xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Xbox 360 Pre-nxe Dvd Flash  (Read 111 times)

NoseBreaker

• Archived User
Xbox 360 Pre-nxe Dvd Flash
« on: May 19, 2010, 06:17:00 PM »

There's no point in flashing with ixtreme as every game from the last 9+ months will update the console (yes update kernel)

JTAG it yourself or find someone who can do it for you, $70 for a JTAGable xbox is a bargain

Also if your xbox is old which I'd guess with prenxe dash, do precautions for RRoDs

Starkillercg

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 09:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(NoseBreaker @ May 19 2010, 05:17 PM) View Post

There's no point in flashing with ixtreme as every game from the last 9+ months will update the console (yes update kernel)

JTAG it yourself or find someone who can do it for you, $70 for a JTAGable xbox is a bargain

Also if your xbox is old which I'd guess with prenxe dash, do precautions for RRoDs

so if i update the xbox it will update the kernel uhmmm......but if i decide not to jtag the console and update it can i still flash the DVD and play my own backups?

i am already taking care of this xbox so i wont get the 3RROD i dont want that to happen  laugh.gif i upgrade the fans install an extra 1 behind the cpu heatsync pushing air through the back plus its going to be standing  on 1 of those laptops fans pushing air through the bottom.

omega232

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 03:32:00 AM »

If you have a console capable of being jtag'd - why wouldn't you?

You could at least sell it and make a tidy profit and buy a newer console to put LT on.