xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29

Author Topic: Recent Xbox 360 Bans  (Read 4355 times)

-DeToX-

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« on: October 15, 2009, 10:14:00 PM »

After coming home from school, decided to play some games. I popped in my disc, and played for a bit, then was hungry and decided to get a snack. Turned off my Xbox for 5 minutes.. Came back to a ban message. Console ban that is. It stated I was banned, and they could not give any additional information. I thought oh well.

Later that day, I found other people had been banned too. Xbox Tech Support could not give you a reason as to why, so we thought about similarities. All of us had touched our account files, and had been punished for doing so, by being gamerscore banned/reset in the past, even if it had been months before.

Not 100% sure, but that was a similarity amongst all of us found. We were all banned around the same time.

It's about time Microsoft started handing out some proper punishments. I always saw a gamerscore reset as a good laugh because the person who modded their profile in the first place which caused Microsoft to reset their gamerscore, probably means they have a backup of their gamertag on their computer with all the gamerscore, so you could easily put that file back, and doing that roughly, to get all your gamerscore back, as I've seen. I'm honestly glad people who do stupid things like profile edits get punished, I decided to try this one thing online, knowing the risks, and got exactly what was coming to me.

Anyone else get banned for anything like this on October 16th around 4 PM [EST]-ish?

This post has been edited by -DeToX-: Oct 16 2009, 05:14 AM

old engineer

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 08:18:00 AM »

QUOTE(-DeToX- @ Oct 16 2009, 05:14 AM) *

All of us had touched our account files

Purely asking as a warning to other's who may want to avoid getting banned...What exactly did you do to get banned?

BoNg420

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(old engineer @ Oct 16 2009, 10:18 AM) View Post

Purely asking as a warning to other's who may want to avoid getting banned...What exactly did you do to get banned?

Think he is saying they waste their time hacking gamerscore.

Notice the word achievements, achieve it yourself.

-DeToX-

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

QUOTE(BoNg420 @ Oct 16 2009, 01:05 PM) View Post

Think he is saying they waste their time hacking gamerscore.

Notice the word achievements, achieve it yourself.

I did not do anything for my profile for gamerscore. To me gamerscore isn't anything. Others who got banned did hack gamerscore however..

But some kid made Halo 3 ODST show up in his games list a while back if you remember. I decided to give it a shot for fun, just to see how the guy could've possibly did it. Then I got gamerscore reset. And now, banned.

garageink

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 04:19:00 PM »

I got this email right after I got banned:
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:41:39 -0700
Subject: Notification of Enforcement Action

Xbox LIVE

Notification of Permanent Suspension: Pre-release title play

[ DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored. ]

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to illegitimate pre-release title play.

Your conduct was brought to the attention of the LIVE Enforcement Team through the course of our operation of the service. The LIVE Enforcement Team has reviewed the complaints and other evidence regarding this content and determined it violates the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and/or Code of Conduct. Because your conduct is in violation, the Xbox LIVE Enforcement Team has enacted this permanent suspension against your gamertag.

During your suspension, you will not be able to log into Xbox LIVE. Your Xbox LIVE privileges will not be reinstated.

Customer Support is not able to modify or provide any further details about your suspension.

Microsoft expects that all customers abide by the Code of Conduct. The Code of Conduct provides guidelines for appropriate behavior while using the service.

You can view the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct from the Xbox LIVE Dashboard under Xbox LIVE Policies in Account Management, or by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/codeofconduct.htm. You can view the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use by visiting http://www.xbox.com/live/termsofuse.htm.

Note: if you are not a user of Xbox LIVE, this suspension may have been enacted due to your activity in the Zune Social. You can view the Zune Social Code of Conduct by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/codeOfConduct.htm. You can view the Zune Social Terms of Service by visiting http://www.zune.net/legal/termsofservice.htm.

Thank you,

LIVE Enforcement Team

I got banned last year in the big ban wave after saints row 2. I've never hacked my gamescore.

This post has been edited by garageink: Oct 16 2009, 11:19 PM

-DeToX-

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »

Yeah. Yesterday people were console banned for account editting.

Today, for playing games early. They went in alphabetical order and banned everyone in the list that played Forza 3.

Emails say the ban is permanent, however, it is not.

Almost everyone who reported to be banned said their Xbox specified it was a 1 day ban, except one person I know, it was a two week ban for him.

Edit: Apparently you get banned for playing Forza online early too.

Also I don't remember playing pre-release games early being in the ToS.. Who's to say some people didn't buy the game, because a retailer error like their was in Halo 3 ODST's release? Who said the copies are illegitimate? They're banning people for a rule that I don't see in the Xbox 360 ToS.

This post has been edited by -DeToX-: Oct 16 2009, 11:30 PM

wes302

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 05:01:00 PM »

just had same thing happen. says i can log back in to live on 10 17 09

Tural

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 05:36:00 PM »

Now seeing 12/31/9999 for the date.
Kinda messed up that there's no rule against playing pre-release games in the ToS or CoC, and yet they're giving out permanent bans for it.

hypersonicx

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2009, 06:00:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tural @ Oct 16 2009, 06:36 PM) View Post

Now seeing 12/31/9999 for the date.
Kinda messed up that there's no rule against playing pre-release games in the ToS or CoC, and yet they're giving out permanent bans for it.

the same thing just happend to me. and it also sas banned till 9999. So my question is, am I really banned that long? or is it a temporary ban?

If im banned permanently ima be pissed for as I had a lot of live arcade games tied to that gamertag that I dont have access to now. all my arcade games show up as demos when played offline. If i am banned forever ima have to migrate to sony system next.

wes302

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #9 on: October 16, 2009, 06:39:00 PM »

now i am banned till 9999 also

funksoulbrother

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #10 on: October 16, 2009, 08:08:00 PM »

This is from the Director of Policy and Enforcement for Xbox LIVE's Twitter page: -

Don't worry folks, anyone who bought a copy early is ok. In general, if you got a receipt, play away. These are illegit copies we're hitting

If that's true, then expect the bans to be permanent as they're not banning legit owners of the game who managed to get an early copy, just people playing pirated copies.

vokal4

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2009, 08:56:00 PM »

MS knows what they're doing every time they do a ban. I'm sure that virtually everyone banned had it coming to them. Most likely from playing an illegally burned copy of Forza 3 prior to it officially hitting the street. If you're going to post here saying something along the lines of "who are they to judge whether or not i work at gamestop and got a game early" then you're wasting your time. Xbox-Scene.com has posted on its main page numerous times that there's several things MS can check for that will identify a legit copy from a "backup".

This post has been edited by vokal4: Oct 17 2009, 03:57 AM

iJunaid

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2009, 09:42:00 PM »

Can I please get a clarification? Is it a 1 day ban or permanent ban?

anthonyp200419

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2009, 09:45:00 PM »

My ban is until 12/31/9999

Reznik Akime

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2009, 09:52:00 PM »

I'm wondering why they aren't banning consoles yet if this truly is the case. It sounds like they're pretty sure that the people getting banned are pirating the game and if I'm not mistaken, that's a console ban right there. Maybe they're wanting to burn people by making them think the console isn't banned then a month later ban the console?

One or the other is fine, but if they're going to yank on the chains of folk then that's pretty childish. I'm saying MS is in the right with the bannings but this just seems out of character.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 29