xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Replacing Motherboard  (Read 259 times)

sungminee

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« on: October 08, 2006, 10:27:00 AM »

Hello,

I am trying to replace 360's Mobo since I am getting a red lights.

Is there anything I have to know before I go ahead?

Also, how to you marry the DVD and Mobo.

Please Help.  Thanks

A guy from the USA.

skorchir

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2006, 04:07:00 PM »

All you really require is the DVD Key that matches the motherboard so you can "marry" the drive and motherboard. In order to marry them you will need to flash the matching key to your Dvd Drive.
If you do not have this key then you are pretty much screwed, unless you have the original drive that was attached to this motherboard.

tmh88

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2006, 01:55:00 PM »

hey sorry i havent really been into 360's since they came out, mainly cause i dont have one, but is it like the exact opposite of the regular xbox?

....meaning that instead of being able to use any dvd drive like on the original xbox, you now have to have a key, just like you needed one on the original xbox.

so xbox 1 = any dvd drive, hd unlocked w/ matching serial for use w/ live
xbox 360  = any hd, dvd drive with matching serial.

myfranco

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2006, 09:49:00 AM »

In order to replace your mobo , you need to find a working mobo+dvd drive.You extract dvd key then you can get that motherboard and flash your own dvd drive with that key.

santa09

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2007, 11:21:00 AM »

sry dude just mo-bo and drive key isnt going to cut it
newer motherboards are locked to the drive key, manufacturer, and version number

goodl

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2007, 12:38:00 PM »

Use 360 Toolbox 3.0 and your all set, the poster above is incorrect

curranzor

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2007, 12:23:00 PM »

Are you kidding me? You cant just use the toolbox 3.0, if you do that you'll just get the key off of your origonal DVD, which will NOT match the one on the motherboard. what you can do is take the chip off of the motherboard and use a programmer to read from it and get the key, then use xtoolbox3.0 to change the DVD key to match the one of the motherboard.

RESEARCH

Analyzer52

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2007, 02:26:00 PM »

I have a question to the guys that have done this. When I buy the new board and I'm given the key do I flash it like I would for firmware for the drive or this something different?

caster420

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2007, 02:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(Analyzer52 @ Apr 10 2007, 03:57 PM) View Post
I have a question to the guys that have done this. When I buy the new board and I'm given the key do I flash it like I would for firmware for the drive or this something different?

Yes, you replace the key in your firmware and flash it to your drive (different processes depending on your drive version).  You will also want to find out what drive was originally married to the mobo, as you will likely get E66 if you do not spoof your drives firmware to report as the original.

Caster.

Analyzer52

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2007, 05:50:00 PM »

QUOTE(caster420 @ Apr 10 2007, 04:42 PM) View Post

Yes, you replace the key in your firmware and flash it to your drive (different processes depending on your drive version).  You will also want to find out what drive was originally married to the mobo, as you will likely get E66 if you do not spoof your drives firmware to report as the original.

Caster.

My orginal drive is a 46 0r 47 can't remember which one, so I would have ot do a manual hex sytle edit or are there tools to download I should be looking for  now PM me if you can't post them?

caster420

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2007, 07:08:00 PM »

QUOTE(Analyzer52 @ Apr 10 2007, 07:57 PM) View Post

My orginal drive is a 46 0r 47 can't remember which one, so I would have ot do a manual hex sytle edit or are there tools to download I should be looking for  now PM me if you can't post them?

You can use 360 Firmware Toolbox, which should be available for download off of this site somewhere.  It will spoof the proper sectors and your key to any firmware.  It can also flash this to your hitachi drive, although i havent really played with this program much.

Caster.

sosotiit

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 08:47:00 PM »

look at the    Faq, Links & Important Threads pinned in  the Hacking/Technical DVD-ROM .

under
 -changing to a new drive /x360 motherboard.

rgds, soso

Infinium

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #12 on: May 17, 2007, 01:35:00 PM »

QUOTE(curranzor @ Mar 28 2007, 08:23 PM) *

[...] What you can do is take the chip off of the motherboard and use a programmer to read from it and get the key, then use xtoolbox3.0 to change the DVD key to match the one of the motherboard.

RESEARCH

Did anyone do this already? Where exactly is the key stored on the MoBo? Nand Bios?
Than it should be possible with this new Infectus Programmer to read out the Mainboard key.

caster420

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2007, 07:47:00 AM »

QUOTE(Infinium @ May 17 2007, 03:35 PM) View Post

Did anyone do this already? Where exactly is the key stored on the MoBo? Nand Bios?
Than it should be possible with this new Infectus Programmer to read out the Mainboard key.

Yes, they are on the NAND, in the keyvault.  You can NOT recover your key with an infectus.  Your keyvault is encrypted based off of the fuseset values in your cpu and those values can NOT be extracted without a modified dvd-firmware and an exploitable kernel.  Even if you have those values, decrypting it is still a grey area of sorts.

Do not waste your money on an infectus at this time.

Caster.

caster420

• Archived User
Replacing Motherboard
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2007, 08:34:00 AM »

Damn overloaded board - MOD, please delete.

Caster.

This post has been edited by caster420: May 18 2007, 03:37 PM