xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: The Debate  (Read 800 times)

melon

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #75 on: October 04, 2004, 01:21:00 PM »

Incorrect. Extremely Incorrect. The USS Cole, Our Embasies in two african countries, The first world trade center bombing, and more, not to mention that Osama and his so-called network declared war(JIHAD) on the United States of America. Be sure to support your replies with facts. Please remember that apeasment has never stopped a war. Hilter and Germany prior to WWII and during were given free reign because people did not stand up to him.

Sorry to bring shit up from 2 pages back but i cant let this slide.

Firstly you cant count incidents outside of your borders (no smartarse comment about embasies being American soil). I dont know who bombed the trade centre first time around but wow 2 bombs, our countries have been dropping more than that in a day on Iraq since the first Gulf war - and we were meant to be at peace.

How dare you compare Saddam to Hitler!
There was appeasment because people had suffered during the first world war which was horrific beyond explanation. It heralded the tank and trenches for the first time with millions dead. People just didnt have the stomach for another war, it was a completely different situation to Saddam and you belittle the memories of all those who died in doing so.

Baner

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #76 on: October 04, 2004, 02:33:00 PM »

no smartarse comment about embasies being American soil

Won't even go further than this with that comment...

Ween311

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #77 on: October 04, 2004, 02:47:00 PM »

Firstly you cant count incidents outside of your borders (no smartarse comment about embasies being American soil).

What?  It doesn't count?  This isn't a game.  Those attacks were attacks against Americans.  It doesn't matter if it happened inside or outside of our borders.  I really don't understand your reasoning there.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #78 on: October 04, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »

How dare you compare Saddam to Hitler!

I've seen countless comparisons between Bush and Hitler.  But you can't compare known tyrant?

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #79 on: October 04, 2004, 03:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (Baner @ Oct 4 2004, 10:36 PM)
How about Timmy McVeigh (sp?), he may not be your ideal image of a terroist, but a terrorist none-the-less.
The New England sniper? Although he's not a bomber, he's still a terrorist.

Won't even go further than this with that comment...

ummmmmm timmy and the sniper were unpreventable attacks.  the snipers were more of serial killers anyways.  Timmy was an american as were the snipers.  The sniper attacks don't even belong in this thread, they're on a completely different level.  And explain how to stop timmy's bombing?  There was no way.

some bad things are going to happen in this world that we have no way of stopping.  But if you're going to count murderers as terrorists the best way to stop murders would be to stop selling guns and make them illegal.  But that's another topic

thomes08

The unProfessional

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #80 on: October 04, 2004, 04:32:00 PM »

muhaha.gif

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #81 on: October 04, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »

Yeah right, alcohol was banned, and guess what, the world didn't stop spinning. All it did was make a few cheats insanely rich *cough*Kennedys*cough*.

Guns are much less important than alcohol.

The unProfessional

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #82 on: October 04, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »

Actually prohibition created a massive underground market.  Do you honestly think a bunch of gangsters illegally selling booze is anything like a bunch of modern thugs smuggling weapons?  Imagine being a member of SWAT and having to constantly raid caches of illegal weapons.  They already do that enough without bans.

Maximumbeing

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #83 on: October 04, 2004, 08:33:00 PM »

Did I say it didn't create a huge underground market?
That market just happened to be dominated by a few groups.

No matter what these gangs are illegally smuggling, you can be sure that they're armed.

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2004, 06:45:00 AM »

naw but making them a lot harder to get certainly will stop a lot of murders.  Also why would there be terrorsits attacks if you idiots aren't toting guns around?

thomes08

Ween311

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2004, 08:11:00 AM »

How did a topic on the debate get around to guns?  I don't remember either candidate discussing this in the debates.

Back on topic.  I agree with you cainedna.  The debates really don't mean a whole lot.  Most people have already made up their minds on who they are going to vote for.  I don't think the first round of debates has really changed anybodies mind, except maybe the people who don't really pay attention to politics anyway.  That's who the debates are really targeted to.  I do like to watch them, for entertainment value.  The Vice Presidential debates tonight should be pretty fun to watch.

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

it won't change people's mind who have them already made up.  But some people just like one person because that's how they were brought up, or like one person but don't really know why.  The debates change their minds.  I don't know how you guys can say they don't matter when it changed an 8 or 9 point lead for bush into a dead tie.  That's a HUGE difference

thomes08

Ween311

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2004, 11:57:00 AM »

Well, that really depends on the poll that you are looking at and the questions that were being asked in the poll.  I personally don't look at polls because I think like most statistics, they can be skewed or presented to say whatever you want them to.  Of course, Kerry won the debate, but everbody pretty much knew that going in.  

I think that by now, one month from the election, people who follow politics have their minds made up.  Do you personally know anybody who was going to vote for Kerry or Bush that has changed thier mind after watching the first round of the debates?  Nobody I know has.  They have been following the election news since the Democratic primaries or even before.  I think that the debates are a dog and pony show for the swing voters who are on the fence right now and don't know who they want to vote for.  Nothing wrong with that, I just don't think that the majority of American voters fall into the category of "swing" voters.  I still enjoy the debates very much.  Don't get me wrong.  Like I said the VP debates tonight should be very amusing.

Baner

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2004, 12:34:00 PM »

ummmmmm timmy and the sniper were unpreventable attacks.

Tell me one way that the OKC Bombing was unpreventable but the WTC attack wasn't.

Serial Killer = Terrorist
Terrorist =/ Serial Killer

Same thing as a square is a rectangle but a rectangle isn't a square right?
Terrorism

I don't see how they we're on different levels... the snipers struck enough fear into people to keep themselves and their childrens in their homes, and Tim's purpose was to "teach" people why abortion is bad...

Guns are much less important than alcohol.

I know! My weekends would be so bland without it! wink.gif

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2004, 12:43:00 PM »

if that's the case we should stop attacking other countries and deal with the many terrorists we have here
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9