xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: My First 3d  (Read 271 times)

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #45 on: August 13, 2006, 10:24:00 PM »

Dude, talk about being all touchy feely.  I just simply wanted an explanation as to what you meant by what you said.  That's all.  As I recall you were the one who said, "Don't", which insinuates I was trying to start something. I wasn't, and it's not my fault you took it that way.  I'm sorry someone shit in your cereal but that happens to all of us.  Don't take it out on me cuz you had a bad day.  

Why am I always drawn into these things?  Oh yeah I love drama! biggrin.gif

Dude seriously, chill, I meant nothing, you were tired, and CB hasn't posted anything new. tongue.gif   Let's just find a chair sit back and take down a cold one.  It's cool man. beerchug.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2006, 05:17:00 AM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Aug 14 2006, 11:41 AM) View Post

haven't done anything over the weekend but i started like a little somethin friday...hopefully ill get finished with it

Anything neat?

I Want More CowBell

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2006, 10:16:00 AM »

preview of what im workin on...still adding stuff..

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

so this is all i got  unsure.gif

LiL WiLsoN

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

dammmmmm cowbell its sweet i dig ur style

u should make a pimp room now that would look sweet smile.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2006, 12:06:00 PM »

Window looks like it's floating off the wall or something. Not really sure.

And the couch is a little boxy.... Is that what Im looking for, for a word?

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2006, 12:36:00 PM »

IPB Image

w2kj

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2006, 01:40:00 PM »

It looks pretty good there CB; pretty damn good. cool.gif  3D is so totally cool!  I hope I can get back in the swing with the stuff I learned a few years ago.  Your attempt has caused a spark in me again.

@Rylinkus:  what do you do for a living...no company names....just curious as to what your job description is.  How different is Bentley as compared to other cad proggies.  I've heard of Bentley...never knew anyone that ran it.

sad.gif Sorry CB; I'm not really trying to hijack your thread...we are talkin' 'bout 3D here; right? wink.gif

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2006, 02:40:00 PM »

Collabric's Website

If that's not clear enough check out
Our Competitor's Website

They're pretty big about not putting out any info that could reveal our "trade secrets" and all. So I'm leary to show off much. But the company website will explain what we do pretty well I think. Mostly designing signs for trade shows and such. Pretty cool stuff.

As for my job description..... I don't even know if I have one. The title I use in company emails ranges from designer to production assistant to dark mage. I had a title. It was stripped from me as it no longer applied. No one will give me a new one so I feel as though I'm at my leisure to use whatever I feel.

As far as microstation, Bentley has just released Microstation XM. I find it pretty user friendly. I think the ACS makes it quite easy to work in 3d. And the 3d PDF stuff is simply awesome. I'm no expert with it, but I can certainly see where it could pay huge dividends. As with everything there are some weak points, and I do find Microstation slightly less stable then other apps I've used. But it works so damn well for what we do that it's hard to see us switching anytime soon.

w2kj

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2006, 03:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(Rylinkus @ Aug 14 2006, 03:47 PM) View Post
Collabric's Website

If that's not clear enough check out
Our Competitor's Website

They're pretty big about not putting out any info that could reveal our "trade secrets" and all. So I'm leary to show off much. But the company website will explain what we do pretty well I think. Mostly designing signs for trade shows and such. Pretty cool stuff.
Thanx; Rylinkus.  I appreciate you sharing this; and helping to hijack cowbells thread. jester.gif  (Thanx CB....dude; you're a good sport.)

Rylinkus

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2006, 03:36:00 PM »

QUOTE(w2kj @ Aug 14 2006, 10:30 PM) View Post

Thanx; Rylinkus.  I appreciate you sharing this; and helping to hijack cowbells thread. jester.gif  (Thanx CB....dude; you're a good sport.)

no problem man. It's not like our company is a complete secret. I just don't feel comfortable posting anything with a logo from any company on it as that would probably break some rule in the handbook. (I really need to read that thing. )

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2006, 03:57:00 PM »

Since everyone seems to be big fans of living room type stuff here is one of mine.  I never really finished it.  Maybe someday.

IPB Image

chuxterofdoom

• Archived User
My First 3d
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2006, 06:14:00 PM »

QUOTE(I Want More CowBell @ Aug 14 2006, 06:58 PM) View Post

ah mi dios que es tan jodiendo impresionante soy aturdido muy en eso. usted hizo un a amigo muy impresionante de trabajo. usted necesita hacer un tutorial en ahora hacer eso.
stunned!

oh ps: yo tambien conejos de joroba de noche

dude what's with rabbit humping thing. lol thx for the compliments.  Most of these things are built out of simple shapes.  Oh and NURBS are your friends. The glass table is made of five sweep NURBS and the vase is a lathe NURBS.  The only thing I didn't model myself was the beetle on the table.  One other thing.  Radiosity and HDRI images will give you very realistic results but can take eons to render.  This uses a slightly weaker radiosity setting because otherwise it would take too damn long to render.  It took 40 mins. just to render this frame.  I really need to get me a dual core processor. sad.gif  As usual just let me know if you need help with anything.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]