xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 1hdd Only, 1 Unmodded Live, 1 Banned But Not On Live With Full Hdd Fun  (Read 97 times)

tommyam

• Archived User

OK, so I popped in my retail games, downloaded the game updates/patches to my ONE Hard drive that i share between both the online and full hdd functionality banned offline box (but never officially banned just checked via repair site and got the banned error) when I move the hdd to my offline banned 360 the patched games don't seem to be patched! forza has a new shifting animation and the offline box with the same hdd that the live patch was downloaded to is not working! no animations!

What is going on here? shouldn't patching games to the one hdd work on both 36's online or off?

thx!

ferrari 360

• Archived User
1hdd Only, 1 Unmodded Live, 1 Banned But Not On Live With Full Hdd Fun
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 11:57:00 AM »

I think most things you download are tied to the console, so it will only work on console it was downloaded to. Say you download maps for a game and then copy it to a friends system it won't work.

QUOTE(tommyam @ Dec 4 2009, 11:57 AM) View Post

OK, so I popped in my retail games, downloaded the game updates/patches to my ONE Hard drive that i share between both the online and full hdd functionality banned offline box (but never officially banned just checked via repair site and got the banned error) when I move the hdd to my offline banned 360 the patched games don't seem to be patched! forza has a new shifting animation and the offline box with the same hdd that the live patch was downloaded to is not working! no animations!

What is going on here? shouldn't patching games to the one hdd work on both 36's online or off?

thx!

tommyam

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 04:00:00 PM »

well it doesn't make all that much sense, i bought a arcade game and it works on both 360's (1 online, 1 offline and banned, same gt, same hdd) so why wouldn't a patch work? hmmmm....

tommyam

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 11:08:00 AM »

ok, from what I gather from other threads, u need xplorer360 or xport to add the proper update in the proper partition BUT since I share the hdd, isn't the update n the proper partition already and shouldn't both systems share this info since it's only 1 hdd and 1 gamertag being used?

thx!