xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: A Few Of My Views  (Read 530 times)

RcbUK

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« on: December 17, 2004, 05:43:00 PM »

Firstly, I don't see how we could have just evolved from nothing. IMO that is ridiculous. I also do not see how the galaxy could have made itself/always been there.

Now, if a God made us, why would he have made us all differently? Eg some people have diseases, others are rich bastards etc. He wouldn't have wanted people in Africa to starve, surely?

Just a quick 1 minute sum up of my thoughts  tongue.gif

nemt

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004, 06:01:00 PM »

The Universe certainly shows signs of intelligent design, as evidenced by the lack of total starlight or total darkness.

dietrite

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2004, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE (nemt @ Dec 17 2004, 07:04 PM)
The Universe certainly shows signs of intelligent design, as evidenced by the lack of total starlight or total darkness.

can you elaborate?  uhh.gif

fishlord

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2004, 12:02:00 AM »

QUOTE (dietrite @ Dec 18 2004, 05:27 AM)

im guessing he cant.

nemt

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2004, 09:40:00 AM »

QUOTE (dietrite @ Dec 17 2004, 11:27 PM)

Well, various parts of chaos theory and causality suggest the universe should either contain no light, or so much light that every single position in the sky would be filled with a star.

cainedna

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2004, 12:49:00 PM »

We are talking about the most complex structure that exists, the universe.
I've only got a basic understanding of how something like the human liver works, and mine is inside me, functioning all the same.
How can you even expect to fully understand an entity that encompasses all of existence? You can have faith in a higher power and leave it at that, if you need an answer.
On the other hand, you can accept that we've got a worse chance understanding out universe than my liver has comprehending the city I live in.
In other words, look at the dark ages in Europe. Do you think anyone had a good idea of what the universe is about? I'll be the first to say we've come a long way, but do you think that we're in any position to say anything yet? We've hardly left the planet in all of that time.

tupac2

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2004, 08:51:00 PM »

soon there shall be a time of moment.

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2004, 05:34:00 AM »

Eg some people have diseases, others are rich bastards etc. He wouldn't have wanted people in Africa to starve, surely?

Everyone is born the same, but it is up to them to deciede what theyw ant to do with thier lives. Money is a man made enitity, God can't give you money, but he can give you the means to get it, which we are all born with, but many deicede not to use. Again, God gave man the ability to learn to grow crops, and care for the land they live on, it's up to them if they want to use it.

I think the Big Bang is the biggest load of bull, everything you see, and and infinite amount of space you can't see, created by one little molecule, reacting with itself... All humans, plants, animals, all non-living things... all sprouting from a single molecule.
And I agree, creationism has many flaws, and without some sort of faith in God, there's no way you can comprehend his power and abilities.

afon

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2004, 05:55:00 PM »

I think the Big Bang is the biggest load of bull, everything you see, and and infinite amount of space you can't see, created by one little molecule, reacting with itself... All humans, plants, animals, all non-living things... all sprouting from a single molecule.
And I agree, creationism has many flaws, and without some sort of faith in God, there's no way you can comprehend his power and abilities.

Yeah man, and its not like a nuclear explosion could come of one atom either. Wait a minute....

nemt

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »

QUOTE(afon @ Dec 21 2004, 08:58 PM)
Yeah man, and its not like a nuclear explosion could come of one atom either. Wait a minute....

A nuclear explosion comes out of many many atoms, not just one...

Mr. Chips

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2004, 11:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(afon @ Dec 21 2004, 05:58 PM)

You are right that a nuclear (nucular :lol:) explosion can be created from the splitting of an atom.  But It does not serve as a good example of the Big Bang Theory.  The Big Bang Theory is proposing the creation of an infintessimal amount of mass from a small blip the size of a period.  Nuclear reactions however, are destructive forces.  Not to mention they cannot occur naturally.  But that is a good argument nonetheless.  
I challenge you to set aside the almost certain impossibility of there having been such an explosion long ago.  Now, would you be able to explain how such an event could create all the mass of the galaxy?
I'd be curious to see if you can. :)

This post has been edited by Mr. Chips: Dec 22 2004, 07:42 AM

Ice9Tech

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2004, 04:36:00 AM »

My summary of all my views:

Shit happens.

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2004, 06:40:00 AM »

My summary of all my views:

Shit happens.

Sure, that's a summary, but human nature wants us to dig dipper in shit. It makes us want to figure out what we had for dinner, or lunch two nights ago, and how that piece of corn got in there. blink.gif

gronne

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2004, 06:39:00 PM »

I'm not criticizing people for what they believe in, as I know that I could easily have believed in a God if I was born in a christian/muslim/hinduist(or whatever) family. My grandparents(and my mother for a while too) believe in God(christians), but it just didn't work out for me, for many reasons. And I probably wouldn't bother people believing in Gods, as I know it's probably saved a lot of lives, but as I also know it has and will kill even more, it does bother me. Most people believing in whatever religion, are "cool" people who wouldn't want to harm anybody, but there are too many that would. These people bother me in the way that they might very well initiate the next world war, which by many is supposed to be the last, as we all might die in it.

It doesn't matter how much you explain for religious people why they are wrong, as they will always come up with various excuses which "proves" them right. I can REALLY understand why they want their religions to be true (who would accept they've been living in a lie?). I respect their believes, but if they speak for their cause I will always tell them what I feel about it. I could say we're all equal shits who don't deserve anything, but since we're here I will always speak for the weak and choose to say that we're all equal, but equal in a highly valuable manner.

Wolfblade13

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2004, 05:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(baner)

QUOTE(nemt @ Dec 22 2004, 05:13 AM)
A nuclear explosion comes out of many many atoms, not just one...

A nuclear explosion comes out of many atoms, but if there was 1 molecule (like baner says),who contains many molecules, it could be reacting with itself (you dont know the circumstances of that time the universe existed).

and btw. if "god" made it, was he in heaven or something? if not, where was he? Did heaven already existed in that time?  :blink:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5