xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot  (Read 677 times)

karak

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #30 on: May 19, 2010, 10:51:00 PM »

Ok this did work and it worked well. However, due to its ease and its general audience I think the directions should be a bit more thought out. There are 2 steps not even included and sort of just taken for granted. Once you do them, it works like a charm but it was a bitch to figure out what I was missing. Because from the looks of it I had done everything.
That being said. This was easy, kept my settings and did everything that I wanted. Thank you as this, despite some time wasted, really helped a great deal.

This post has been edited by karak: May 20 2010, 05:52 AM

theguru1

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2010, 04:35:00 AM »

i took the plunge and it worked a treat thanks

risky buisness

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #32 on: May 20, 2010, 05:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(karak @ May 20 2010, 05:51 AM) View Post

Ok this did work and it worked well. However, due to its ease and its general audience I think the directions should be a bit more thought out. There are 2 steps not even included and sort of just taken for granted. Once you do them, it works like a charm but it was a bitch to figure out what I was missing. Because from the looks of it I had done everything.
That being said. This was easy, kept my settings and did everything that I wanted. Thank you as this, despite some time wasted, really helped a great deal.

can u include the two steps that u did thats not in the directions lol. Going to do this over the weekend and that would be a big help!

Nailed

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #33 on: May 20, 2010, 06:26:00 AM »

QUOTE(scuba156 @ May 20 2010, 12:24 AM) View Post

Dont ever flash freeboot using Flash360, always use Xellous. Flash360 has some issues remapping bad blocks with Freeboot, and causes the console to fail to boot

Good to know!  Luckily I don't have any bad blocks, but take heed anyone who does.

iceman2048

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

Tried it twice, both times were unsuccessful on my falcon. I'm not 100% sure, but it seems to be some sort of error message in the first cmd window but it closes immediateley without letting me read it.

I flashed the image anyway using xellous and had only a solid green center light and black screen. Tried it twice in Win7, once in compatibility mode with xp sp3 and once without. Both times were unsuccessful.

I ended up compiling it by hand, followed a tut I found somewhere (if I find it again, I'll post it). Wasn't difficult at all, I was scared for no reason:)

karak

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #35 on: May 20, 2010, 05:11:00 PM »

QUOTE(risky buisness @ May 20 2010, 12:15 PM) View Post

can u include the two steps that u did thats not in the directions lol. Going to do this over the weekend and that would be a big help!

Most likely it is just the instructions being a bit grouped together but, and I want to make sure this is known, I could have done something wrong but it only worked when I did this.

Directions for use :

First make a backup of your nand in flash 360 onto your memory stick.
Then move the nand backup over to your pc.
Browse for the nand directory and the program will automatically copy it over to the right
directory for you.
Then enter your CPU Key into the program and dump the necessary files.
This means click extract kv.bin etc...button)

You will then have to get your CB0 Key by opening up your nand in a hex editor.(ALSO pick your motherboard type)

After you have done this you may now create your nand with the following steps:
Directions here should be-
Hit Copy Extracted KV.bin etc button
Hit Copy CBO button
Hit Create Nand button

After the nand making process is complete, flash the file "updflash.bin" found in the bin
folder (the folder that the app opens when the nand making is complete)

This actually seems to create an image.bin and doesn't seem to open the folder

with flash360 using a flash drive.(This hashed my system so I used Xellous which worked, not sure why cause I have no bad blocks.
If you get an error about a bad kv then your Cpu key is probably incorrect or you are trying to flash with the wrong nand.

You should now have FreeBOOT !

Anyway those are what I did. If anyone sees an extra step sorry. But the system works excellent it really does. But only if you hit the right buttons and due to this being for us newbies it should/needs every step described.

AlabamaHit

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #36 on: May 20, 2010, 05:25:00 PM »

Is this going to do like mine did before.?

I installed freeboot on 2 Jtags with XBR on them.

1 of them had a 6* Original Nand
1 of them had an XBR3 Nand

BOTH booted and played for couple hours and BOOM E79.

Wait few hours and woulsd play again.

THis is on 2 boxes so no it is not an equipment failure.

Just wondering if this is going to do the same....

PLEASE REPLY in Private message...I doubt I will be able to find this post again.

Inuyasha152

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2010, 11:43:00 AM »

An updated version is being released tonight according to the creator.

Link

b1gg13

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #38 on: May 23, 2010, 10:29:00 AM »

When i ran flash360 it said something about the file not being a zeropaired file. I stopped there since I did not know if this was normal. My question is, is this normal or did I do something wrong? Should I continue past the warning?

EDIT: when I open my original dump in a hex editor it does say zeropair image, Version=00, CB0=1921

This post has been edited by b1gg13: May 23 2010, 05:32 PM

notrain

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #39 on: May 23, 2010, 11:50:00 AM »

I successfully updated my XBR3 Xenon 1921CB0 Box to Freeboot with this.

I used Win 7 x64 and a current XBR3 dump from my console (aquired with Flash360).

Small Tutorial:

Dump your current NAND with Flash360 on a USB Stick.

You can aquire your CPU Key and CB0 info with 360 Flash Tool by modfreakz. Just open your
flashdump.bin you got from Flash360 in 360 Flash Tool. No need for a hexeditor. Write all that down
and keep it somewhere safe or at least keep several backups of flashdump.bin.

Once you have your flashdump.bin loaded in the app and your CPUkey, Boardversion (Xenon, Jasper, etc) + CB0 correctly selected, hit the buttons from top to bottom.

After hitting the last button a folder window opens. There you select the updflash.bin and copy that to your usbstick where you also have Flash360.

Now, before you do anything, I'd advise you to compare your flashdump.bin (thats your XBR3 dump) with your updflash.bin. To do this, open both in 360 Flash Tool and look in the columns.
The left column (Bootloader) should be the same until "6BL". Your updflash should say 9199 there.
The right column (keyvault) MUST BE exactly the same for both dumps. If 360 Flash Tool reports any errors in the keyvault column for your updflash.bin DO NOT FLASH THE IMAGE ON YOUR CONSOLE.

After you checked your updflash.bin stick the USB Stick into the console, boot it, start Flash360 from Xexmenu.
Then select to update your onboard NAND (Button A).
Then select to flash the entire NAND including the config area (Button cool.gif [this is why you double checked your updflash.bin before]
If Flash360 throws up any error messages after pressing B, be safe and don't flash but rather go back to your PC and recheck everything and redo the whole procedure.
Normally Flash360 will just compare the keyvaults and ask you to start the flashing procedure by pushing A.
After you started the flash procedure, do not do anything with your console or with your controller that could interrupt the flasher.
Once it is done, press any button, press BACK and press BACK again to shutdown the console automatically.
After the console powered itself off, remove the Powerplug from the wall socket for a minute.
The reboot your console, if all went well you should be greeted by the initial setup screen.

Good Luck.

b1gg13

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #40 on: May 23, 2010, 05:59:00 PM »

This did work for me ... I didnt use Flash360 to flash it I booted with the eject button and it updated. I had to download the Systemupdate_9199.zip from MS and update with that afterwards so the avatars would work.

tbb033

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »

Worked great on my Falcon using xellous to flash it. Thanks.

THEDOCTOR9999992009

• Archived User
Easy XBR3 To FreeBoot
« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2010, 08:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(notrain @ May 23 2010, 06:50 PM) View Post

I successfully updated my XBR3 Xenon 1921CB0 Box to Freeboot with this.

I used Win 7 x64 and a current XBR3 dump from my console (aquired with Flash360).

Small Tutorial:

Dump your current NAND with Flash360 on a USB Stick.

You can aquire your CPU Key and CB0 info with 360 Flash Tool by modfreakz. Just open your
flashdump.bin you got from Flash360 in 360 Flash Tool. No need for a hexeditor. Write all that down
and keep it somewhere safe or at least keep several backups of flashdump.bin.

Once you have your flashdump.bin loaded in the app and your CPUkey, Boardversion (Xenon, Jasper, etc) + CB0 correctly selected, hit the buttons from top to bottom.

After hitting the last button a folder window opens. There you select the updflash.bin and copy that to your usbstick where you also have Flash360.

Now, before you do anything, I'd advise you to compare your flashdump.bin (thats your XBR3 dump) with your updflash.bin. To do this, open both in 360 Flash Tool and look in the columns.
The left column (Bootloader) should be the same until "6BL". Your updflash should say 9199 there.
The right column (keyvault) MUST BE exactly the same for both dumps. If 360 Flash Tool reports any errors in the keyvault column for your updflash.bin DO NOT FLASH THE IMAGE ON YOUR CONSOLE.

After you checked your updflash.bin stick the USB Stick into the console, boot it, start Flash360 from Xexmenu.
Then select to update your onboard NAND (Button A).
Then select to flash the entire NAND including the config area (Button cool.gif [this is why you double checked your updflash.bin before]
If Flash360 throws up any error messages after pressing B, be safe and don't flash but rather go back to your PC and recheck everything and redo the whole procedure.
Normally Flash360 will just compare the keyvaults and ask you to start the flashing procedure by pushing A.
After you started the flash procedure, do not do anything with your console or with your controller that could interrupt the flasher.
Once it is done, press any button, press BACK and press BACK again to shutdown the console automatically.
After the console powered itself off, remove the Powerplug from the wall socket for a minute.
The reboot your console, if all went well you should be greeted by the initial setup screen.

Good Luck.

I seem to be having a issue with updating mine to freeboot i updated to the latest xbr3 when it was released and have been playing on it for months now without any issues at all with the console but i thought it was about time i updated to freeboot for usb support,It is just that my flashdumps i keep getting off flash360 keep saying badkv/key when ran through 360 flash tool and 360 cpu key finder and i have also tried all the boot methods to get into xell and nothing.
I also have spent some time reading up aswell and it sounds like i might need to open the machine and use nandpro to write my nand back to the machine.
So what do you guys think ? any help would be greatly appreciated just so i know what direction to take next
Pages: 1 2 [3]