xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Transfer Xbox 360 Saves To Pc Version  (Read 384 times)

deadeyes989

• Archived User
Transfer Xbox 360 Saves To Pc Version
« on: June 14, 2006, 10:11:00 AM »

On morrowind you could transfer the saves, it would have to go through a re-parsing quests screen, but it worked. Since it is possible to explore the 360 harddrive, is it also possible to move the save over, and if so does it work in the PC version?

deadeyes989

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2006, 08:06:00 PM »

anybody?

I Am Aurora

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2006, 06:57:00 AM »

I do know that with the datel transfer kit for xbox 360 you can transfer saves but i think it requires a memory card too.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2006, 10:42:00 AM »

i highly doubt that this i possible, i don't KNOW that for a fact, but i highly doubt it because if it was, MS and/or betheseda(sp?) would be sure to advertise it.

so i'm going to say no, it can't be done.

deadeyes989

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 01:01:00 PM »

Ok, I ask because I remember you could move morrowind saves from xbox to PC, and it would use just the .ess in the save file, and it did work. Maybe if I was lucky it would be possible, oh well, juist wanted to ask.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2006, 03:15:00 AM »

I'd bet it would work, and visa versa, if you used one of the 360 hdd extracting devices to get the save from.

EDIT:

And no, MS would not advertise it.  It is a hack, why the hell would they advertise it?  Did they advertise the ability to transfer not only saves, but expansion packs from the PC to the xbox?  NO.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2006, 01:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jun 22 2006, 04:22 AM) View Post

I'd bet it would work, and visa versa, if you used one of the 360 hdd extracting devices to get the save from.

EDIT:

And no, MS would not advertise it.  It is a hack, why the hell would they advertise it?  Did they advertise the ability to transfer not only saves, but expansion packs from the PC to the xbox?  NO.

um...don't be stupid please.  i'm not saying they would advertise a hack, when did i say that? can you please highlight for me with a nice yellow highlighter where i said that?

what i SAID was that they would advertise. they would have probably designed for it from day 1, meaning it wouldn't have been a hack, but simply some sort of usb plug 'n' play type feature.  

sure sounds like a huge cool thing i'd want to advertise if i made a game like that, but what do i know, i just have my common sense.

edit: AND, not to mention, don't you think someone would have found it already and pointed it out?  it has been long enough to do so.

seeing as how m$ probably noticed from xbox1, things that were compromised like that, so don't you think they might try a little harder to make that not possible unless they WANTED it to be. ya, that's what i thought.  i mean i guess it's possible, the biggest technology company in the world didn't notice things like that and didn't really research like they were supposed to.  hell, they probably didn't even know the xbox1 could be modded right?

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

rolleyes.gif

um...don't be stupid please.  i'm not saying they would advertise a hack, when did i say that? can you please highlight for me with a nice yellow highlighter where i said that?

........but i highly doubt it because if it was, MS and/or betheseda(sp?) would be sure to advertise it.

That same logic can be applied to Morrowind.  You could extract saves from the xbox version and apply it to the PC, among other things.  Why didn't MS or Bethesda advertise this?  Because it was a hack.  Just like it would be for the 360.  This doesn't take much more then common sense to figure out.

what i SAID was that they would advertise. they would have probably designed for it from day 1, meaning it wouldn't have been a hack, but simply some sort of usb plug 'n' play type feature.

Good point.  Just like they did with Morrowind.

If your going to take offense when nothing offensive was given, try to use more logic next time.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 02:45:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jun 24 2006, 01:55 PM) View Post

rolleyes.gif
That same logic can be applied to Morrowind.  You could extract saves from the xbox version and apply it to the PC, among other things.  Why didn't MS or Bethesda advertise this?  Because it was a hack.  Just like it would be for the 360.  This doesn't take much more then common sense to figure out.

Good point.  Just like they did with Morrowind.

If your going to take offense when nothing offensive was given, try to use more logic next time.

i used plenty logic...i like your "convienent" omission of the entire last part of my post...that being

seeing as how m$ probably noticed from xbox1, things that were compromised like that, so don't you think they might try a little harder to make that not possible unless they WANTED it to be. ya, that's what i thought. i mean i guess it's possible, the biggest technology company in the world didn't notice things like that and didn't really research like they were supposed to. hell, they probably didn't even know the xbox1 could be modded right?

do you need me to repeat what i said?  how they wouldn't make the mistake a second time, and therefore this magical "hack" on a completely different system and a completely different game, most likely won't happen.  that was the whole point to my post, that you CANNOT relate it to Morrowind.  I guess I can spell it out for you next time.

if you want to tell someone to use "logic" you should probably address every part of their post instead of nit picking little pieces out of context of the general point of the original post.

i'll say it again...MS isn't dumb....just like xbox1, i'm sure they secured up some shit.  oh and you also never addressed my point about why noone else had found it yet?   you seem to ignore everything that can't be taken out of context to suit whatever you are saying.

well done sir.

your "edit" from your original post, is quite obvious a condescending remark.  the strategic use of "NO" and telling me why the hell they would do something, doesn't exactly scream warm and comfy atmosphere.  if you don't see that, then you should look a bit harder, and possibly think about what you say a bit more.  that being said, i never took any sort of offense, i just felt your reasoning was flawed.

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2006, 06:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 25 2006, 02:52 PM) View Post

i used plenty logic...i like your "convienent" omission of the entire last part of my post...that being
do you need me to repeat what i said?  how they wouldn't make the mistake a second time, and therefore this magical "hack" on a completely different system and a completely different game, most likely won't happen.  that was the whole point to my post, that you CANNOT relate it to Morrowind.  I guess I can spell it out for you next time.

if you want to tell someone to use "logic" you should probably address every part of their post instead of nit picking little pieces out of context of the general point of the original post.

i'll say it again...MS isn't dumb....just like xbox1, i'm sure they secured up some shit.  oh and you also never addressed my point about why noone else had found it yet?   you seem to ignore everything that can't be taken out of context to suit whatever you are saying.

well done sir.

your "edit" from your original post, is quite obvious a condescending remark.  the strategic use of "NO" and telling me why the hell they would do something, doesn't exactly scream warm and comfy atmosphere.  if you don't see that, then you should look a bit harder, and possibly think about what you say a bit more.  that being said, i never took any sort of offense, i just felt your reasoning was flawed.

Sure, go right ahead and keep making a complete ass of yourself.

You sir, are a pistol without any ammunition.

Your entire argument is utterly ridiculous and makes no damn sense.  I addressed all the asinine issues of your previous post.

how they wouldn't make the mistake a second time, and therefore this magical "hack" on a completely different system and a completely different game, most likely won't happen.  that was the whole point to my post, that you CANNOT relate it to Morrowind.  I guess I can spell it out for you next time

The whole Morrowind hack was not some 'magical', isolated hack.  Morrowind, like so many other xbox games, files could be extracted and altered because the xbox had been 'hacked', and unsigned code could be run on it.  I could have used a number of different games rather then Morrowind.  Do you honestly think that MS or Bethesda gave a crap about saves and other content being interchangeable between the PC and xbox morrowinds?  Why would they give a flying F?  It is no different then a thousand other hacked profile games.  MS is more concerned with the 'hacking' of their console, then some stupid saved file transferring.

And guess what, the 360's DVD firmware has been 'hacked'.  Do you think MS intended for this to happen?  No matter how good MS made the security of the 360, it will be breached.  They cannot stop people from extracting the games files if their HDD has been 'hacked'.

oh and you also never addressed my point about why none else had found it yet?   you seem to ignore everything that can't be taken out of context to suit whatever you are saying.

I did not ignore it, because maybe someone has done this already.  I wouldn't know either way, because i have no use for it, and thereby have not been looking for it.  It would not be 'ground breaking' news, like you make it out to be.

How on earth you can keep arguing your asinine point, is beyond me.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2006, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(Foe-hammer @ Jun 25 2006, 07:28 PM) View Post

Sure, go right ahead and keep making a complete ass of yourself.

You sir, are a pistol without any ammunition.

Your entire argument is utterly ridiculous and makes no damn sense.  I addressed all the asinine issues of your previous post.

are you a big bad tough boy?  not sure where i'm making an ass of myself, i'm not the one e-thuggin around calling people names...but okay.

saying my argument is ridiculous and makes no sense without any actual reason?  sorry dude, thats just a fallacy at it's finest.

The whole Morrowind hack was not some 'magical', isolated hack.  Morrowind, like so many other xbox games, files could be extracted and altered because the xbox had been 'hacked', and unsigned code could be run on it.  I could have used a number of different games rather then Morrowind.  Do you honestly think that MS or Bethesda gave a crap about saves and other content being interchangeable between the PC and xbox morrowinds?  Why would they give a flying F?  It is no different then a thousand other hacked profile games.  MS is more concerned with the 'hacking' of their console, then some stupid saved file transferring.

not once did i say things would never be hacked.  you don't understand why i'm arguing a point because you are having a hard time actually reading what i'm saying, instead of just trying to attack the integrity of my argument.  

it's not a question of being "concerned."  this wouldn't be MS's deal, but more Bethesda.  i'm not saying you can't read the files.   how hard is it to change the format of the file so it can't be done? ya, not that hard.

And guess what, the 360's DVD firmware has been 'hacked'.  Do you think MS intended for this to happen?  No matter how good MS made the security of the 360, it will be breached.  They cannot stop people from extracting the games files if their HDD has been 'hacked'.

why would i ever claim that the 360 won't be hacked?  i never said that. where is this statement coming from? again, mindless chatter, just stating unrelated things to try and sound "right."

here let me try, they will make more case replacements.

I did not ignore it, because maybe someone has done this already.  I wouldn't know either way, because i have no use for it, and thereby have not been looking for it.  It would not be 'ground breaking' news, like you make it out to be.

yes you did...are you blind?  not knowing about it means nothing, you ignored more than one point that you couldn't make bend to your argument.  again, just cause you say something, doesn't make it fact.

you saying you don't know about the save transfer is pointless, if it had been done, it'd be on the forums. that's that, it's a fact, you can't avoid it by ignorance, that would make no sense.

How on earth you can keep arguing your asinine point, is beyond me.

if it's so asinine, then why are you so hot and bothered right now?

i wonder how long it will take for a mod to close this

Foe-hammer

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2006, 09:51:00 PM »

blink.gif

huh.gif

You are 100% correct; i am completely dumbfounded and lost by what you are trying to say.

Let's keep it simple and go back to what you originally typed, and why i responded in the first place.:

i highly doubt that this i possible, i don't KNOW that for a fact, but i highly doubt it because if it was, MS and/or betheseda(sp?) would be sure to advertise it.

so i'm going to say no, it can't be done.

Your reasoning is if transferring saved files from the 360 oblivion to the PC were possible, then MS and or Bethesda would have advertised it.  Correct?

So if someone extracted Oblivions saved files from off the 360 hdd (which they already can) and included it in the PC's saves file, and it worked (i have no idea if is does or does not, and neither do you), you say that MS and or Bethesda would advertise this?  Why would you think that?  As i mentioned before, and i'll type again......there is no way in hell that they would because the game was never intended to do this in retail form, and the only reason it would be possible is because it is HACKED.

I'm not trying to be difficult or jerk here, it's just when i read your initial post i about spit by drink all over my screen by your reasoning on the subject.

Please explain in a professional type manner if i misunderstood what you typed, somehow.

And if you cannot respond civilly, then i'll take deftech's advice and put you on my ignore list; i don't want to waste anymore time arguing over something so silly.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2006, 01:49:00 PM »

What I was saying was that they would have learned from the flaw that happened in Morrowind and planned for it according, and not had the security flaw as easily "hacked."  That's why I said your "comparing" to Morrowind logic didn't fit what I was aruging.   huh.gif

It is much easier to prevent a 360->PC conversion than it is to prevent an all out 360 hacking.  

Sometimes companies screw up save conversions completely on accident, this is exampled when some games are updated and you can't use previous saves on them.  Something to that affect, is what I assumed would happen.

Just to note, I raised my hostility only in response to yours tongue.gif  We were mutually uncivil.  cool.gif  At some point along the way, both of our arguments were lost.

a24ozslurpee

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 25, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

I would like to know the answer too. I want to get my 360 character onto the PC sad.gif All I want to know is what file type the 360 oblivion saves are.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2006, 07:36:00 AM »

still no, 1 month later.
Pages: [1] 2