xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Pcmcia Sata Bus Works Perect!  (Read 504 times)

pricemeista33

• Archived User
Pcmcia Sata Bus Works Perect!
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2009, 08:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(floydphish04 @ Feb 12 2009, 11:12 AM) View Post

Hi guys.  I'm actually back to the scene after a bit of a break (since the original box).  Anyway, I am going to attempt to flash a 360 that has a BenQ drive and is fully updated.  I have ordered this SATA card:

Ordered from this site:  http://www.cross-mar...tml?cPath=31_95

This site looks like the same card and says it is VIA VT6421:  http://www.uxcell.co...rd-p-13970.html

Unfortunately the site I ordered from ships form Hong Kong I think.  The order shipped yesterday, but it could be 2 weeks.  

I am going to be using a Toshiba Satellite running Vista 32 bit.   I intend to follow the textbook and use a bootable USB flash drive created using Iprep.  

I'll let you know how it works.  Let me know if you see any glaring flaws in my plan.  

Thanks

Hey floyd, thanks for the link as I went on to purchase a couple of these to see if they will work with the Benq and Lite-On with my laptop. The price is unbelievable so let me head back over and grab them before they go outta stock!

Ponani

• Archived User
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 01:19:00 PM »

Hi,

Just want to add my hardware setup  for a successful flashing of a TS-H943A ms25 (sammy), wich supposedly is unflashable from windows, thats what I read earlier anyways.

Ok, here it is!

Laptop:  Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M1425
PCMCIA: Noname from china, only 9EUR. Heres the link
http://www.cross-mark.com/sata-serial-port-cardbus-pcmcia-card-p-113.html?currency=EUR&cPath=31_95

The ms25 was flashed earlier with iXTREME1.2Rev2 and I just did an overwrite with JungleFlasher 0.1.55 Beta.

I read the tut that came along with JungleFlasher. Didnt restore the drive to original fw, just dumped my allready hacked fw and loaded that as my source. JF then autoloaded latest fw wich I dl earlier and placed in JFs fw folder. I then did a writeback to the drive and that was it. Finished. Didnt even need to unlock the drive, dunno why.

n'kay, thats my info.
see ya

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #62 on: April 13, 2009, 06:43:00 PM »

QUOTE(Ponani @ Apr 1 2009, 08:55 PM) View Post

Hi,

Just want to add my hardware setup  for a successful flashing of a TS-H943A ms25 (sammy), wich supposedly is unflashable from windows, thats what I read earlier anyways.

Ok, here it is!

Laptop:  Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo M1425
PCMCIA: Noname from china, only 9EUR. Heres the link
http://www.cross-mar...amp;cPath=31_95

The ms25 was flashed earlier with iXTREME1.2Rev2 and I just did an overwrite with JungleFlasher 0.1.55 Beta.

I read the tut that came along with JungleFlasher. Didnt restore the drive to original fw, just dumped my allready hacked fw and loaded that as my source. JF then autoloaded latest fw wich I dl earlier and placed in JFs fw folder. I then did a writeback to the drive and that was it. Finished. Didnt even need to unlock the drive, dunno why.

n'kay, thats my info.
see ya

We appreciate your post ponani (is that what it think it is?), hahaha.....I know what "ponani" is! Well thanks and I do believe that JF auto unlocks Sammies prior to flashing. Everythings done for you and that's why JF and Team Jungle are the best eva!

NICKMO05

• Archived User
« Reply #63 on: April 14, 2009, 10:25:00 PM »

Hey guys whats up.  I haven't posted here much, but that is going to change starting today.  I just wanted to inform you guys that I will be back here as soon as all the parts arrive I need to flash the liteon dg-16d2s.  I have flash every type of drive except the liteon.  The parts I ordered are for my thinkpad r60.  I bought:

1 External Molex Power Adapter

1 Connectivity Kit v3 Pro

1 CK Probe

1 PCMCIA VIA VT6421 card

Operating System: Dual Boot w Windows Vista Ultimate 32x + XP Pro SP3

Firmware: Ixtreme 1.51

Flashing Software 1: Jungle Flasher (Latest Version, not sure of number)

Flashing Software 2: Iprep v8.8

I believe it is possible to flash with these tools and if anyone has any suggestions on how else I could help prepare myself than please let me know.  Thanks guys.

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #64 on: April 19, 2009, 01:29:00 PM »

QUOTE(NICKMO05 @ Apr 15 2009, 04:17 AM) View Post

Hey guys whats up.  I haven't posted here much, but that is going to change starting today.  I just wanted to inform you guys that I will be back here as soon as all the parts arrive I need to flash the liteon dg-16d2s.  I have flash every type of drive except the liteon.  The parts I ordered are for my thinkpad r60.  I bought:

1 External Molex Power Adapter

1 Connectivity Kit v3 Pro

1 CK Probe

1 PCMCIA VIA VT6421 card

Operating System: Dual Boot w Windows Vista Ultimate 32x + XP Pro SP3

Firmware: Ixtreme 1.51

Flashing Software 1: Jungle Flasher (Latest Version, not sure of number)

Flashing Software 2: Iprep v8.8

I believe it is possible to flash with these tools and if anyone has any suggestions on how else I could help prepare myself than please let me know.  Thanks guys.

Great Nick, let us know how everything went and please post your findings.

rocketrollins

• Archived User
« Reply #65 on: April 19, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »

Hi i have a Acer Aspire 5610z running on vista and bought this card
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=110369714840
bought it keeps giving me a port error when booting jf can someone gives some help setting it all up thanks

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #66 on: April 21, 2009, 08:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(rocketrollins @ Apr 19 2009, 08:16 PM) View Post

Hi i have a Acer Aspire 5610z running on vista and bought this card
http://cgi.ebay.co.u...em=110369714840
bought it keeps giving me a port error when booting jf can someone gives some help setting it all up thanks

Hey Rocketrollins I hope that the card you purchased has the correct chipset for flashing firstly. Check to make sure you have a compatible chipset listed in the tutorials at the top of this forum in the "Pinned" section. The chipset I have is the "Silicon Valley 3112" and that's what will show up in your Device Manager under "Storage Controllers" so click that and post what it says there. This will help us better to help you.

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #67 on: April 28, 2009, 09:14:00 PM »

Well I am soooo excited concerning the 1.6 iXtreme coming to us on the 14th of May. This should give all DVD drives the capability of flashing from any laptop. I am going to be doing quite a bit of experimenting with all the drives excluding the Hitachi and you know why (too many different versions), as C4Eva says. Being able to rip from the drive as one of the features is going to be outta sight. Get ready for the best iXtreme to come huh?

thurst0530

• Archived User
« Reply #68 on: May 01, 2009, 11:17:00 PM »

priest,
i was wondering if you would be willing to help me on my first ever flash? i have purchased a sata controller card, the ck3 kit, and i have taken everything apart and ready to go. i have a benq drive. will you help me with what to do next? also how do i hook up power to my sata card inside my computer? it didnt come with a power supply, just the card and a sata cable. after that i will be needing to get the best software i need to start my flash. thanks for any help you have

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2009, 07:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(thurst0530 @ May 2 2009, 05:09 AM) View Post

priest,
i was wondering if you would be willing to help me on my first ever flash? i have purchased a sata controller card, the ck3 kit, and i have taken everything apart and ready to go. i have a benq drive. will you help me with what to do next? also how do i hook up power to my sata card inside my computer? it didnt come with a power supply, just the card and a sata cable. after that i will be needing to get the best software i need to start my flash. thanks for any help you have

Hey thurst, the first thing you need to do is go to the pinned section of this forum located at the top and check out the TUTORIAL SECTION. You must first familiarize yourself with what you are about to do by reading the tutorials that cover the Benq drive. It's pretty simple, but we here at the Scene would want you to get the feel of everything first before doing anything. Just simply read up and do your homework first so that you will not frag your console or drive. Check out "TEXTBOOKs tutorial" titled, "Hacking the Xbox 360 for Noobs". Textbook was quite generous to write up this great tut for us all on the Scene so go and get it and go to the Benq section to get crackin'.

and I'm not a "priest", I'm Price

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
« Reply #70 on: September 16, 2009, 08:24:00 AM »

Trying to find out if this card will work with all current drives

http://www.startech....ultipliers.aspx

As you can see, it has a Silicon Image - SiI3132

Any other ExpressCard 34 cards that are known to work well?

On a side note, I have a Toshiba Satellite P300-18M which has an eSATA port (ICH9) works great smile.gif

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #71 on: September 21, 2009, 07:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Sep 16 2009, 03:24 PM) View Post

Trying to find out if this card will work with all current drives

http://www.startech....ultipliers.aspx

As you can see, it has a Silicon Image - SiI3132

Any other ExpressCard 34 cards that are known to work well?

On a side note, I have a Toshiba Satellite P300-18M which has an eSATA port (ICH9) works great smile.gif

Hey Dark, that's great that you found an ECard that works. Have you had any other luck with the Sammies and Liteon and BenQ?

DARKFiB3R

• Archived User
« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2009, 08:11:00 PM »

Hi pricemeista33, I haven't found an ECard that works, the eSATA port built into my laptop works.

I was asking if anybody knows if this card works? smile.gif

pricemeista33

• Archived User
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2009, 07:48:00 PM »

QUOTE(DARKFiB3R @ Sep 22 2009, 03:11 AM) View Post

Hi pricemeista33, I haven't found an ECard that works, the eSATA port built into my laptop works.

I was asking if anybody knows if this card works? smile.gif

Well all that we can ask you is to try it out for us as I have been a guinea pig for everyone here too. Give it a shot and post your results. That card will come in handy for you even if it doesn't work with flashing. The Sil 3112 is the chipset that works for sure, but we are still trying to learn if there are any other ones that may work as well.

topgunffx

• Archived User
« Reply #74 on: November 23, 2009, 01:21:00 PM »

how do you get esata to work, sata cables don't fit into a esata port right?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6