xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Transfer Xbox 360 Saves To Pc Version  (Read 393 times)

Dark_Neo

• Archived User
Transfer Xbox 360 Saves To Pc Version
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2006, 10:19:00 AM »

I've tried copying the saves across, Oblivion recognises them as save games, complains about content missing when trying to load them, then just stops.

Bullet Pulse

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2006, 09:21:00 AM »

Nope, the saves use a different program entirely.

L0rdBalthazar

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2006, 11:00:00 AM »

By what I can tell, the 360 version of the game has files on the disc that aren't present in the PC version. (And I'm not referring to the obvious ones like the .xex) There are 5 extra files ending in .bet, so I'm guessing this is content that is missing. I'll do a hex analysis later and see what's different.

Lesaras

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 10:55:00 PM »

QUOTE(Maverick0984 @ Jun 16 2006, 05:49 PM) View Post

i highly doubt that this i possible, i don't KNOW that for a fact, but i highly doubt it because if it was, MS and/or betheseda(sp?) would be sure to advertise it.

so i'm going to say no, it can't be done.

I don't think M$ would have advertised a hole in their security.

NotMe1963

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2007, 10:02:00 PM »

Before starting, you will need to purchase:

* An Xbox 360 memory unit (MU), for example a 64MB unit.
    * A Datel Xbox 360 transfer kit (and the included Xchange360 software).

You can do it with the HDD alone if you have a method of connecting the HDD to the PC such as the Datel SATA or Datel Xport.  If you have either of these devices you would be starting at step 4 of the instructions.  Working directly with the HDD you would find your saves on Partition 3 instead of Partition 1 as the instructions state.

Maverick0984

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 01:24:00 PM »

QUOTE(Lesaras @ Feb 25 2007, 01:02 AM) View Post

I don't think M$ would have advertised a hole in their security.

who says it's a hole? i'm sure they could develop a way to transfer them with a super awesome $50 360->PC conversion device.

jusdafide

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2007, 04:23:00 PM »

OK. From personal experience, I opened up one of my 360 hard drives, took out the little hard drive inside, hooked it up to the sata port on my computer, after having to buy a sata power cable as well and then transfered everything to my pc.  The problem is, it's not as easy as dragging music. I used Xplorer360 to copy all the files and then reformatted my hard drive. When I dragged everything back on there and turned my xbox 360 back on, it said my profile was corrupt.  You can't actually tell which save belongs to which game. It's all coded. For instance: One save file might be named 202053108105810865454dfd5fdf5d15df. There is a folder called content which saves all of your game saves and downloads from xbox live. That is the folder that you need to keep in order to do any transferring. It wasn't too hard once I figured out that copying everything back on there, cache, etc messed it up. You also have to remember that there are 3 partitions on the drive.

I don't know anything about the new kits they have because I'm old fashioned and would rather save money by doing it the hard way and learning how things work, than dishing out 40 or 50 bucks for two connectors that cost like 8 dollars together: Sata Cables.

Well good luck to anyone who tries this. Hope this helps.
Pages: 1 [2]