xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Usa=nazi Germany?  (Read 206 times)

jbp20717

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« on: May 12, 2004, 03:59:00 AM »

Now I am not saying that the US plans to invade Poland, but there are quite a few similarities...

1.  The USA is a federal government, as was Germany in 1933

2.  The state brainwashes children by making them swear allegiance (or whatever) to the flag in school, as happened in Nazi Germany

3.  Much of Hitler's strategy was based on military means (lets just pretend Afghanistan is Czechoslovakia) as is George Bush's

4.  Adolf Hitler was a lazy politician whose main interest was going to bed (having said that, at least he was a good public speaker wink.gif )

5.  Germany had quite a lot of good things going on in the 30s, as America does now

6.  Nazi germany led Germans to believe that they were better than everyone else

7.  Hitler got into power because he manipulated others (Florida? rolleyes.gif )

8.  Hitler incarcerated prisoners in camps without giving them basic human rights (Guantanamo Bay?)

Just wanted to point this out biggrin.gif

However, Hitler didn't have to look at a turkey on a table every November and pretend to be interested, so maybe my string of comparisons falls short there.

nemt

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2004, 04:07:00 AM »

You're an idiot.  That wouldn't even be worthy of a liberal chain e-mail.

jbp20717

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2004, 04:08:00 AM »

Yeah, I know, but I was bored.

falser

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2004, 07:31:00 AM »

It would be easier to compare Hitler to Saddam as they are both dictators.  But even then, Saddam didn't create anything close to a Final Solution, or build the worlds strongest army or take over 80% of Europe.  If Saddam were the leader of the US and had ultimate authority over the people and military, then you'd getting close to what Germany was during WW2.

67thRaptorBull

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2004, 04:39:00 PM »

i think its funny, and in a way it is

rms2001

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2004, 11:22:00 PM »

11. Telling us what we can and can’t read (the banning of books from public librarys)
12. Telling us that we must ware uniforms to school. (Make us all look alike, think alike and act alike.)

I'm sure you can think if a few others...

He dose make a valid point guys. The US has given up more freedoms in the past 4 years than ever before. Like its really helped us. Just gives the Gov more power is all.

Those willing to sacrifice liberty for security soon lose both, and deserve neither.
Ben Franklan

XeroKitsune

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2004, 11:56:00 PM »

I don't get outside that often but I think I would have herd of consentration camps and the attempted genoside of some race of humans. I haven't seen military marches in the streets lately.
Oh then were doing to take over Iraq and make it a colony of America, no wait were giving that back to it's people. Humm
Oh then people speaking out agentst the goverment must be being killed wholesale for there oppions, no wait thats not happening eather.

You know, if America were truely as amoral as Nazi Germany would have been easier and would have saved US Troops lives. The military could have just killed everyone in the whole middle east in a simple chemical or nucilar strike...

But that doen't matter, to many people America is EVIL, much the same way MS is seen as EVIL...

Heet

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2004, 02:10:00 AM »

Thought it was just another stupid liberal comment.  Glad to see it was a joke.

melon

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2004, 02:13:00 AM »

There is a good point in there. Bush and Hitler are vastly different and no comparison can realistically be made. If Bush had Hitlers intelligence.... (joke)

I do think it shows how america is slowly becoming a totalitarian state.
Bush is introducing legislation bit by bit which is corroding your civil liberties.
Our government is trying the same but so far unsuccesfully.

If we are not carefull we might end up with the same rights as people living in Hitlers Germany - none.

BloodyMary

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2004, 03:07:00 AM »

2 major point (which have been slightly covered)..

Hitler = Dictator with unlimited power and never ending term

Bush = Elected representative which can be voted out of office and even if he isnt,
he has a 2 term limit totalling 8 years (if he tries to enact laws changing that, I'll start to believe what the original poster wrote)

jbp20717

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2004, 04:46:00 AM »

Hey, this thread got more hits than I thought it ever would.  Oh, and it was meant as a joke more than anything else.  I'm not at all anti-american (apart from the whole "America is better than everywhere else", which I think everyone tends to find a little annoying biggrin.gif ), hell if I had the most powerful army in the world I'd bomb the shit out of almost everyone.  I think I'd start with Zimbabwe (to get rid of Mugabe), followed by France and Serbia ('cos they're both too arrogant)

Although if the USA wanted an Anchluss with Austria, Senator Schwarzenegger culd be quite a good go-between biggrin.gif

jbp20717

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2004, 04:52:00 AM »

QUOTE (melon @ May 13 2004, 11:13 AM)
If we are not carefull we might end up with the same rights as people living in Hitlers Germany - none.

Actually, had Hitler not started the whole war thing (again, a bit like Bush! biggrin.gif), he would have probably been regarded as one of the greatest leaders ever.

Women had a lot more liberty than previously in Weimar Germany and by creating jobs, Hitler gave people the money to be able to do something.  He also made workplaces a far more agreeable place to work and set up loads of activities (ok, maybe brainwashing ones) for people to do in their spare time, as well as opening new art galleries and rebuilding German pride.

i.e. As long as you wre a "pure" German, life in 1930s Germany couldn't have been too bad

melon

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »

very true. Germany was prosperous due to a war economy (another similarity).
If you were pro-Hitler life was sweet. Its just if someone publicly critisised him they were in trouble. With the introduction of the Patriot Act and the upcoming Patriot Act II. The FBI are quickly turning into the SS.

jbp20717

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2004, 05:36:00 AM »

dry.gif

Intensecure

• Archived User
Usa=nazi Germany?
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2004, 07:06:00 AM »

I can't even be bothered to enumerate the similarities, but good points have been made throughout.
The USA is the Roman Empire, and will suffer the same fate.
Pages: [1] 2 3