xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Ethernet Port Dead?  (Read 11 times)

maxwellian

• Archived User
Ethernet Port Dead?
« on: August 12, 2006, 04:16:00 AM »

I recently got a Xbox 360 from a mate, and started using xbox live the other day, but as I only have 1 ethernet cable that is capable of reaching my bedroom, I have been swapping the ethernet cable between my pc and the 360, today I went to plug the 360 in, went to the dashboard and clicked connect, it said there was no connectivity to xbox live, so I did the test and it showed "Network Adapter - Disconnected" the cable is seated in the port correctly, so I tried again, the same, I rebooted the console, and the same again, tried moving the console closer to the router using a different cable and its the same, just wondering if anyone has had a similiar issue and if so what they did to fix it?

sinister slipknot

• Archived User
Ethernet Port Dead?
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2006, 03:13:00 PM »

Have you checked to see if theres anything damaged in the ethernet port like the pins or anything? Other than physical damage im not too sure what else it could be, i know theres things like the ICS chip that could have blown and stopping functionality, but that would be very rare, and unlikely from just changing the ethernet cable.

maxwellian

• Archived User
Ethernet Port Dead?
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2006, 03:04:00 AM »

Just checked, and double, and tripple checked, there are no bent or missing pics what so every, looks identical to my pcs network port