xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: Ps2 Vs. Xbox  (Read 303 times)

switzch

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« on: February 13, 2003, 12:03:00 PM »

My buddy has an xbox which I added a new hd, modchip, evox, and other appz.... Yesterday he was saying that if he bought a console again he would probably get ps2 instead.  I was like: whhhaaaattt??  He seemed to think that ps2 has better and more games, i on the other hand think this is totally untrue, sure ps2 has gta, but this is the only game that would appeal to me on ps2.  

Anywho, just wondering why you think xbox dominates ps2, or why ps2 is better.. share your thoughts so i can can give my buddy some good points next time his dumb ass says this.

Peace beerchug.gif

switzch

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 12:14:00 PM »

yah man..
he doensnt even like halo - never really gave it a shot.  and he hasnt really figured out splinter cell.. so go figure.  how can you like xbox if you dont like halo, i guess its possible, but i still play that game, and ive had it for like a year.
yah, ps2 has a lot of games, but i cant name more than 10 i would buy... xbox and ps2 have the same number of GOOD games.

Tripamang

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2003, 12:25:00 PM »

Xbox is atleast 2 generations beyond PS2 is design...

And now MS is paying the price, who knows maybe things will pick up...

Ace25

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2003, 12:35:00 PM »

Why argue? If your friend thinks there are more games on PS2 that he likes.. so be it.. I know many people that feel this way.. heck, I even think there are better games made for PS2 than there is for XBox, but its all the xtras that make the XBox far superior in my book.. Specs dont mean crap.. remember Atari Jaguar? By far the best console of its day.. few ok games and really expensive prices killed it.. but make no mistake, it was the lack of developers that was the #1 reason it died...

[-console-crazy-]

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 12:49:00 PM »

Reasons I hate PS2 and love my XBOX:

1)  It's made by Sony, hehe, not the best reason but it's true for me.  Sony came out of nowhere and tore the console scene up with PS1 and even beat out the N64 which I was all about.  I've been loving it that Xbox has so much going for it than the PS2

2)  If you're into modding your system, you're always having to go out and buy a new modchip, cuz better ones keep coming out.  The system's been out for a REALLY long time and there are still mods coming out for it.  As for my XBOX, I know there are new mods, but my Enighmah does it all, especially considering I can flash my BIOS with whatever BIOS I want smile.gif smile.gif

3)  HD STORAGE SPACE !!!!  What would you rather have - 10 GBs, or 137 GBs if you know how or 4 8 mb memory cards lololol...I can remember back to when I had to erase certain game data because my memory card was full, god how those days are over.  Plus, can you play divx, vcd, svcd, dvdr, and the games off the hd of the PS2 ?  Don't think so, if you haven't experienced being able to play your games off your hd, you're really missing out, it's the best experience.  Plus being able to watch movies straight from hd and not having to burn to cd is so convient.  Plus, if you're not sure of a game, you can try it first by sending to hd, and then burn it if you really want.  Can you do that with PS2?  Yea, I didn't think so.

4)  4 controller ports right in the front of the system, I hate the PS2 for it's stupid multitap accessory way to get consumers to spend more money.  Plus add to this the cost of a memory card which is absolutely essential, you have yourself a system that costs around $275 and the Xbox comes with hd built in and 4 ports already there.

5)  GAMES -  From my experience, XBOX has awesome games.  In fact, if has more games than I have time to play.  As mentioned, virtually every GOOD game, both consoles have.  If you use the argument of loner games like GTA3 or GTA:VC or FFX, then why not go out and get a GameCube while you're at it - cuz Nintendo has AWESOME first party rlses that rival any game on any console.

6)  Xbox is capable of sending out a High Definition signal and I know one game that supports this is Dead or Alive 3.  Not sure if PS2 can send out a high-def. signal.

Do you need any more reasons lol ????  blink.gif   If people want to go out and buy a PS2, good for them but from my experience with both systems, I would much rather trade the PS2 I have now for another xbox, that way I could use one to play Xbox Live and other one to do all my other stuff with  beerchug.gif

Gackt

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2003, 02:46:00 PM »

I have both systems, and I personally believe that overall, the Sony PlayStation2 is better, but both systems have their weak and strong features.

- The MS Xbox is a better system in terms of hardware, it can perform better graphics, sound, has four controller ports, a built-in hard disc drive and ethernet adapter, most important, it is easy to modify and fun. Editing save files has never been easier, emulation is something beautiful, and not needing external media sounds almost insane for a console system, still, the Xbox features all this. But, apart from this, the Xbox has many flaws, for example, like it was already stated, many games are merely computer game ports. Other thing to consider is that most of the Xbox games are simply shallow, this system will never have games such as Zone of the Enders, Final Fantasy, Grandia, Guilty Gear, in fact, it lacks of good RPG games, in other words, the Xbox lacks of japanese development companies working on games. It is clearly a system thought for the American customer, everyone here seems to love games such as Halo, or, for example, sports games, while myself, like most of the Japanese market, we completely dislike First Person Shooting games or most sports games, while we really enjoy RPG games, games with an actual storyline, games with characters that you can like, or feel related to in some way. That is the main reason why the MS Xbox is not selling many items in japan, as you can see, the only Xbox games that really sell in the Japanese market are the games developed by Japanese companies, such as Team Ninja, Sega, Smilebit, Artoon, Success, FromSoftware, RED, XPEC, and others, Xbox owners should be happy that such great development teams are making games for the system I believe that Konami is a very important factor in order to make the Xbox a better system. Still, this Japanese developers that support the Xbox are really few, and most of them also support other console, the Sony PlayStation2, so, if a game is released for both PlayStation2 and Xbox, it will set lower standard, making the Xbox deliver lower quality graphics than the ones that we can see on Xbox exclusives. So, why buy such a powerful system if you cannot take advantage of that power? I believe that is an interesting question.

I believe that it really depends on what you want to see on a system, great hardware with not too many good games, and with a lot of capacity, or, a system with many good games, but with a lower end technology.

The best choice would be to own both systems, and, concerning Nintendo GameCube, well, if someone want to play Sega Dreamcast games, people should buy a Dreamcast System.

bagel5009

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2003, 02:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (gainpresence @ Feb 13 2003, 08:34 PM)
QUOTE (busbeepbeep @ Feb 13 2003, 02:14 PM)
but I have GTA3 on my PC and I'll get VC when it is released.

Well, if you're going to use that argument, remember this:

Most Xbox games are ported PC games

Halo will be released on PC soon.

Bagel, sorry Boyfriends are only on Xbox Forums, you stupid

Fucking Queer!!

Stop saying im gay! im sick and tired of peeps saying that stupid shit

kard63

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2003, 02:55:00 PM »

Final Fantasy is the best reason I can think of.  But its not like I have time to play those anymore.

Raised

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2003, 03:10:00 PM »

RIGHT NOW, the Xbox is a better system than the PS2.However, as time passes and details are added, there are fewer and fewer doubts to mind regarding the fact that the PS3 will completely own the XBox2.
It's setting up to be on Sony's corner, the dedicated, gaming-mean-machine vs MS's "Photo editing capable", sub-PC project.  WTF are they thinking at MS..

Gackt

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2003, 04:23:00 PM »

The Sony PlayStation3, as a PlayStation Family Product, it will probably feature backwards compatibility.

Majinbuu

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2003, 04:37:00 PM »

QUOTE (Raised @ Feb 13 2003, 07:10 PM)
RIGHT NOW, the Xbox is a better system than the PS2.However, as time passes and details are added, there are fewer and fewer doubts to mind regarding the fact that the PS3 will completely own the XBox2.
It's setting up to be on Sony's corner, the dedicated, gaming-mean-machine vs MS's "Photo editing capable", sub-PC project.  WTF are they thinking at MS..

Exactly, we all know that the chance we nave right now will never come around again. When the NextBox comes around....it's not gonna be all about games, modding will be much less interesting. If M$ continues upon thier present course, we could be looking at a fucked up web-tv unit.

Buu

Rebel-Soul

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2003, 04:53:00 PM »

I am a die hard xbox fan however i do in fact like some PS2 games however it is true that japs dont like our games. However first person shooters are where its at. RPG's in my experience have been fun but not challenging. They many a time have similar story lines and are to alike to be truly their own game. The final fantasies were good but now it is too i dunno sucky.or lame. First person shooters have it all story challenge and endless fun. with no competition. they take skill and physical requirements as well. reflexes and a quick eye as well as thought and intuition. not just combos and time. and ps2 needs to come to grips that RPGs are a thing for less capable systems like SNES and and reg nintendo

jujupinto85

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

your a fucking dumass RPG"S RULE THe world. xbox just hasnt discoverd it yet but when fable comes out...(quivers with joy)

good post FPS quck ass but still your just a hampster

Raised

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2003, 04:55:00 PM »

dry.gif

(and especially on consoles)

Rebel-Soul

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2003, 04:57:00 PM »

QUOTE (jujupinto85 @ Feb 14 2003, 01:55 AM)
your a fucking dumass RPG"S RULE THe world. xbox just hasnt discoverd it yet but when fable comes out...(quivers with joy)

good post FPS quck ass but still your just a hampster

You sad strang little man fare ye well RPGs may rule your world but your time is in the past
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12