xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Your Thoughts on the Future of Live?  (Read 478 times)

schizzlefuzz

• Archived User
Your Thoughts on the Future of Live?
« on: January 16, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

I want the ability to have more than 100 friends.

1337 pig

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 07:17:00 PM »

Make chatrooms instead of just 1 on1 private chat.

smileboot

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »

I see what they want to do. Because M$ passport was a huge flop (no one apart from M$ signed up for it) their gonna try and transfer the success of xbox live and make it a huge LIVE system all interconnected. which means even less security and just plain sucks. Keep the services seprate   if you cant remember more than 1 password you shouldnt have it. Tho this may just be M$'s way to keep the *iaa's happy while tryig to allow as much cross platform media transfer  when they should just be saying "F U IN THE A *iaa's DRM SUCKS so we dont want or need it"

sirjonesalot

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 07:29:00 PM »

i want more hot chicks to use the vision cam  love.gif

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 07:56:00 PM »

Oh fuck.. i modded my 360 and got banned, which in turn banned me from starting my car, opening my fridge, turning on hot water, and operating my microwave... good thing my pace maker still runs linux :/

belke

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 08:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Jan 16 2007, 09:03 PM) View Post

Oh fuck.. i modded my 360 and got banned, which in turn banned me from starting my car, opening my fridge, turning on hot water, and operating my microwave... good thing my pace maker still runs linux :/

I like your 360 and wii. just thought id throw it out there. biggrin.gif

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 08:41:00 PM »

QUOTE(ILLusions0fGrander @ Jan 16 2007, 09:03 PM) View Post

Isn't that the truth...

Anyways, I really can't see myself using XBL (or whatever the cross-platform name would be) outside of the xbox for gaming as I buy most of my media and just call my friends when I need to (not into IM nor chatting).  Of course, I probably don't fit the market profile for the new Live anyways...

epsilon72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 09:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(sephiro499 @ Jan 16 2007, 07:48 PM) View Post
I see a bleak and tyranical future for all forms of gaming with microsoft dominating everywhere.  Sony will eventually lose since they have no killer 1st party games, MS will just buy off all of their developers and you can see this already happening with ps3 losing exclusives.  Unlimited money always wins, and MS can dominate any industry it wants just by leveraging it's illegal OS monopoly.

The future of xbox live is a completely locked down and regulated 'online marketplace' where if you so much as sneeze the wrong way it'll cost you marketplace points.  MS isn't missing the boat this time like they missed the boat on the internet explosion.  They understand that the future of console games is ALL about the network.  It's always better to play against/with a human opponent then with the computer (unless maybe you were practicing).  Xbox LIVE will leave all competitiors in the dust since the competition just doesn't seem to GET IT.  In the age of highspeed internet connectivity is key.  

Hopefully without getting too much off topic I think the xbox 360 is really MS's ideal picture of a trusted computing platform.  It's a box that is so locked down you can't do anything with it.  You have to work with MS to create applications/games on it.  At least on the pc the development is a little more free.  Microsoft only developed the xbox 360 to make it a portal vending machine that they keep in your living room.  

I loved the first xbox for it's hackability, sadly this doesn't seem to be the case with the second xbox.
I agree with you completely.

Down with monopolies.  Linux ftw! sleep.gif

infamous_Q

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 10:01:00 PM »

ok..i gotta say this, regardless of how you feel about MS taking over the world...form a shearly businesses perspective, this is brilliant. they own, and they know it. Sony can't deal and neither can nintendo, if mac brought something viable to market they'd stand a chance since they run a seperate OS and dont need to give into MS on certain illegal demands they may make through pushing their OS (unlike Sony, and Nintendo...well..nintendo's been dead to me since they released teh gamecube anyways..)

as far as the future? total integration..the next xbox will be a VOIP hub, iptv settop box, media center PC, and probably have basic PC functionality built in. if you think about it, they're removing the hardware industry from the picture. if MS can make and sell one solid package that does everything you need it to (ie. standard gaming every generation, like a console should have, MS office, internet, communications, etc) built in to one cheap device....they can't be beat. not to mention that w/ the Live initiative they're gonna connect it to your cellphone, your PC (currently, its probably a better idea to keep PCs seperate, unlike i randomly stated above, due to the fact that they make a killing off of windows), and everything else electronic you own.

lets face it, they're brilliant, you gotta give em a hand for that. hell i wouldn't even be surprised if Bill is leaving MS so he can run for president! (<----- sarcasm)

Lamer123

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »

Dedicated servers to host matches and no more of this tunneling bull.

bucko

• Recovered User
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 12:26:00 AM »

Make it free so poor University students like me can afford it.

Neoistheone2000

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 01:11:00 AM »

QUOTE(sicknasty413 @ Jan 16 2007, 09:34 PM) View Post

Agreed.
Agreed.

Besides those, IDK. Perhaps something Zune related? Perhaps something cell phone related? An Xbox Live equivalent to the "Myspace" application (carried by Helio and Cingular) would be pretty sick.

a web browser would be nice

jwin767

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2007, 01:40:00 AM »

a more community feel would be nice, e.g. chat rooms and stuff you can enter from the dash board or just more ways of getting to know more new and exciting people. OR (and this is the one id like to see) ways of filtering people according to area in the world you live NOW that would be brill

Megamil

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2007, 03:39:00 AM »

QUOTE(infamous_Q @ Jan 17 2007, 12:08 AM) View Post

ok..i gotta say this, regardless of how you feel about MS taking over the world...form a shearly businesses perspective, this is brilliant. they own, and they know it. Sony can't deal and neither can nintendo, if mac brought something viable to market they'd stand a chance since they run a seperate OS and dont need to give into MS on certain illegal demands they may make through pushing their OS (unlike Sony, and Nintendo...well..nintendo's been dead to me since they released teh gamecube anyways..)

as far as the future? total integration..the next xbox will be a VOIP hub, iptv settop box, media center PC, and probably have basic PC functionality built in. if you think about it, they're removing the hardware industry from the picture. if MS can make and sell one solid package that does everything you need it to (ie. standard gaming every generation, like a console should have, MS office, internet, communications, etc) built in to one cheap device....they can't be beat. not to mention that w/ the Live initiative they're gonna connect it to your cellphone, your PC (currently, its probably a better idea to keep PCs seperate, unlike i randomly stated above, due to the fact that they make a killing off of windows), and everything else electronic you own.

lets face it, they're brilliant, you gotta give em a hand for that. hell i wouldn't even be surprised if Bill is leaving MS so he can run for president! (<----- sarcasm)

+1

I get tired of people bitching and moaning about M$ that it's just plain annoying.  I thought the purpose of business was to do better than your competitor or complete get rid of them.  I mean people bitch about M$ but what about the power companies and companies like Comcast Communications that charge outrageous prices for their services?   blink.gif

sabbath_dude

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2007, 04:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(jwin767 @ Jan 17 2007, 08:47 AM) View Post

ways of filtering people according to area in the world you live NOW that would be brill

That would be good!. I hate it when I have to play people on the other side of the planet and the game is unplayable or the rest of the players have an unfair advantage due to lag. Maybe if I could select games by country or region that would be better.
Pages: [1] 2