xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: X3 Bios Hacked  (Read 556 times)

logicbomb.de

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2005, 06:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Feb 15 2005, 02:18 PM)
this is the gayest thing ever

Psilocybe

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2005, 06:39:00 PM »

I saw this was posted earlier today as "To k3rn3l" so i was wondering what it was as i didn't have access to my ngs.  atleast i know what it is now

what i'm thinking however and many of you haven't considered yet is some possibilities of this.
there were many posts that said "what is the point it can't do anything more than an x2 bios does".  true, for the most part it doesn't as you can't access config live let alone save the settings.  however, if it is further hacked to allow booting of config live, it could then also be hacked to instead of save/store settings to eeprom to save to a text file on the hard drive and load the settings upon boot similarly to ind-bios.

also alot of posts saying "it's a proof of concept" bla bla bla bla.... sure proof of concepts are always somewhat nice, it was well over a year ago xecuter first bundled an xbe into the bios and now look where it is (there really aren't many new bios specific features in the x3 bioses that the x2 doesn't have, they are mainly all xbe features through x3 cl).  The thing that bothers me though is that they seem so proud that someone disproved someone by making it work on a chip other than it is entended.  the thing is though that it's always been known that the bios could load on any chip with a big enough flash rom (or 1meg tsop for that matter) the thing it couldn't do it still can not and that is save settings so that you get full advantage of the bios.

so where is my stance on what i see comming of this or hope does happen, i think that eventually that the x3 bioses will be modded enough that they will work on other chips, however they will always be a few releases behind as i see different compression and encryption algorithms being used now than what were previously.  as i've always said about anything that has been hacked, cloned, etc, to me that would be somewhat of a compliment.  it shows just how badly people want something when they have to hack it up like this, though they are not willing to pay anything more than they have to.  to me it would be somewhat flattering that someone went through the trouble to try and hack this bios, however it also shows that they can't create something this good on their own or you'd see more than 2 teams making bioses from source (teamxecuter and ind-bios).  sometimes thing like this are good as they help push creativity, lets hope that this is the case.

ruciz

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2005, 09:30:00 PM »

Just to verify the whole image has to be used and you cannot cut or shrink it to a 256k bank or even a 512k bank, it just won't boot. This is on my TSOP'd 1.0 xbox anywho, I have it setup for dual banks of 512K, and I don't want to do a whole xbox flash, cause without the live config its pointless. if you have luck with it on other setups please post.

tagler

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2005, 10:59:00 PM »

i just love everyone just rips off everyone else

MS rips off apple and all other new ideas

team xecuter and the mod community rips off MS

these "hackers" rip off team xecuter

its all the same people, get over it.  the hacker that ripped off team xecuter are no worse than team xecuter using the stolen MS xbox sdk to compile their own bios

i know i'll get flammed for this, but oh well, its all true

i don't care about this too much but i think its pretty cool since the scene is dying and we need something new since there hasn't been a new emulator/game release in a while.....

Pillzburydoofus

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #34 on: February 16, 2005, 02:23:00 AM »

muhaha.gif

mistoni

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2005, 03:49:00 AM »

i think is a good idea that people have started to do this as there hasnt been any new bios's lately or new features and i just want to have some fun with some new bios's. Some one make a new bios. Maybe a smartxx bios lol

Methius

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #36 on: February 16, 2005, 04:45:00 AM »

QUOTE(iLLNESS @ Feb 15 2005, 08:18 PM)
this is the gayest thing ever

tutyet

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2005, 06:25:00 AM »

yep, if i were you i would stay and be layal to the bioses that run your chips like the evox and xecuters 2, they are reliable!

and if you want to use the x3 bios get an xecuter 3...............

click HERE and look at some of the pics of config like.

bucko

• Recovered User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #38 on: February 16, 2005, 07:15:00 AM »

Is it just me or is everyone going "why isn't there an X2 bios for 1.6" now this is there answer! Give it time and then you can all shut the fuck up and stop bashing team xecuter, god theres nothing to shut you up. Heck TeamXecuter might do something special and make the bios multiboot!

logicbomb.de

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #39 on: February 16, 2005, 07:49:00 AM »

QUOTE(krawhitham @ Feb 15 2005, 02:55 PM)
Have you fools heard of proof of concept.

bucko

• Recovered User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #40 on: February 16, 2005, 09:49:00 AM »

wacko.gif

jah-son

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #41 on: February 16, 2005, 11:58:00 AM »

QUOTE(jokk @ Feb 15 2005, 02:43 PM)
xilinx + bios w/o protections = clones

Yea maybe i'm wrong but that release is opening the door for the cloners which is kinda pathetic.

Arakon : it boots if you split it to 512k... and I agree its completly useless w/o the config live. Just an idea, but knowing executer the protection is the same on the latest build so a simple hex compare would tell what strings/bytes to patch.

ok now if they could crack it the same way on all versions of the bios wtf are they using a ancient build of it...?..? why arent they using the latest and greatest??? something must have stopped their crack on the newest versions.

if you want X3 just by the damn thing i mean they cost about as much as a 1/4 bag of weed for christ sake
 :P

jokk

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #42 on: February 16, 2005, 12:15:00 PM »

You can do the same byte change on 2913 and it works, didnt tried 2914 but I doubt it'd have changed.

jah-son

• Archived User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #43 on: February 16, 2005, 12:21:00 PM »

so why are they releasing their hack with the old version? did the newer versions boot?

bucko

• Recovered User
X3 Bios Hacked
« Reply #44 on: February 16, 2005, 12:51:00 PM »

They probebly don't want people to unpack the code and view it. I'm sure the final build will be encrypted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7