xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Street Racers  (Read 353 times)

rooicity

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2002, 01:50:00 PM »

QUOTE (zizux @ Dec 30 2002, 09:28 PM)
you should buy my vr4 you can check it out here

http://www.ut3si.org...izux/zizux.html

With all respect ... i don't want an american car.
I live in europe and american cars are way to expensive here.
To heavy and they use to much fuel.

I only want german cars : BMW, Opel, Volkswagen and i am especially an Opel Freak ....

This is my dream car :

user posted image
Opel Astra G

rerunn

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2002, 02:26:00 PM »

blink.gif  Foolishness prevails, no matter what age.

I'm usually a sane driver but sometimes I love seeing this face --->  ohmy.gif
when I hand a ricermobile his ass in my 4 door sedan (2k1 maxima)

Drive safe, boys and girlies smile.gif

AdmStng

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2002, 02:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (Ace25 @ Dec 30 2002, 10:18 PM)
Hahaha.. most Americans dont want American cars.. they are crap.. trucks are a different story.. but I dont know of a single American car I would buy.. Even a mustang, although fun to drive, has tons of problems.. the '88 I was in had a $1200 computer go out twice in a year, among other major engine probs.. Stick with German or Japanese for cars.. I do like all the ones you listed there.. My soon to be roomate has a BMW, just got back from Germany where he bought it.. Not sure what it is, its silver, and a #, not an M3 or anything.

If you own a mustang you beat on it, and if you beat on it your gunna have a nice tool set and jack cause your gunna be under the hood alot.  then again if you take car of a mustang it will last forever. it's one of those cars you have to love to own. and r u sure your stang went 153?? i clocked mine at 130 somthing. but i had 373 gears.. zizux, i hope you weren't putting mustangs in the same class as ricers?!?!?!.. (i hate 4bangers that think they can beat 8's, and i HATE "the fast and furious) nice vr4, got spanked by one couple months ago

AdmStng

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2002, 02:41:00 PM »

I had an awd talon
that car is pretty damn fast

Ace25

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2002, 02:44:00 PM »

Well, the spedo on the '88 was pegged at 140 so I could not say for sure it was 153, that was what the radar gun in the cops hand said I was doing.. and no, I dont put mustangs and riceburners in the same category.. so why do so many kids with mustangs wanna race civics? I swear I get a 16 year old at least twice a week wanting to race me.. like I said.. I know what my car can do, and I know what a mustang can do, had both, I have no illusions that my civic is going to beat a mustang. But I can guarantee my Civic will outlast the mustang.

AdmStng

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2002, 02:57:00 PM »

i'll tell ya that i would race anybody.. and i loved to race civics only because most kids in my school had 'em and after the movie fastNfur, they thought they were so fast. i loved seeing there faces when i smoked them.. then again, most cars in the mustangs class are faster than it (formula, transam, camaro, vr4,vette, etc) i don't race any more though, my car is totaled..(i should post the pics, lol)  besides.. my true love is a 98+ trans am ram air!!!

zizux

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2002, 03:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (AdmStng @ Dec 30 2002, 10:57 PM)
i'll tell ya that i would race anybody.. and i loved to race civics only because most kids in my school had 'em and after the movie fastNfur, they thought they were so fast. i loved seeing there faces when i smoked them.. then again, most cars in the mustangs class are faster than it (formula, transam, camaro, vr4,vette, etc) i don't race any more though, my car is totaled..(i should post the pics, lol)  besides.. my true love is a 98+ trans am ram air!!!

My next car will probably be a TA WS6 wink.gif

Neway I said mustangs cause I see a lot of punks rolling in stock mustangs acting like idiots. Yeah they are way faster then a civic but still GT's are worthless. Cobras are cool but over priced IMO.

As for the american vs jap crap opinions. HUH you should try having my VR-4 don't get me wrong its a great car, but very high expencive to maintain.

And BTW My VR-4 is known as a GTO (not an american car) where you live. wink.gif

zizux

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2002, 03:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (rooicity @ Dec 30 2002, 09:50 PM)
QUOTE (zizux @ Dec 30 2002, 09:28 PM)
you should buy my vr4 you can check it out here

http://www.ut3si.org...izux/zizux.html

With all respect ... i don't want an american car.
I live in europe and american cars are way to expensive here.
To heavy and they use to much fuel.

I only want german cars : BMW, Opel, Volkswagen and i am especially an Opel Freak ....

This is my dream car :

user posted image
Opel Astra G

I would rather have an M3 Or S6 but more power to ya

methadone_pretty

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2002, 03:30:00 PM »

sad.gif ) - but a friend of mine has always been into faster cars. There isnt so much street racing over, you get the occasional cruise - most of the time its just supermarket car parks full of ricers with their baked bean tin exhausts and bled LED windscreen wiper washers.

Ace25

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2002, 03:43:00 PM »

Hahaha.. I am so glad I am not the only one that thinks those things are lame, right up there with the flashing led valve covers for your tires. Heck, now that I have all the neon, indiglo, EL string in my car it does look kinda cheesy also I admit. But I do not have any exterior lighting of any kind other than stock.

DaGamePimp

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2002, 04:03:00 PM »

wink.gif . My Civic is very extreme [ 480hp ] but so are many of the ones you see driving around [ don't think that your big V8 will eat any little Honda - Trust me , It Will Not ] .
The problem is that most of these cars are owned by kids who just learned how to drive within the past year or two and they all act like Mario Andretti taught them to drive - WRONG ! They are not mature enough to handle the responsibility of a vehicle with more than 125hp let alone one with over 2 or 3 hundred . I have lost 2 friends from street racing over the past 10 years but they were very respectful drivers and would never put anyone in danger [ unlike most of todays young racers that cut you off without even thinking about what they are doing ] . I had this happen to me last year [ a young punk in an Acura cut me off ] so I followed him , he just happen to be going home so I told his parents how he was driving and that I had my wife and son in the vehicle with me . They were shocked [ big surprise ] and guess what , he lost his acura [ mom and dad took it away - hehe ] .
--- DGP ---

M3_DeL

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2002, 04:20:00 PM »

smile.gif

Lets not go into M5's

makev80

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2002, 04:24:00 PM »

This is not my bike, but I have a similar but green.

Kawasaki ZX-9R
user posted image

M3_DeL

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2002, 04:30:00 PM »

Currently I drive a Ford Ranger GT88 and from what I hear it is a limited edition vehicle......I have searched but can't find how many were made....does anyone know how many......I am deciding whether or not to keep it and refubish it or to just sell it. It has the bronco v6 (opposed to the 4 banger) engine in it and comes with GFX.  I have only seen one other....

zizux

• Archived User
Street Racers
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2002, 04:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (DaGamePimp @ Dec 31 2002, 12:03 AM)
as long as you are respectful and don't drive like an IDIOT [ which many do - I agree it needs to stop ] then there is nothing wrong with being into sport compact cars [ Honda / Acura / Etc. ] .
I own a built Civic SiR that is capable of leaving a Mustang GT at the line with a confused look on the drivers face [ Doh , how did that happen ] . Sorry to say I have beat many GT-VR4's as well as a couple of BMW M3's [ which I love by the way - One Slick Car ] wink.gif . My Civic is very extreme [ 480hp ] but so are many of the ones you see driving around [ don't think that your big V8 will eat any little Honda - Trust me , It Will Not ] .
The problem is that most of these cars are owned by kids who just learned how to drive within the past year or two and they all act like Mario Andretti taught them to drive - WRONG ! They are not mature enough to handle the responsibility of a vehicle with more than 125hp let alone one with over 2 or 3 hundred . I have lost 2 friends from street racing over the past 10 years but they were very respectful drivers and would never put anyone in danger [ unlike most of todays young racers that cut you off without even thinking about what they are doing ] . I had this happen to me last year [ a young punk in an Acura cut me off ] so I followed him , he just happen to be going home so I told his parents how he was driving and that I had my wife and son in the vehicle with me . They were shocked [ big surprise ] and guess what , he lost his acura [ mom and dad took it away - hehe ] .
--- DGP ---

hehe there is a civic around here with thoughs kind of numbers. Its pretty sick thats for sure, but I would rather have my cars.

If your car is anything like his,  You will get your ass handed to you by cars that run up to a full sec slower in the 1/4 just cause you can't get out of the whole. On the track sure that might be another issue.  And I am not the fastest car around, thats for sure. I might be able to be if I didn't have two cars. But thats not my goal. Two 11 sec daily drivers was my goal though.  Can your civic run that without slicks and race gas? I highly doubt it.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4