xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: A Few Of My Views  (Read 530 times)

SKoT

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »

no im sorry the correct answer was mormon, yes thats right, mormon

afon

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2004, 11:25:00 AM »

LOL! SOUTHPARK QUOTE, BEST QUOTE EVER ^^^^^

God, why couldnt i have thought of that one :-(

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2004, 06:58:00 PM »

smile.gif
I've allways seen it as not imposible, but statisticly rare. There are a lot of planets, so there are many many chances for rare conditions to occur. Also were still missing many of the rules, what I mean is there are a lot of materials that could have unique properties we have not seen and unique events that could have occured. Another event with low staticical being hit with lighting, but it does occur.
So in my oppion, it comes down to your belief that is was just the roll of the dice or if someone/something rolled a loaded pair just for this planet.  tongue.gif

pegasys

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »

My theory, God creates big bang, with plan of what will happen in mind.  Lets humans evolve naturally.  Plants the idea of religion in our heads, lets u decide what to belive, and how to whorshop.  Dosn't interviene that often, exept for things like Jesus, being born to set people back on the path.  To me this is the only possible way things occured.  I follow deisum(sp), however I sometimes attend a catholic church and whorshop there(my family is catholic).  It is the "Houseof God", but it is corrupted by men, and they change their beliefs to suit the political climate.  it has become an institution, not a religion.  Just my oppinion on things.

SKoT

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2004, 08:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(XeroKitsune @ Dec 25 2004, 03:29 AM)
I'm going to toss my pocket change in on evolution smile.gif

pegasys

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2004, 08:55:00 AM »

I don't belive god know what humans will do because then he we are not truely free, and are predestined either to love god or not love god.  And according to some of my uber religios friends, what makes humans different and better than angels is that we can choose whether to love God or not.  And god knowing all just dosn't fit into that equation.  He know 99.9% but not exactly what we will do.  He can probably predict it because he has infanate wisdom ect.  I am interested in XeroKitsune's respnse as well.

Wolfblade13

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2004, 05:29:00 AM »

blink.gif

SKoT

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2004, 09:07:00 AM »

QUOTE(pegasys @ Dec 25 2004, 05:26 PM)
I don't belive god know what humans will do because then he we are not truely free, and are predestined either to love god or not love god.  And according to some of my uber religios friends, what makes humans different and better than angels is that we can choose whether to love God or not.  And god knowing all just dosn't fit into that equation.  He know 99.9% but not exactly what we will do.  He can probably predict it because he has infanate wisdom ect.  I am interested in XeroKitsune's respnse as well.

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2004, 08:25:00 AM »

Well a black hole can compress an infinite mass into an infinitely small area

That's what we're told to believe. No one has proven this. I've yet to see a "tamed" black hole, or any man made object close to a black hole.

Another event with low staticical being hit with lighting

I'm not so sure you could call being struck by lightning as having "low staticical" when comparing it to us evolving from rocks...

My theory, God creates big bang, with plan of what will happen in mind. Lets humans evolve naturally. Plants the idea of religion in our heads, lets u decide what to belive, and how to whorshop.

I think that's been discussed as the "clock maker" theory. The clock maker creates his watch, doesn't intervine with it, unless it breaks, in which he fixes it and sends it off on its way again.

The fact is, we will never know how it all happend. With science, we need data to compare too, and when it was the begining, there is no data to use to compare. With religion, you must hvae faith in a book written 2000 years ago by man, from the word of God, but that's something many people decide not to have. We will be questioning this fo centuries to come, if we last that long, and aguing whether religion or science fits the situation better.

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2004, 01:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(Baner @ Dec 28 2004, 10:56 AM)
I'm not so sure you could call being struck by lightning as having "low staticical" when comparing it to us evolving from rocks...

View Post

mrchester

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

If God did all this in 7 days, he prob. invented BAWLS to pull all them all-nighters.

I think he must have just created the universe and set it in motion. He created physics and matter and just let them do their thing. Then hit the foward button a million or so times.

Baner

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2004, 01:52:00 PM »

QUOTE(XeroKitsune @ Dec 29 2004, 03:47 PM)
It sounds like people needed rules and people created rules, people needed hope so people created hope, and people needed a way to discribe things they didn't understand so people created a blanket explnation.

RcbUK

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2004, 03:20:00 PM »

For me, the terrible tradgedy that has just happened in Asia ( The Tsunami ) is pretty good proof that God doesn't exist.

Boba_Fett

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #28 on: December 31, 2004, 04:42:00 PM »

QUOTE(RcbUK @ Dec 31 2004, 11:51 PM)
For me, the terrible tradgedy that has just happened in Asia ( The Tsunami ) is pretty good proof that God doesn't exist.

Wolfblade13

• Archived User
A Few Of My Views
« Reply #29 on: January 04, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »

QUOTE(Baner @ Dec 28 2004, 04:56 PM)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5