xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: The Debate  (Read 811 times)

K98

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #60 on: October 03, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »

It could be paper but why wouldn't it already be there? Then why does he turn away to pull it out or just walk out with it in plain site?

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #61 on: October 03, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

watch the video again... he's turning back to the audience as he's still pulling it out.  has it up in his hands for a second or so, then puts it on the podium.  He obviously wasn't hiding anything or he wouldn't have it in his hands, above the podium, in from of millions of people and a live audience.

If it were a big deal the bush campaign would be making it a big deal and they aren't.  If he was breaking the rules there would be bad press about this and there isn't.  Just a smear web site and you (who claim to be neutral, is that still true or were you just bullshitting?).  And neither of those are very credible

thomes08

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #62 on: October 03, 2004, 07:10:00 PM »

upon further review of the higher res video it become even more clear this isn't what the republicans are hoping it is.
1st off the podiums were at an angle so when he was walking away from some people, he was still in sight of one side of the audience.  2nd when he actually gets it out, it is clearly above the podium whil ehe is facing the audience.

if there is one thing a politician, especially presidential canidate, knows is that NOTHING is away from people or cameras.  

at first i thought you were nemt because you started posting right after he stopped.  you're ignorant, hateful, and war hungry like he is, but you're not as smart at picking your arguments

have fun hoping this will make him look bad

K98

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #63 on: October 03, 2004, 07:17:00 PM »

have fun hoping this will make him look bad

Nah there's so much other stuff that makes him look terrrible. This was just a interesting thing to watch.

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #64 on: October 03, 2004, 07:21:00 PM »

you're right, he looked like he was hiding the magic potion that would make him noticably more intelligent that the other canidate, but yet had in plain sight for millions of people to see.

and out all of the other things politicians bitch about, for some reason they're just going to let this one go.  I don't even see fox covering this one (although i don't watch fox 24/7 so i can't be sure)

Gimme a break if he was breaking the rules on a debate that a large majority claimed kerry the victor, the bush camp would (and i would too if i were them) make a huge shit about this one.

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #65 on: October 03, 2004, 07:38:00 PM »

naw, you're (failed) stance was to try and make kerry look bad from some conspiracy web site.  that's pretty evident in your original post and the follow ups

Colonel32

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #66 on: October 03, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE (K98 @ Oct 4 2004, 02:30 AM)
Take a look at this from Kerry I found it interesting.

http://www.dailyrecy...ever-cheat.html

Shows him pull somethign out of his pocket when he's kinda turned from the audience. Bringing outside materials to the debate session is against the rules.

It did make the sheeps happy. You posted it.  This was the point of it, to take the heat off Bush because he made an ass out of himself and your country at a debate viewed around the world.

It was leaked through the Matt Drudge by the RNC. If you had the slightest bit of an open mind you would have noticed Bush doing the exact same thing as Kerry with the folded piece of paper.

You attention is too focused on Kerry to notice that....

Regardless, if Kerry had snuck in a cheat sheet, how did it make GWB look like a babbling ape filled with talking points and no understanding of the policy he is running.

brandogg

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #67 on: October 03, 2004, 08:39:00 PM »

No understanding? Kerry is the one who seems so out of touch with what is actually going on. "His" plan for Iraq is a copy of the Bush Administration's. Kerry thinks Iran purchased nuclear components so that they could pursue them for "energy resources" - they don't need any new energy sources, the ARE the oil industry. I'll admit Kerry did speak well, but what he actually said is a different story. I'll also tell you this, Bush did look tired, but he spent all day (for the 6th time in recent weeks) passing out food and aid to those who need it, in my state, Florida, while your friend Kerry was getting his nails done.

brandogg

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #68 on: October 03, 2004, 09:24:00 PM »

Good thing I'm posting on a website dedicated to hacking the Xbox then, huh? Ok, I'm not the one to dictate Iran's nuclear usage, but what did they recently announce they're pursuing...oh that's right, nuclear weapons.

gcskate27

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2004, 12:52:00 AM »

i dont know colonel... its 'hard work' over there and he obviously just hates our troops... you can tell by his comments during the debate... or was that when he was sending 'mixed messages'?

thomes08

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2004, 06:50:00 AM »

don't you mean "mexed missages"?

yeah how many times did bush say "it's hard work" in order to try and connect with the "common man"?  Doeas anybody know?

thomes08

esc1

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2004, 08:06:00 AM »

QUOTE (brandogg @ Oct 3 2004, 10:42 PM)
No understanding? Kerry is the one who seems so out of touch with what is actually going on. "His" plan for Iraq is a copy of the Bush Administration's. Kerry thinks Iran purchased nuclear components so that they could pursue them for "energy resources" - they don't need any new energy sources, the ARE the oil industry. I'll admit Kerry did speak well, but what he actually said is a different story. I'll also tell you this, Bush did look tired, but he spent all day (for the 6th time in recent weeks) passing out food and aid to those who need it, in my state, Florida, while your friend Kerry was getting his nails done.

LMAO!!   laugh.gif

So true!

SKoT

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2004, 09:39:00 AM »

kerry kept saying, 'well jim,....' like he was talking to just him and not the american people... sincere?

cainedna

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2004, 11:02:00 AM »

kerry kept saying, 'well jim,....' like he was talking to just him and not the american people... sincere?

I don't think it implies much of anything to address the person who asked you a question. How does that even begin to hint at insincerity to you?
Things like this, and the equally ridiculous "hidden materials" are the most pathetic attempts to try to soften the horrible blow the Bush administration took during the debate. The fact is that Bush didn't have much of a leg to stand on content wise, combined with his poor speech skills, and the fact that he was intimidated by Kerry.

Baner

• Archived User
The Debate
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »

the fact that he was intimidated by Kerry.

Watch the begining of the dabate, Kerry shakes, it's called anticipation. Hell, I'd be intimidated if I was infront of the nation, preparing to make a "speech" that could end or begin my career as president.

As for the dabate being a "horrible blow for the Bush administration," It's more than likly a slight blow. Although Bush did get his ass handed to him in the dabate, Kerry only stated "facts" (won't go to indepth with that since it has already been discussed) that we (people who are semi-educated about the canidates) already knew. Everything stated at the debate is on Kerry's website.

I just wanna recap all the irrelavent material presented in this topic:
kerry kept saying, 'well jim,....'
http://www.dailyrecy...ever-cheat.html
"like 5 houses but maybe 3 OMFG WTF" (I'm glad you put that in qoutes... not misleading or anything wink.gif )
Everything about Bush vs Kerry in the financial section of their lives
CommunistsforKerry2004

How does all this bullshit end up in the discussion?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9