xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Ps2 Emulator On Modded 360?  (Read 555 times)

twistedsymphony

• Recovered User
Ps2 Emulator On Modded 360?
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2006, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(CattyKid @ Jul 6 2006, 06:19 PM) View Post

It is speculated that the PS3 will NOT emulate the PS2 via software.  It will actually contain major PS2 hardware components, as the PS2 contained major PS1 hardware components.

Sony initially said it would be software based, then there was a rumor that they were having trouble and would be going hardware based at launch with the intention of eventually removing it once the software was as capable... Sony quickly squashed that saying it would be software based from the start

Becides if it were hardware based how would they upgrade the graphics of the old games to HD?

QUOTE(skavenger216 @ Jul 13 2006, 02:02 PM) View Post

Ok, heres my viewpoint on this.

The X-box 1 is more technically capable then the PS2, correct? (yes)

The X360 can emulate a good amount of Xbox1 games at full speed in a higher resolution, right? (once again, yes)

So if the 360 can emulate the Xbox 1 at full speed, why the hell wouldnt it be able to emulate the PS2???
That right there is no reason!!!! someone just needs to step up to the plate and start working on it!! ( sorry people, im not a programmer or id start working on it myself)

So yeah the whole point of this is if the 360 can run xbox 1 games it can also run ps2.

The biggest problem is that we can't run unsigned code on the 360 yet, it's kind of hard to write software for hardware you can't use.

Aside from that, the PC emulators still arn't that good in terms of even booting the games never mind running them smooth enough to play them. Developing emulators for a PC you essentially have "infinite" performance power because you can write something and say "well it will work when the hardware gets faster" but they don't even have that.

You'll see a reliable PS2 emulator for the PC long before you see it on a 360.

Pojojedichicken

• Archived User
Ps2 Emulator On Modded 360?
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

Playstation 2 = Playstation 1 + Playstation 2. When it played Playstation 1 games on the PS2 it had hardware from PS1 to emulate it. Trying to then Emulate the PS2 would be quite difficult. A port of guitar hero could be more likely.  PS3 is going to emulate by software. It was announced at E3 i beleive?

So if the 360 can emulate the Xbox 1 at full speed, why the hell wouldnt it be able to emulate the PS2???
That right there is no reason!!!! someone just needs to step up to the plate and start working on it!! ( sorry people, im not a programmer or id start working on it myself)

MS emulating their own games on their newer console is not a big feat. They have all access passes. Having some kids make a PS2 emulator for the 360 will happen when people think of Ps2 like we think of Atari now. Classic gaming or dead. If they finish an emulator itll run demos at 1/4 of the PS2's true speed. Go buy a PS2 they are cheap now.
Pages: 1 2 [3]