xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Scion  (Read 1038 times)

CJLee89

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #30 on: May 23, 2008, 10:15:00 PM »

lol. Thanks guys!

The Mustang I can already tell is going to be too much on insurance without even having numbers ran. And with only 19 MPG, that will suck real bad.

The Fusion looks like a nice car in and out. Test driving it Tuesday! As well as some Focus'.

Still open for suggestions.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Scion
« Reply #31 on: May 25, 2008, 12:16:00 AM »

Other suggestions:
-Subaru Impreza
-Mazda 3
-Mitsubishi Lancer
-Toyota Matrix
-Nissan Altima

o The Drizzle o

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #32 on: May 25, 2008, 01:14:00 AM »

i can vouch for subarus... i used to have a '93 Impreza. had almost 300k miles on it. ran good.
but one day.... i put some oil in... forgot to put the cap back on. drove about 5 miles to my friends. on the way there, it turned off a few times on me... but once i got to my friends, i lifted the hood... no oil cap sad.gif . luckily it was wedged in between two things... about a week later... on my way home from school, it started clicking. i thought whatever, ill look when i get home. didnt make it home sad.gif
i still think if it wasnt for that... id still have it. plus, when i got it, it was like $900 hah. power windows too!

lostboyz

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2008, 11:04:00 AM »

mazda 3 is excellent, especially if you are lucky enough to get a speed 3, though it would be out of your price range.
the new pontiac vibe is really nice, no idea how it drives

grim_d

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #34 on: May 25, 2008, 01:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(lostboyz @ May 25 2008, 06:40 PM) View Post

mazda 3 is excellent, especially if you are lucky enough to get a speed 3, though it would be out of your price range.

is that the same as the mps over here? if so its a lovely looking car but it suffers from a major flaw..

..its FWD, and thats a 2.3 T (260bhp) throught the front wheels, silly. Those little cars would be a perfect hot-hatch it if only they made it AWD

lostboyz

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #35 on: May 25, 2008, 01:58:00 PM »

Yes high HP FWD cars generally suffer from massive amounts of torque steer, the speed 3 does not. They dont just toss in a turbo and say have fun, a lot of engineering goes into suspension and traction control. My dad had the middle of the line mazda 3 2.3L i4 and if you floored it in first or second you did suffer from torque steer, I got a chance to drive my friends speed 3 and it is almost not even noticeable. Of course a good AWD system would be proper but it would also weigh more and get worse gas mileage. Its a give and take system.

EDIT: and from a quick google image search, mps looks like the equivalent of our 'mazda speed' branding. I saw a 3 and 6 'mps'

grim_d

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2008, 02:10:00 PM »

torque steer would be the least of my worries, to fix that you just hold the wheel tight

but no amount of traction control/stability management/suspension tweeking eradicates understeer. Power out would be a nightmare.

and with an already hefty 1500 kgs, the AWD would be hardly noticable for weight, but the handling would benefit greatly. For what it would add you could easy shave off by ripping the interior out  muhaha.gif

if your worrying about gas mileage on a Forced induction car then you bought the wrong car laugh.gif

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Scion
« Reply #37 on: May 27, 2008, 06:55:00 AM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ May 25 2008, 03:45 PM) View Post

is that the same as the mps over here? if so its a lovely looking car but it suffers from a major flaw..

..its FWD, and thats a 2.3 T (260bhp) throught the front wheels, silly. Those little cars would be a perfect hot-hatch it if only they made it AWD

you're not from the US so let me explain this...

it's nigh impossible to find an AWD car here...

All Subarus are AWD, you can buy SOME Audi's in AWD (but in general they'll only let you get AWD if it has a Auto transmission instead of a proper stick)

I think you can get the Mazda Speed 6 in AWD and yup... beyond that AWD is only available on SUVs and $60K luxury cars...

And people wonder why Amerians buy SUVs... it's because they offer garbage for low end vehicles... if you don't want FWD you're pretty much limited to SUVs and trucks... and forget about buying a stick shift... that's a special order  dry.gif

grim_d

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #38 on: May 27, 2008, 08:00:00 AM »

my point was the mazda 3 mps should be AWD, it's FWD here too. laugh.gif

CJLee89

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #39 on: May 27, 2008, 11:37:00 AM »

Well guys it's final! Got a 2006 Ford Fusion, 2.3 I-4, 5-speed and about 23,000 miles.

I love it already and only have had for a few hours. Nice ride, shifting is very smooth, power everything, cruise control, keyless entry. Its loaded! for ~13,000.

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Scion
« Reply #40 on: May 27, 2008, 01:44:00 PM »

QUOTE(grim_d @ May 27 2008, 10:36 AM) View Post

my point was the mazda 3 mps should be AWD, it's FWD here too. laugh.gif

I realize what you were saying... my point is that there is no AWD alternative in the US... so while FWD in Europe puts it behind it's competitors... it has no AWD competitors in the US.

QUOTE(CJLee89 @ May 27 2008, 02:13 PM) View Post

Well guys it's final! Got a 2006 Ford Fusion, 2.3 I-4, 5-speed and about 23,000 miles.

I love it already and only have had for a few hours. Nice ride, shifting is very smooth, power everything, cruise control, keyless entry. Its loaded! for ~13,000.

Cool.... Pics please  pop.gif

CJLee89

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2008, 03:37:00 PM »

Yeah! I have class at 6 so I will do it later.

For now: http://66.219.164.74...archvkid=267594

Not sure how long it will be up but heres a link to the car.  smile.gif

lostboyz

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2008, 04:14:00 PM »

good choice, too bad you couldnt get the v6 awd but that 2.3 i4 is a good engine, and for all practical purposes FWD will do you fine.

CJLee89

• Archived User
Scion
« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2008, 06:59:00 PM »

Thanks! I love it so far. The only thing I have seen wrong with it, is that it whistles slightly going down the road. Kind of annoying but not big enough to gripe about.

hamwbone

• Recovered User
Scion
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2008, 12:23:00 AM »

can you hear where the whislle is comming from? could be a brake pad indicator, or something simple like the air filter not snapped on right.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4