xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18

Author Topic: More Xbox Live ban waves this weekend  (Read 1406 times)

vism

• Archived User
More Xbox Live ban waves this weekend
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2007, 10:09:00 PM »

Banned on 12/15, played on Live with backups the night before.

A) Xtreme 4.2a on Samsung ms25, flashed I think in January or whenever that firmware was released.  Never changed it since.  Survived the two big ban waves so I thought if it's good why upgrade it.  
cool.gif Bought console new in October last year, flashed in January I'm guessing.  Haven't touched it since
C) Played Halo 3 and Forza online the night before.  Also played Assassin's Creed, Rock Band, Oblivion, Table Tennis, Splinter Cell, Scene It, Kane & Lynch, & Naruto in the last month.  And Mass Effect which turned out to be bad Kreon rip.  
D) Just Guitar Hero III
E) Kreon drive rip

thetrunks

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 10:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xbox-Scene @ Dec 17 2007, 02:21 AM) *

A) Firmware Version, drive type (hitachi, samsung, benq) and when you upgraded/installed that version. Also include if you spoofed the version.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Previous firmware version's, or if the console is freshly modded or refurbished (please include manufactor date)
C) Backups played over the past month(and whether they were checked with kreon checker, if not, please check the SS and report the results)
D) Originals played over the past month
E) Method of backing up games (as always, piracy is not tolerable on xbox-scene, so if you have downloaded these games, please do not bother posting.

Thanks to all who have contributed in the past, and those for the future (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)<br/ >

Banned when I turned it on saturday morning 15th about 12-1am

A: Hitachi fk78 with 1.4? flashed with fw toolbox 4.6 2 days before ban
B: The one with fw toolbox 4.5 and first release for fk78
C: Halo 3, kreon checker says its good
D:have only played halo 3 over the past month
E: Kreon Drive 1.00 with schtrom 3.4

This post has been edited by thetrunks: Dec 17 2007, 06:19 AM

CLShortFuse

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »

Banned today 12/16/07
A) iXtreme 1.4 on flashed 12/4/07.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) Hitachi47dj Stock to 2.3r2 stealth firmware a week before Spring Update to iXtreme 1.4 last week.
C) Backups played (in order of play date)
Rock Band
Mass Effect
Ace Combat
Assassin's Creed
Guitar Hero III
Simpsons Game
Orange Box
Beautiful Katamari

All games had good CRCs 'cept of Orange Box and Simpsons Game
D) Rock Band

I think it was the jitter check and/or bad CRC. I was using 2.3r2 afraid to upgrade my firmware for detection reasons. I've never used a non ixtreme compatible game (even before ixtreme came out).  I've been very paranoid about CRC checks and mulleterchecked everything before i burn.  Crap. I'm not a hardcore gamer or anything. I just went through my stack of bad discs. I could go through all the burned games I've used under 2.3r2 and ixtreme. iXtreme 1.4, i've only used rock band original disc. everything i did burned was with 2.3r2. i'm pretty sure it's jitter or the 0 - 359 thing unless 1.4 has a new vulnerability MS found out about.

Oh and I never play burned games online. Not even fully crcchecked ones. I'm 99% sure it's the fall update.

This post has been edited by CLShortFuse: Dec 17 2007, 06:31 AM

notrain

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2007, 10:52:00 PM »

Shortfuse, did you even realize that the 2.3rev2 Firmware for Hitachi Drives did not offer any media stealth features whatsoever? That means even if your games checked out in mulleter, the firmware did not make any use of the stealthfiles you so carefully validated with mulleter.

If memory serves me right, even pressed originals reported bad data on the pre IXtreme Firmware on the Hitachis, so you have been completely unprotected for 6 Months. You could have went to africa and sleep with random women and probably your chance of not catching HIV would probably be better than to not be banned at this pojnt.

Just thought I'd clear this up.

smokey0357

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2007, 11:14:00 PM »

banned had samsung drive with case mod and light mod. had fw version 1.0-5.3 ended at 5.3a. well it was fun bought time they banned me noticed that i did not get banned until after i put in call of duty 4 though all other games played no problems until that game ooh well confirmed bann this morning at 11:30am flashed 5.3a back when it came out

millio007

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2007, 11:15:00 PM »

I have modded plenty xboxs for peeps most of them have been banned

my most recent was a Launch xbox 360 46dj or DH anyway had ix1.4@ 5x

Guy told me he had a cod4 and kane and lynch all checked fine with kreon checker and mulleter

Banned within 1 week seems like fall update has some tight tight security measures

Modded using the xbox power nothing external

Also my Xbox ms25 was banned was using ix1.3@ 5x mostly didn't even bother with 1.4 knew my days was numbered with some bad crc checks with halo3..mass effect and simpsons.

I have another console alive and well and that one is currently on 1.4 samsung ms25

I guess SOmeone has to TOFTT by flashing and just playing originals on Live and see if they get banned

ANYWAY I would like to know if Anyone with a BENQ get banned YET

This post has been edited by millio007: Dec 17 2007, 07:16 AM

Sillyboy18

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 11:20:00 PM »

My friends xbox was ban on the frist waved this winter and he had samsung 5.3 originally done on when the 5.3 iextream came out.  He play halo 3, gears, nascar 08 and cod4.

Then my other friend just got ban on Saturday.  He only played halo 3 and gears and nascar 08. this person has had the 5.1 samsung and survied all bans except the saturday ban.  the only game I know of that both have played is nascar o8.

I know many people xbox that are modded.  When my frist friends when down I thought it was the cod 4 bad rip but its seems other people that I know have cod4 rip and giving that bad kreon rip, thier 360 are fine. I also know couple of people that got bad kreon rips for hl2ob and their fine.

My guess it with the ea games that are coming out latley

I hope this help.

CLShortFuse

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2007, 11:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(notrain @ Dec 17 2007, 12:52 AM) *

Shortfuse, did you even realize that the 2.3rev2 Firmware for Hitachi Drives did not offer any media stealth features whatsoever? That means even if your games checked out in mulleter, the firmware did not make any use of the stealthfiles you so carefully validated with mulleter.

If memory serves me right, even pressed originals reported bad data on the pre IXtreme Firmware on the Hitachis, so you have been completely unprotected for 6 Months. You could have went to africa and sleep with random women and probably your chance of not catching HIV would probably be better than to not be banned at this pojnt.

Just thought I'd clear this up.

2.3rev2 does have stealth features. read up on it again. 2.4 added jitter and ixtreme added anti-firmware detection. 2.3r2 would still do all the stealth implementation. the fall 2006 ban was because people were using non patched discs on xblive. if what you said were true everyone with 2.3r2 would have been banned last fall. c4eva made ixtreme, which makes stealth information mandatory and wouldn't boot nonstealth. all my discs were stealth. the only features i was missing was jitter and and ixtreme 1.2's improved firmguard. i skipped only v2.4 and ixtreme 1.2 and 1.2r2. so it's either because of jitter, hitachi firmguard or bad (or flagged) data on the disc. all my games are stealthpatched.

i forgot to mention. i updated to 1.4 xtreme and then did the fall update. it was probably the firmware update right before halo3 launch (the sceneit controllers one)

This post has been edited by CLShortFuse: Dec 17 2007, 07:40 AM

Hmerly

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 12:32:00 AM »

Latest iExtreme, banned on the 14th after playing Virtua Fighter 5 on the 13th.  System also promptly went RROD after I tried to delete some items from the hard drive, figuring I'd never finish downloading the demos I had queued for download.  Personally, I think MS is doing something new in the new Fall update.  Prior to getting banned, I did not even have my system connected to the internet for the last 3 months.  The VF5 I played was a real copy I rented.  This was a launch system that had worked perfectly until after I got banned.  Could MS be doing something to cause RRoD on systems they ban?  Seem far fetched and maybe I was just hit with RRoD by coincidence.

Toddler

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2007, 11:57:00 PM »

QUOTE(Xbox-Scene @ Dec 16 2007, 07:21 PM) View Post
We even have a few reports of a few trusted people in the community who were banned and had not played anything but a retail copy. As of this moment we do not know if a new security was implemented, or if they are further scrutinizing the already given criteria (SS, DMI, PFI alterations, timings, etc).

I hope this is ok to post here as it may calm some paranoia.  Regarding the "trusted people", MomDad just wrote in #fw that "one had played only originals *recently*, but had played backups in the past, the other not sure if it was ONLY originals."

JUANVAN

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2007, 12:33:00 AM »

Benq have been banned.

#1 M25 Modded 03/06 2.?
Upgraded to 5.2 after first wave with HL3

360 got a bad laser eye and needed to be replaced.
Booted GH III after lens replacement.
Loaded fine
Drove for 5 hrs came home, was banned.

GH III Fine crc check with muller and keron checker
all games done with checker came back fine

then #2 360 m28 5.2B 12/06
Sames games as #1
Still working Fine, plays
Mass Effect back up only and retail Halo 3

Am not upgrading the laser lens untill more info is out about the banning method

Final #3 360 BenQ 1.2IX
Live fine

aIch3mlst

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2007, 12:49:00 AM »

A) 5.2B, Samsung MS 25, Modded when I purchased it in Jan 07.
B ) No previous F/W's
C) NCAA Football 08, Mass Effect.
D) None.
E) X.

BANNED as of 12/16, 10PM PST.

This post has been edited by aIch3mlst: Dec 17 2007, 08:52 AM

Bdan629

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2007, 12:19:00 AM »

A) I have a ms25 Samsung spoofed to a ms25.........loaded with ixtreme 1.4 when I was banned
cool.gif Had ixtreme 1.3 previously
C) Halo 3.  Bad Kreon Rip
D) None, only played the backup halo 3
E) Schtrom360Xtract

note:  I was banned as soon as I upgraded to ixtreme 1.4......not sure if this has anything to do with it

ZakMcRofl

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2007, 01:50:00 AM »

I'm banned as well.

A: Samsung Ixtreme 1.4, originally MS25 but spoofed with the first flash to MS28. Upgraded to 1.4 as soon as it came out.
B: Xtreme 5.x, Ixtreme 1.0, 1.1, 1.2, 1.4
C: All checked against mulleter DB and kreon checker (I'm security paranoid)
D: How does that matter? Different stuff, irrelevant for bans
E: Kreon, Samsung (mixture)

Please make sure to report the full firmware history of your console so we can make sure which Firmwares may be affected.

cypher21

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2007, 02:32:00 AM »

I'm not banned (so far)

But i did want to reply to this since i might have some usefull info:

i've flashed some xboxes of friends of mine, and we are all not banned (last check 11:30 pm gmt)

all xboxes (5pcs) are pretty new, and have not seen any firmware < ixtreme 1.3 (or benq 1.1) and are all updated to 1.4 as of now
all my friends play a lot online, both retail and non-retail

another friend of mine is banned yesterday, but he had xtreme 5.3 as first firmware on his xbox.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 18