xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Ps2 Vs. Xbox  (Read 304 times)

gainpresence

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2003, 06:30:00 PM »

My understanding is that the xCPU+xGPU is more powerful than the PS2CPU+PS2GPU..

But the PS2 CPU in itself is MUCH more powerful than the xCPU.

Rebel-Soul

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2003, 06:31:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Feb 14 2003, 03:28 AM)
Do you even know what CISC or RISC means? I bet you do not. Oh, and using a search engine to find out would not be a good idea.

Even though i do have a life...compared to some. let us let then us judge the fruits of each tree then we will find out which has games that run smoother and do indeed have better graphics...do the reseach then come tell me what you find

Gackt

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2003, 06:34:00 PM »

QUOTE (Rebel-Soul @ Feb 14 2003, 02:31 AM)
Even though i do have a life...compared to some.

You are right, I do not have a life.

-smiles-

You should know what you talk about when you are actually talking, not just state a senseless and stereotypical opinion.

Rebel-Soul

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2003, 06:38:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Feb 14 2003, 03:34 AM)
QUOTE (Rebel-Soul @ Feb 14 2003, 02:31 AM)
Even though i do have a life...compared to some.

You are right, I do not have a life.

-smiles-

You should know what you talk about when you are actually talking, not just state a senseless and stereotypical opinion.

No knowledge is needed it takes a genious in your opinion to tell which console will have better graphix or running quality... however you are wrong it does not even take the ignorance  of a mere child to see which looks better. but yet you do not listen to the simplicity of a child for it is too complicated for you.

Shall i translate this to binary code?

Rebel-Soul

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2003, 06:41:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Feb 14 2003, 03:39 AM)
If anyone wants to learn a little bit about the differences between the MS Xbox's processor and the Sony PlayStation2's processor, please read this.

No, i even disagree there... if any one wants some common sense they shall see the foolishnesh of a self acclaimed genius of a man who wasted his life into books and the light of a comp screen

Rebel-Soul

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #35 on: February 13, 2003, 06:43:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Feb 14 2003, 03:41 AM)
QUOTE (Rebel-Soul @ Feb 14 2003, 02:38 AM)
No knowledge is needed it takes a genious in your opinion to tell which console will have better graphix or running quality... however you are wrong it does not even take the ignorance  of a mere child to see which looks better. but yet you do not listen to the simplicity of a child for it is too complicated for you.

Shall i translate this to binary code?

If the graphics are great, buy it!

- Rebel-Soul's campaign to promote the MS Xbox System.

Welcome to the Darkside!

KazuyaWaruasobi

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #36 on: February 13, 2003, 06:48:00 PM »

Another thread where Rebel-Soul is showing his ignorance. You also seemincapable or considering the fact theat the PS2 came out YEARS before the Xbox. . . .

switzch

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #37 on: February 13, 2003, 06:50:00 PM »

so Gackt, given the option of having either an xbox, or ps2.. from what i read you would pick ps2 cause it has more games, specificly more games that have more character development like in rpg's... am i right here?

jujupinto85

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2003, 06:53:00 PM »

Hampsters can get annoying at times

but i need some help in my thesis thread

~though the intellect comethe, the wisdom do not dwelleth~

jujupinto85

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2003, 06:58:00 PM »

HERE IS MY OPINION

FIRST

PS2 HAS A LOT OF GOOD GAMES

ps2 has a lot of shitty games

ps2 is not a good hacking system

ps2 has good graphics (very nice)

xbox has not so many games

xbox has a few good games

xbox has a lot of shitty games

xbox is a great hacking system

xbox w/ a mod is very funn and exciciting

xbox is more of a hacker system for those who want the most out of it

thesis

why should those flame ps2 when one could just get an xbox?

OR

why should those flame ps2 when they have no idea what they are talkign about.

gainpresence

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2003, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE (Gackt @ Feb 13 2003, 08:43 PM)
sorry. 1+1 is not 2.

I believe the saying is "2 and 2 do not equal 4" if you happen to be referring to "1984".

Gackt

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2003, 07:57:00 PM »

Not really, I was just referring to the fact that a processor having more  Megahertz does not mean that it has better performance.

Trancer

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2003, 08:41:00 PM »

ummm hate to say it Gackt but you sound like a PS2 lover and you can't quite admit that compared to the xbox it is a better performing console. The specs say it all really. So I don't quite understand what the hell your on about. The xbox performs better than the PS2. You dont really need to read all the shit to see that. You just gotta compare games! Damn come on man... surely you can see that.

But really... who gives a fuck. How many times have you heard this agruement.

You buy whatever console has the games you wanna play. End of story really.

Ace25

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2003, 10:33:00 PM »

biggrin.gif

Mage

• Archived User
Ps2 Vs. Xbox
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2003, 10:51:00 PM »

If anything thinks the xbox arch is more advanced than the ps2...they're smoking crack.
However, the r5900 (ps2 main processor) isn't 128-bit.  It's 64-bit, conforms to MIPS-III, and partly to MIPS-IV.
The bus is indeed 128-bit, but that doesn't make the chip itself 128-bit.  The two vector units are 32-bit with a 128-bit bus.  The IOP is your psx processor that does all input/output related functions.  The only problem is the arch is a little too complex to many developers.  Sony didn't do a great job on their docs for it, so having to learn all the VPU/GIF/IPU/SIF on your own made development hell.  Thats where I think the xbox has one up on the ps2, the XDK being mostly about examples and includes a framework.  I could go on about the archs for awhile, but it is mostly pointless.

Also, anyone who thinks of the p3/p4 itself as a CISC chip need to learn about modern processor design.  Only the ISA is cisc.  All instructions get converted to micro-ops, and from there on it is hard to tell what type of chip it would be.  

If it was an r12k in the ps2, the story might be a little different about which is better, since the r5900 is only 2-way superscalar.

From the technical standpoint, I like the ps2 arch more, and I cannot wait to see how they design the ps3.  From the practical standpoint, it is far simpler to crank out code for the xbox.  Too bad there aren't any great rpgs out for it yet...

(And to anyone who thinks FPS are where it's at, why are you playing on an xbox, your selection is so few, and not as much competition compared to playing on the computer.)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12