xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Jtag Kinect Update  (Read 356 times)

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 12:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 2 2011, 11:38 AM) *

Try copying $systemupdate to the root of the HDD, and no that's not where the update is stored. Use the official Microsoft update.

Go into the Kinect Dash, go to to the "Welcome" menu and select the "XBox 360 Tutorials" tab; do you see a girl in a yellow dress waving?

Can that be done with FTP?
If So:
If I open up FlashFXP I see
Parent Directory
Flash
Game
Hdd1
Hddx
SysExt
Is this is where I should put the $systemupdate folder?

In Hdd1 there is a $systemupdate folder with 1 file in it. I can't put the files in there?

Right now If I go to the welcome screen then xbox 360 Tutorials  the girls waves for the first few seconds and then keeps on looking arond winking at me. LOL

Thanks again and again

This post has been edited by timmyinnis: Mar 2 2011, 08:13 PM

tk_saturn

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 12:34:00 PM »

QUOTE(timmyinnis @ Mar 2 2011, 07:08 PM) View Post
there is a $systemupdate folder with 1 file in it. I can't put the files in there?

Right now If I go to the welcome screen then xbox 360 Tutorials  the girls waves for the first few seconds and then keeps on looking arond winking at me. LOL

You've alreadly got the Kinect update installed, the girl waving 'Avatar' welcome screen is part of that update and automatically starts after the update is performed.

Try going into system settings, goto your HDD and clear any system updates. Then delete the $systemupdate folder from the HDD1, and copy over the one downloaded from Microsoft which should be 80MB+.

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 12:38:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 2 2011, 01:34 PM) View Post

You've alreadly got the Kinect update installed, the girl waving 'Avatar' welcome screen is part of that update and automatically starts after the update is performed.

Try going into system settings, goto your HDD and clear any system updates. Then delete the $systemupdate folder from the HDD1, and copy over the one downloaded from Microsoft which should be 80MB+.

You mean the "clear systen cache"?

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 01:17:00 PM »

I did the "clear system cache" went into the HDD1 and the $systemupdate folder was gone. I coppied over the other $systemupdate folder and still nothing.

I am lost still

tk_saturn

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 01:57:00 PM »

Ok, try this:

Remove the HDD from the console. Get a 2GB+ USB stick and format it to FAT32. Insert stick into console and goto memory settings, select the memmory stick and customize the USB storage so the console uses 1GB or more. Insert the stick into the PC and copy the $systemupdate folder to the root of the drive. Within the $systemupdate folder make sure you have all the files:
CODE
BiometricSetup.xex
Dash.AttractionScreen.xex
dash.ExtraAVCodecs.xex
Dash.FieldCalibration.lex
dash.firstuse.xex
Dash.MP.Offline.lex
dash.natalpregame.xex
dash.NuiFirstUse.xex
dash.nuihub.xex
Dash.NuiTroubleshooter.lex
dashnui.xex
FFFE07DF00000001
FFFE07DF00000002
FFFE07DF00000006
FFFE07DF00000008
Guide.AvatarMiniCreator.xex
Guide.NuiTroubleshooter.xex
livepack.xex
mediasite.xzp
natalsu.xex
nuihud.xex
su20076000_00000000
system.manifest
Xam.Community.xex
Xam.LiveMessenger.xex
Xam.WordRegister.xex
XimeDic.xex
XimeDicCh.xex
ximedicex.xex
Xna_TitleLauncher.xex

Those files should be directly in the $systemupdate folder, and not in any sub-directories.

Then plug the stick into the console and restart the console. It should ask to perform the update when it powers on. Then see if Kinect works.

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 02:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 2 2011, 02:57 PM) View Post

Ok, try this:

Remove the HDD from the console. Get a 2GB+ USB stick and format it to FAT32. Insert stick into console and goto memory settings, select the memmory stick and customize the USB storage so the console uses 1GB or more. Insert the stick into the PC and copy the $systemupdate folder to the root of the drive. Within the $systemupdate folder make sure you have all the files:
CODE
BiometricSetup.xex
Dash.AttractionScreen.xex
dash.ExtraAVCodecs.xex
Dash.FieldCalibration.lex
dash.firstuse.xex
Dash.MP.Offline.lex
dash.natalpregame.xex
dash.NuiFirstUse.xex
dash.nuihub.xex
Dash.NuiTroubleshooter.lex
dashnui.xex
FFFE07DF00000001
FFFE07DF00000002
FFFE07DF00000006
FFFE07DF00000008
Guide.AvatarMiniCreator.xex
Guide.NuiTroubleshooter.xex
livepack.xex
mediasite.xzp
natalsu.xex
nuihud.xex
su20076000_00000000
system.manifest
Xam.Community.xex
Xam.LiveMessenger.xex
Xam.WordRegister.xex
XimeDic.xex
XimeDicCh.xex
ximedicex.xex
Xna_TitleLauncher.xex

Those files should be directly in the $systemupdate folder, and not in any sub-directories.

Then plug the stick into the console and restart the console. It should ask to perform the update when it powers on. Then see if Kinect works.

OK I think im getting somewhere now it says update required. to proceed security and program updates are required blah blah blah. etc etc  do you want to accept the update.

So I did the update, checked the dashboard version and it still was the 12611 so i powered it off removed the flash drive, put in the hard drive put in the kinect then powered it on and
it still asks me "update required"

tk_saturn

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2011, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(timmyinnis @ Mar 2 2011, 09:22 PM) View Post

So I did the update, checked the dashboard version and it still was the 12611 so i powered it off removed the flash drive, put in the hard drive put in the kinect then powered it on and
it still asks me "update required"

It's not going to work like that, it installed the update to teh flash drive. Remove the HDD, insert the same flash drive you used to perfrom the update, power on the console and see if you are able to use Kinect.

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2011, 02:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 2 2011, 03:45 PM) View Post

It's not going to work like that, it installed the update to teh flash drive. Remove the HDD, insert the same flash drive you used to perfrom the update, power on the console and see if you are able to use Kinect.

Ok, removed the hard drive put back in the thumb drive and kinect powered it on  but it has the same message "update required"

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2011, 03:03:00 PM »

Don't know if this will help but I have another xbox that i bought new never been on xbox live that has been firmware flashed for the last year to 1-1/2 years since new. I bought this kinect a few months ago and have been using the kinect on that system. (I think I  applied the update to that one. I did not know any better)

Either way if I did or did not it works on that xbox and the dashboard version says 12416?
Why? shouldn't it say 12611?

just thought i would throw that in too.

darksunx

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2011, 03:25:00 PM »

Hi,

I've bought Kinect today and I have the same problem as timmyinnis has.
I bought a JTAGged xbox in december and updated it myself to FreeBOOT dash 12611. I've also applied the avatar update from the official SystemUpdate in order to make avatars work. I did that in December and since then everything worked great.

After I bought a Kinect and plugged it in, each time I start xbox it asks me to perform an update for it. I decline an update and Kinect simply won't work (Kinect Tuner tells me update is required).

I did all you suggested in this topic and nothing worked yet. It never lets me install the SystemUpdate12611 (avatar update), because it detects it's already installed. I can see the winking yellow girl in the welcome screen as well, so I have really no idea what it needs to update.

What I thought at first is that it may be a new Kinect hardware that doesn't work the same way as the old ones did back in november/december.

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2011, 03:33:00 PM »

QUOTE(darksunx @ Mar 2 2011, 04:25 PM) View Post

Hi,

I've bought Kinect today and I have the same problem as timmyinnis has.
I bought a JTAGged xbox in december and updated it myself to FreeBOOT dash 12611. I've also applied the avatar update from the official SystemUpdate in order to make avatars work. I did that in December and since then everything worked great.

After I bought a Kinect and plugged it in, each time I start xbox it asks me to perform an update for it. I decline an update and Kinect simply won't work (Kinect Tuner tells me update is required).

I did all you suggested in this topic and nothing worked yet. It never lets me install the SystemUpdate12611 (avatar update), because it detects it's already installed. I can see the winking yellow girl in the welcome screen as well, so I have really no idea what it needs to update.

What I thought at first is that it may be a new Kinect hardware that doesn't work the same way as the old ones did back in november/december.

Paper rock scissors.
Go now!
Paper covers rock.
I win!!!
Accept the update and let me know what happens.  biggrin.gif

tk_saturn

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2011, 03:51:00 PM »

Provided you have no disc inserted and you've removed the ethernet cable it should be fine to accept the update.

On all of my consoles, even after applying the avatar update it will still give an update required message after signing in to any profile. However it's not actually an update nor does it download anything, you're simply agreeing to Microsoft 's terms for it to be able to go on Live.

If in doubt, make sure U6T1/2 is bridged.

12416 = Beta Dashboard. It takes time to manufacture and distribute devices/ games, atleast 2 months. So they had to package the first wave of Kinect games/ Kinect with a beta Kinect dashboard.

darksunx

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2011, 03:52:00 PM »

It may be good to add that when I try to go to Kinect Tuner in Console Settings I get a message:

"The Kinect Sensor needs an update. To get the update, restart your console. If the problem persists, unplug your sensor and visit www.xbox.com/support."

It doesn't say anything about a SystemUpdate it wants to perform, but a Kinect Sensor update which is weird. Noone had the same message showing up before?

timmyinnis

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2011, 04:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(tk_saturn @ Mar 2 2011, 04:51 PM) View Post

Provided you have no disc inserted and you've removed the ethernet cable it should be fine to accept the update.

On all of my consoles, even after applying the avatar update it will still give an update required message after signing in to any profile. However it's not actually an update nor does it download anything, you're simply agreeing to Microsoft 's terms for it to be able to go on Live.

If in doubt, make sure U6T1/2 is bridged.

12416 = Beta Dashboard. It takes time to manufacture and distribute devices/ games, atleast 2 months. So they had to package the first wave of Kinect games/ Kinect with a beta Kinect dashboard.

I was told that R6t3 Bridged.

I asume thats the same thing?

So I should give it a try?
If so with the flash drive only or with the hard drive installed?

tk_saturn

• Archived User
Jtag Kinect Update
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2011, 04:10:00 PM »

If that's what he's said, then he's bridged U6T1/2. The worst thing that can happen is you'll need to reflash the console. If you're worried, you can always make a backup though Xellous.

Doesn't matter which storage device, it just sets a flag in the NAND that you've agreed to the 'update'. If you build another freeboot image and flash, that flag will no longer be present and so it will ask again.

This post has been edited by tk_saturn: Mar 3 2011, 12:13 AM
Pages: 1 [2] 3