xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29

Author Topic: Recent Xbox 360 Bans  (Read 4435 times)

Q3A-TaNK

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 09:54:00 PM »

is this a console ban wave or a total account ban wave

Reznik Akime

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2009, 09:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Q3A-TaNK @ Oct 17 2009, 04:54 AM) *

is this a console ban wave or a total account ban wave

So far it's just account.

rsd

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2009, 11:23:00 PM »

so does email go out before your xbl disconnects or does it get sent after your told by your console?

Tural

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2009, 11:40:00 PM »

I was disconnected and received the email within a minute afterwards.

TerminatR

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2009, 12:10:00 AM »

Look on the bright side people, it's not a permanent ban, only until the year 9999 (well, technically the year 10,000 since its December 31st).  jester.gif  jester.gif  jester.gif

tomgreen99200

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #20 on: October 17, 2009, 12:40:00 AM »

This is def. true. My friend got his account banned today forever. He was playing Forza 3 way to early. I wonder why they aren't banning the whole console if they know which games are illegitimate.  unsure.gif

pigbait

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2009, 12:43:00 AM »

Lol I'm passing down my xbox from generation to generation and I will get my next generation to check if my console is unbanned, and if it is not I will get them to sue MS

floydphish04

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2009, 12:53:00 AM »

Ok.  I was one of the people who got banned.  I had 2 360's, one modded and one not.  DLC was downloaded on both of them, but in the end only resided on the unmodded one (and deleted from the modded one).  Now most of my arcade games say "trial".  My Rock Band 2 DLC won't work.  I obviously cant get online to redownload the stuff on the console it was originally downloaded on.  Can't do a license transfer.  Is all this stuff lost for good?  If so, that REALLY sucks.  We are talking about a LOT of content.

josehp603

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2009, 12:58:00 AM »

I was banned too until 9999, does somebody know if there is a way of at least transfer the game saves, im not interested in achievements, only the game saves, so i dont have to start everything again, probably there is not a way but just wondering, because i've read about signing in the account you want to transfer things to and copying everything but it does not work that way anymore

ninjagothype

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2009, 02:52:00 AM »

yep im one of them who got banned till the year 10,000 and yet my friend was playing it with me at the same time and he didnt  grr.gif second time needing a new account......wanting to switch to sony....but no mods yet grr.gif

Derfuhrer

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2009, 02:53:00 AM »

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been permanently suspended due to illegitimate pre-release title play.

Why would Microsoft ban you for a day? Geez that would hurt..lol... doesn't make sense

To all users.... don't be surprised if your baned if you do any of the following
  • You play online with an image that was not 100% verified by ABGX360
  • You play a release early before retail
  • You alter or hack your profile

If you don't know about abgx and stealth, you cant play other games till the latest release becomes retail and you try to hack your own profile...then you shouldn't mod your 360

malignantmartyr

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #26 on: October 17, 2009, 03:10:00 AM »

Heres a question. I have two consoles, one modded one not. I got a copy of forza to try out, but im playing on my modded console thats connected not connected to the net. I do use the same harddrive, but however do not plan on connecting to xbl till forza actually comes out on the 27th. I plan on purchasing this game legit and being able to play online and such. Since im not connecting till the game comes out, what would the odds of being banned then be? Would it be too much to believe they could look at the dates in which the acheivements were accrued on my account and ban me once noticing that?

blackg1000

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #27 on: October 17, 2009, 03:14:00 AM »

QUOTE(malignantmartyr @ Oct 17 2009, 10:10 AM) View Post

Heres a question. I have two consoles, one modded one not. I got a copy of forza to try out, but im playing on my modded console thats connected not connected to the net. I do use the same harddrive, but however do not plan on connecting to xbl till forza actually comes out on the 27th. I plan on purchasing this game legit and being able to play online and such. Since im not connecting till the game comes out, what would the odds of being banned then be? Would it be too much to believe they could look at the dates in which the acheivements were accrued on my account and ban me once noticing that?

Erm...very high chance. You played it early. Doesn't matter if you are online or not but I would expect the worst outcome.

ThaCrip

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #28 on: October 17, 2009, 03:32:00 AM »

QUOTE(malignantmartyr @ Oct 17 2009, 04:10 AM) *

this is exactly what i am wondering!

anyone confirm this? ... because it does seem possible they could check the date of the save file and then ban accordingly but then again, they might not ban this way simply because someones console might not have the proper date and time set on there console so the saved game will also have a false date. so based on this it seems like it would be questionable if they could solely ban based on the time/date of the save file alone... seems like if they did this, someone could sue possibly because take for example... say it was Oct 28th and you got the retail game but your console was unplugged and lost it's date and time and it was reset back to that 2005 stuff (i.e. factory defaults after the power gets disconected from the system) then you played the SINGLE PLAYER game for a little bit and then removed the disc from the drive and signed into xbox live, and then xbox live ran the date and time of the saved game check and it see's it's prior to the official Oct 27th release date and bans you... see what i mean?

This post has been edited by ThaCrip: Oct 17 2009, 10:50 AM

malignantmartyr

• Archived User
Recent Xbox 360 Bans
« Reply #29 on: October 17, 2009, 03:37:00 AM »

QUOTE(blackg1000 @ Oct 17 2009, 10:14 AM) View Post

Erm...very high chance. You played it early. Doesn't matter if you are online or not but I would expect the worst outcome.

I pretty much am. I aint gonna be mad if i get banned. Its no ones fault but my own. I was just curious.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 29