xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Win Ce Controller Compatable  (Read 234 times)

world in an oyster

• Archived User
Win Ce Controller Compatable
« on: August 14, 2004, 02:51:00 AM »

I've just been speaking to RedCloud, the guy that's made the xbox-controller-driver XBCD, and he says its compatable with Windows CE.

If someone with a mouse and keyboard could install this driver, then it'd be one massive step in the right direction.

There's a link to the xbcd webpage, from the XS homepage. its in the news.

rab154

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2004, 04:52:00 PM »

yeh it wud be a massive leap, but u'll need ppl wit ce experience to implement it and release it

xbc9526

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2004, 06:23:00 PM »

while it might be possible to integrete the driver into the windows ce image - the driver is built as a joystick driver - it would take alot of additional work to allow it to work as a mouse pointer

x-monkey

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2004, 07:51:00 PM »

Why do you ppl want to install windows so bad? Why not Linux you can do 100 times more stuff. The Windows ce cant run the normal windows apps, and the ce hand held apps will have to be recompiled for x86 use.
Windows drools, Linux RULZ!

This post has been edited by x-monkey: Aug 16 2004, 02:52 AM

Jezz_X

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »

QUOTE (x-monkey @ Aug 16 2004, 04:48 AM)
Why do you ppl want to install windows so bad? Why not Linux you can do 100 times more stuff. The Windows ce cant run the normal windows apps, and the ce hand held apps will have to be recompiled for x86 use.
Windows drools, Linux RULZ!

Why do people always put in their 2 cents worth and say linux linux linux all the time  :blink:

This post has been edited by Jezz_X: Aug 16 2004, 05:45 AM

SpudGunMan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2004, 03:04:00 AM »

because if they stop talking about it it would die and no one would ever use it.

however i do agree if you want to use the xbox as a PC linux is a better choice WinCe it more of a novilty then anythign else on the xbox.

x-monkey

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2004, 11:25:00 PM »

because if they stop talking about it it would die and no one would ever use it.

Linux wont die, Linux is much better then Windows. The only reason it is not popular as Windows is its a bit harder to use, and ppl dont know much about it so they are scared to try it.

thejt

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2004, 09:56:00 AM »

OMG stfu already with arguing for or against linux..  Yes.. linux will never die.. because there are always going to be wierd nerds who dont shower but once every few weeks that will always use it..  for the rest of the NORMAL world who want to be on par with the other 99.999% of PC users theres windows...

Also.. its funny that so many linux users brag about performance and this and that but you will find independant studies that show that the NT environment is actually more efficient in real world scenarios.  Not to mention that you dont have to waste most of your time TRYING to get the environment you want.

jaroc

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2004, 07:58:00 AM »

what he said ^^^

Mad Professor

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2005, 02:47:00 AM »

I want Win CE, for the xbox, if and when all the problems / bugs are sorted.
Just for quick and basic Internet / E-Mails.

Yes all this can be done on linux, witch i have been playing with.

LESTAT

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(x-monkey @ Aug 18 2004, 01:50 AM)
Linux wont die, Linux is much better then Windows. The only reason it is not popular as Windows is its a bit harder to use, and ppl dont know much about it so they are scared to try it.

**edit***

man i had a big soap box speech written up about the worthlessness of linux but ,,, alas,, dont even get me started...

just go the hell away,, we arent in your forum telling you how stupid your os is..

grow up.. and go back to reading your linux bible.

This post has been edited by LESTAT: Jan 29 2005, 01:49 AM

devguy

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 05:49:00 PM »

^^^

Considering linux is free, it really is not that bad of an operating system.

You have to pay big bucks for Windows.

If the two were both priced the same, Linux would die overnight.  But linux is free.

I personally like Windows better, but I use Xebian here because all I need is a nice, reliable web browser.  LInux supplies that for me.

If Windows does come, then I will definetly check it out.  But I won't doing a whole lot that I am not doing with linux right now.

tyraen

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2005, 07:13:00 AM »

Just to add my 2 cents, the Redcloud guy also has drivers for using a virtual keyboard/mouse with a joystick/gamepad/HID device I believe.

RanCorX2

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2005, 10:25:00 AM »

is he gonna add the drivers to the wince image?

RanCorX2

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

If the driver can be used to emulate the mouse cursor and virtual keyboard created wince would be fun to mess with on the xbox cus at the moment you can't do anything, as theres no cursor or keyboard.