xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I Flashed A $400.00 Dvd Player!  (Read 335 times)

Martinchris23

• Archived User
I Flashed A $400.00 Dvd Player!
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2008, 12:00:00 PM »

If your drive is reading originals, why is everyone going crazy over your 'verified' original???

There is nothing wrong with your DVD Key, otherwise originals would not work. Since the patching only takes a copy of the DVD key and injects it into the firmware, the rest is irrelevent (ignore the fact you can't reflash the drive right now, it's a moot point).

If originals are still working after all of this, it's either going to be a media issue with your backups, a wrongly written disc or a weak laser.

1. Use good media - Verbatims or Ritek have a good success rate.
2. Burn at 2.4x with IMGBurn or CloneCD by selecting the .dvd file (layerbreak information). Both programs support .dvd files, with IMGBurn being completely free.
3. VERIFY YOUR MEDIA - I cannot stress this enough. If you don't verify what you've done, you've no way of knowing if the image matches that of the DVD+R DL you've just written.
4. Failing all of this, see if you can borrow someone's backup (for testing purposes) of a game, with the strict understanding you can only use it if you have the original copy!!!

Stop messing with the drive firmware for now, or you could end up with a bricked drive. At least it's working!

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2008, 01:32:00 PM »

MartinChris- he never actually stated that his originals are working. he only said that backups are working and that movies are working. it seems to me that whatever he used to copy the key got the key from the wrong location which ended up in him having the incorrect key in his hacked firmware. the drive now being unreadable also suggest it has been flashed.

to the OP- the 10 second method requires a VIA SATA-PCI 6241A, i suggest you get one before attempting to continue. i also suggest you use iPrep, and iXtreme 1.4

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

Oops - yup I misread the post. I saw '100% working' and didn't notice what it was referring to - it's been a long day!!

choebox

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2008, 09:59:00 PM »

Clarification:

1. Backups do not work.
2. Originals do not work.
3. Factory movies work.

Here is my problem: Can't get drive to relfash back to original. Confirmed backed up orig.bin is valid biggrin.gif

I have tried the following:  

enable0800:
1. Burned enable0800 ISO using CD Clone on DVD-DL.
2. Plug SATA cable from DVD drive to PC. Power cable drive still connected to Xbox 360
3. Usb Boot with mtkflash utility to dos.
4. Power on Xbox 360, drive is recognized in BIOS.
6. Insert Enable0800 disc into drive and wait 10 seconds then eject disc.
7. Choose drive ich6 pri: 1
8. Hangs after executing! sad.gif

Immediately hangs after executing all bat commands. Tried various combinations of the above i.e., wait 3 sec, 5 sec, 15 sec, ect. No Joy! sad.gif

10 Second Trick:
1. Usb Boot with mtkflash utility to dos.
2. Power on 360 and wait few sec.
3. Enter the mtkflash command.
4. Power off 360.
5. Choose xtreme drive pri:1.
6. Wait 10 sec and power on 360.
7. Hangs after powering on 360. sad.gif

Immediately hangs after powering on 360. Tried various combinations of the above i.e., wait 3 sec, 5 sec, 15 sec, ect. No Joy! sad.gif

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2008, 12:47:00 AM »

MartinChris - dont worry, it happens to the best of us.

Choebox - i explained in my last post. hacked MS25 firmware is based of MS28 firmware which has firmguard. so now you need a VIA 6241 to be able to flash the drive at all

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2008, 01:56:00 AM »

Shouldn't the 0800 disk be able to disable the firmguard? Then the ICH chipset should work fine...

He running xtreme 5.3.

choebox

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2008, 10:29:00 PM »

I have Via 6241 card on the way! biggrin.gif

I was told that it is not possible to brick a samsung. Is this True?

I know I should have used Iprep...Used Iprep to flash BenQ and was a breeze. Flashed Hitachi using C4EVA more painful but easy enough. I was going to use Iprep for the Samsung but got caught up reading all the tutorials and posts and got confused. I ended up using the wrong tutorials and Bam! I spent more time and care reading about Samsung than I ever did flashing the BenQ and Hitachi put together. I read many times Samsung is the easiest drive to flash, ect. ect. but I continued to read in the fear of bricking it.

Live and learn. I am just thankful there is hope for recovery. smile.gif

BTW Thanks again to all that have responded to my post and the helpful information you have given. It's amazing how clear everything is after reading your comments. Reading the many tutorials and thousands of posts that exists on this subject can be more confusing than helpful. I am not trying to take away anything from the hard work the people have spent to produce these programs and articles, all I am saying is the information overload is not always helpful.

I will post my recovery attempt results when I get my VIA Card. rolleyes.gif

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2008, 02:45:00 PM »

it is possible to brick a samsung drive, but is very very very very rare. do a google search for textbooks tutorial, that is the most detailed and up to date tutorial there is

Martinchris23

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: April 29, 2008, 02:19:00 PM »

You can erase the firmware completely on a Samsung (using the via 6421 chipset) and STILL be able to reflash with another firmware - that's how hard it is to brick one smile.gif

choebox

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 11:43:00 PM »

Finally got my VIA 6421 today!  biggrin.gif

1. Downloaded and installed latest driver 5.03c
2. Installed iprep ixtreme 1.4 on new usb drive
3. Created two new folders: backup\1234567\12345\
4. Copied orig.bin in folder: backup\1234567\12345\orig.bin
5. Rename orig.bin to Sam-OFW.bin
6. Reboot usb drive
7. Type rsam 1234567 12345
8. Turn on 360
9. "internal stack overflow error"
10. PC freezes! Poo! Poo!:(

Back to the drawing board  sad.gif

Havok

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: May 03, 2008, 12:38:00 AM »

To get rid of the stacks error...

EDIT CONFIG.SYS

Then add the following line
STACKS=90

Save as config.sys

I don't know if that will prevent the lockup though.

I'm a little confused why you are doing anything with ORIG.BIN before you've even read the firmware from the drive... uhh.gif

scuba156

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: May 03, 2008, 03:58:00 AM »

rsam is restore, dsam is dump. i assume hes trying to write the original firmware before he continues

if havoks advice doesnt work, try placing the sata card in a different PCI slot, and make sure you disconnect HDD's and CD/DVD drives

This post has been edited by scuba156: May 3 2008, 10:59 AM

choebox

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: May 04, 2008, 04:23:00 PM »

I am xtremely happy to announce that my $400.00 DVD player has been restored back to a fully functional 360! biggrin.gif

I would like to extend my praise and gratitude to OggyUk who has held my hand through this difficult process and guided me through with his technical expertise and his good natured humor. "OggyUk YOU ROCK MAN!" Oggy has the wisdom of Moses and the patience of Job! There was several instances where I had given up hope but Oggy's unrelenting persistence kept my spirits up to continue trying. Frustrating as this process of restoring my 360 was (I think most people that have issues can relate), Oggy actually made it fun and I had some good laughs in the process along with the valuable knowledge I have gained.

I am a Noob (about 2 months) to 360 FW updating and really new to X-S. I am truly amazed with the genuine sincerity that people are willing to lend a helping hand. I walk forth from this day with a bigger smile having had this kind of experience and much more respect for the internet community, even more important I walk forth with a brighter outlook on Humanity in general. smile.gif  We certainly need more people like OggyUK and I have resolved to follow his example.

I would also like to acknowledge Scuba156, Martinchris23, Havok, Ranger72, Megaman22, and Podger for their replies and inputs and to X-S forums for providing an environment for this type of interaction to occur.  

Whosoever reads this statement of praise "Please do not think that this is just an inflated rambling story of gratitude" It is written with the up most sincerity.

Thank you! cool.gif

chunseng

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2008, 10:14:00 AM »

I am faced with the same problem only that I am left without the orignial firmware and an invalid key. I am still able to boot into Xbox and got something like X:AFA9-8BB3-D318-7FFB from the console's system properties. Is this they key? If so, perhaps I can code it into a bin file and flash my drive and hopefully restore it.

Chimp5000

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2008, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(chunseng @ Jul 29 2008, 05:50 PM) View Post

I am faced with the same problem only that I am left without the orignial firmware and an invalid key. I am still able to boot into Xbox and got something like X:AFA9-8BB3-D318-7FFB from the console's system properties. Is this they key? If so, perhaps I can code it into a bin file and flash my drive and hopefully restore it.

That is not the key.  If Microsoft made it that easy for us we would have hacked it the day it came out.
Pages: 1 [2] 3