xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 Shuts Off After Windows Recognizes Drive  (Read 37 times)

noobiex2

• Archived User
360 Shuts Off After Windows Recognizes Drive
« on: September 25, 2007, 05:26:00 PM »

After searching for a fix for this problem I am stumped. I was able to get into mode B using the slax cd method and ejecting the disk after the "spinning up disk" failure. I ejected the drive numerous times while windows was loading and successfully was able to see the drive in the device manager. My problem only comes when I try to open 'my computer'. I see the drive for a second then the 360 shuts off  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

My onboard SATA chipset is nvidia on my msi mb. I have a VIA chipset SATA card (for my 28) but I cannot get it to load the slax cd (wait, just had a thought...I'll try putting into mode b using the nvidia and switch to VIA slot after I shut down my pc--will report in a few minutes).

Any (other) ideas?
 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/beerchug.gif)

EDIT: swapping the cable to the VIA card didn't help, I still get the error messege on boot displaying that the drive cannot be configured for RAID. I know there is a way to disable RAID on the card but I do not know how to get into it's bios (DEL doesn't do it).
hmmm

This post has been edited by noobiex2: Sep 26 2007, 12:39 AM

noobiex2

• Archived User
360 Shuts Off After Windows Recognizes Drive
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 06:25:00 PM »

SUCCESS!!! I didn't read this in any of the tutorials but by simply plugging in the video cables the 360 wouldn't shut off.

VERY SIMPLE