xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18

Author Topic: Project Wetbox Wip  (Read 4653 times)

Cyclone268

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2005, 07:57:00 AM »

Looks like 1 hell of an awesome mod project!! Sorry about all those problems your havin.. if u need ANY help with ANYTHING just let me know.. and ill do my best.

P.S. Ur Grandpa Pwns!!

Oliver

devilmaycry666

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2005, 08:16:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

snow rider221

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2005, 08:27:00 AM »

how much is diamond plate usually for like a 1' by 1' piece??

devilmaycry666

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2005, 11:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(snow rider221 @ Oct 14 2005, 11:38 AM)

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »

If anyone wants I'll post pictures, but only if people want me to and its alright with haloloser.

1.  anyone is welcome to post any pictures they want in this thread  (please use discression).  if you are going to post pictures i would please ask you to resize them to 640x480 pixels, and in your case if they are going to be graphic i would incourage you to make them even half that size.  i dont mind, but it seems that some members of the community are offended by those type pictures.

2.  i called all around town and  got different prices everywhere i called.  if you are going to get diamond plate, you probably want to go with aluminum.  chances are unless you are going to paint it, you will probably have to take steal to the chromers to get a nice finish.  you can also buy sheets that small at lowe's, but they are pretty expensive.  try calling your metal fab places, as well ash sheet metal and aluminum venders.

HOLY CRAP!  the cheepest i could  get a piece that big was $75

P.S. Ur Grandpa Pwns!!

you have no idea.  that guy can build anything, im not kidding.  i dont know if any of you would remember this, but he invented the colman garden plow.

i really appreciate all the support.  im about to go, and  try to get some stuff done.  ill probably have pics this afternoon.

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2005, 08:22:00 PM »

so today i just focused on getting the fan ready for reassembly, and getting the radiator mounted.  (a minor miscaluculation brought the project to a screeching hault for tonight).

user posted image
i removed the sticker.

user posted image
i taped that beast up, and painted it.

user posted image
in the mean time i made a black sticker out of electrical tape.  i think it looks a heck of alot better.

user posted image
all done.

user posted image
dont forget to lubricate your blade children.  it actually recomended using this in the book.  i thought it was helarious.

user posted image
almost finished.  all we need now is the barb holes

user posted image
and test mounted.  it looks a little crooked because only the bottum is screwed in.  now... the rad is supposed to be flush with the right side, not the left.  this puts the bard from the waterblock and the barb from the rad just out of line enough to throw the entire project off.  now i have to complete reconstruct another back i/o plate.  i started to make the cuts for it tonight, but i got too frustrated and started rushing.  i had to quit before i ruined something.

-haloloser-

b15ginz

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »

75 bucks for diamond plate? where do u shop? goto lowes. hardwar, its about 30-50 bucks for a nice slabe of it.

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2005, 11:12:00 PM »

you actually pay about 40 dollars for a sheet thats about 1 1/2' by 2'.  i payed 40 dollars for a 3x3' piece.  i meant that a sheet 4'x8' would cost about 75 dollars.  that was a cheap as i could get it in town.

snow rider221

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »

wow looking good!!!

it keeps getting better every post!! I decided not to post my pictures after taking another look at them, there pretty graphic. haha oh well at least were both better and back modding!

eminvil_12

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2005, 03:46:00 AM »

yeh i am loving this thread.

by the way haloloser are you  australian???

haloloser

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2005, 05:16:00 AM »

snow:  thanks for putting thought in before you posted them.  like i said, i really dont mind, its just some of the members arent to keen on those kind of pics.  i normally can handle stuff like that, but i guess because i had to go through it, the pics really didnt bother me.

eminvil: im from south georgia.  im about 3 1/2 hurs south east of atlanta, and 1 1/2 hours north of valdosta in a small town called albany georgia.  its great to have support form all the member, but especially when the older members get behind me.  thanks.

umm, i guess i was up about 3 hours ago trying to figure out how i was going to fix the back panel, and now im up getting ready for a visitation.  i decided to give it one last look, and figured out what i was going to do.  it was definately a God thing because now i dont have to reconstruct the back panel.  i have to orders some parts and stuff soon.  next time i work on it i should have some pretty neat stuff finished.

-haloloser-

jameschatz

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2005, 06:51:00 AM »

biggrin.gif

devilmaycry666

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #132 on: October 16, 2005, 04:08:00 AM »

QUOTE(haloloser @ Oct 14 2005, 02:57 PM)
HOLY CRAP!  the cheepest i could  get a piece that big was $75

devilmaycry666

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #133 on: October 16, 2005, 04:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(haloloser @ Oct 14 2005, 11:33 PM)

eminvil_12

• Archived User
Project Wetbox Wip
« Reply #134 on: October 16, 2005, 04:14:00 AM »

tongue.gif

Seriously its really good stuff, though i wouldnt use it in your fro because well i dont know. But you could give some of us members a laugh  tongue.gif
user posted image

PS: Cant wait for a few more updates. tongue.gif ph34r.gif

cheers mate
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 18