xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: New King Kong Exploit  (Read 547 times)

Helliano

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2007, 04:40:00 PM »

QUOTE(cstar114 @ Mar 31 2007, 06:07 AM) View Post

Could you run some benchmark? http://www.geekpatro...-3-performance/

It'll be interesting to see the comparison between ps3 and 360.

Well since we dont have the  graphics driver fixed up yet i find it pretty useless?

hey guys, i have kernel 2858
how can i update it to the one with the bug?
i have gow but dont know if that update is the one with the bugs

Check further back in this thread theres your solution. (download the HD-DVD update and get update your box with it)

xllzerollx

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2007, 06:17:00 PM »

QUOTE(Helliano @ Mar 31 2007, 11:47 PM) View Post

Check further back in this thread theres your solution. (download the HD-DVD update and get update your box with it)

i have the file, i need to know what to do with it

StrictPuppet

• Recovered User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2007, 06:30:00 PM »

QUOTE(xllzerollx @ Mar 31 2007, 05:24 PM) View Post

i have the file, i need to know what to do with it

Unzip the file.
Burn a data cd with the .xex and the folder in the root.
Insert disc into 360.
A message will popup saying an update is needed.
Hit 'a' to confirm.
System will update and reboot.
Remove disc.
Kernel will now be 4532.

seaweed

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2007, 11:58:00 PM »

Nice work! Looking forward to trying this out tonight when i get off work wink.gif

VRiD

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2007, 01:21:00 AM »

This is all great news but I still don't understand can be done with this.
If it runs on frame buffer or something like that does it mean this is very primitive
or with a few fixes this will be able to utilize the full xbox360 power?

turbo-donkey

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #65 on: April 01, 2007, 06:09:00 AM »

QUOTE(bnkiller @ Apr 1 2007, 11:29 AM) View Post

@ turbo-donkey
ms25 ---->  xtreme 5.2a
lg
maxxx

I'm ms25 ----> xtreme 2.0

It seems after a bit more reading that might be more then 0800 stopping the SATA interface from coming up...

Some people say that using the serial loader and enabling 0800 before sending over the kernel works fine, but nothing seems to be working with the readcd loader.

what bugs me is that the kernel starts booting from the CD just fine!

I'm wondering what patching went on to get the slax cd to work with the MS25's in a regular PC? or can 0800 be enabled via an atapi command?

wans

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #66 on: April 01, 2007, 05:06:00 PM »

I have a samsung MS25, pretty sure its flashed with the second package to get released, i never saw a need to update the firmware.  Anyhow, i have managed to boot past the SATA check mention throughout this thread twice, i didnt do anything special it just went through but hung a bit further on.  

Im going to have a mess on with it now, see if i can get it to boot past it again and let you guys know where it hangs, if i remember rightly it was around the time it checks usb.

wans

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2007, 05:42:00 PM »

Ok i had a little play around with the discs, and managed to get it to boot all the way to the prompt.  What i did was after hitting start on the kong title screen, i held the dvd tray so it ejected slowly and replaced discs without the tray reaching full eject, after a secone or so it automaticly pulls the tray back in the machine.

I found that interesting as the flashing light would indicate modeb in Hitatchi drives, although it stops flashing once disc is fully ejected, when holding the tray the light remains flashing untill the disc tray is returned into the drive and the kernel boots.

I have included a picture, taken with the dying breath of my digi cams battery so excuse the flash as i didnt have time to turn it off...

IPB Image

So is it a timming issue with the samsungs?

Alternativley, is it possible to modify the liveCD to look for usb device such as an ipod to do the rest off the booting?  I am a total Linux noob, but cant get enough of all this exploiting!

Hopeful

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #68 on: April 01, 2007, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Tomobobo @ Apr 2 2007, 05:07 AM) View Post

Are those of you who are using the serial connection having issues with the samsung in regards to booting these two recent live cds?

If so, then it's obviously a problem with the livecd.

If not, it's a problem with the New King Kong Exploit shader hack not requiring the samsung to go into 0800 mode before asking for information from the live cd.

Am I being unreasonable coming to these conclusions?

I"m somewhat a layman but that sounds like a great theory to test.

Expert input would be awesome though. I would LOVe to see linux booting on my sammy.

turbo-donkey

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #69 on: April 02, 2007, 02:33:00 AM »

QUOTE(wans @ Apr 2 2007, 12:49 AM) View Post

Ok i had a little play around with the discs, and managed to get it to boot all the way to the prompt.  What i did was after hitting start on the kong title screen, i held the dvd tray so it ejected slowly and replaced discs without the tray reaching full eject, after a secone or so it automaticly pulls the tray back in the machine.

I found that interesting as the flashing light would indicate modeb in Hitatchi drives, although it stops flashing once disc is fully ejected, when holding the tray the light remains flashing untill the disc tray is returned into the drive and the kernel boots.

I have included a picture, taken with the dying breath of my digi cams battery so excuse the flash as i didnt have time to turn it off...

IPB Image

So is it a timming issue with the samsungs?

Alternativley, is it possible to modify the liveCD to look for usb device such as an ipod to do the rest off the booting?  I am a total Linux noob, but cant get enough of all this exploiting!

I've tried that with mine repeatedly but after the shader ejects the drive, if it doesn't get the live CD first it doesnt boot...

QUOTE(Tomobobo @ Apr 2 2007, 05:07 AM) View Post

Are those of you who are using the serial connection having issues with the samsung in regards to booting these two recent live cds?

If so, then it's obviously a problem with the livecd.

If not, it's a problem with the New King Kong Exploit shader hack not requiring the samsung to go into 0800 mode before asking for information from the live cd.

Am I being unreasonable coming to these conclusions?

I've already answered some of that earlier, with the serial loader, putting the drive into 0800 mode before sending the kernel works fine.

And as for the problem being the live CD; the slax disk needed some kind of patching to get it to boot on the TS drives.  but that was in a regular PC not a 360.

I don't think ist the job of the shader hack to require the drive to go into 0800 mode, anyway the shader copes with reading the cd and starting linux just fine...

turbo-donkey

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #70 on: April 04, 2007, 12:17:00 AM »

Wolie's done a kernel only disk that skips the SATA port with the drive attached, but requires an NFS share wih the needed files to boot.

This should help until a fix comes along!!

diNgdoNg

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #71 on: April 05, 2007, 12:12:00 PM »

Unlucky me...     the holy cd refuses to boot     sleep.gif
-  of course my machine meets all the well known requirements
-  backups run smoothly
-  patching iso - patch ok

but booting the patched iso I just get a black screen, even BEFORE reaching the 'start-menu'
 after initially making the usual boot noises the drive freezes in a spinning state

any ideas ...?

Hopeful

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #72 on: April 05, 2007, 01:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(turbo-donkey @ Apr 4 2007, 07:24 AM) View Post

Wolie's done a kernel only disk that skips the SATA port with the drive attached, but requires an NFS share wih the needed files to boot.

This should help until a fix comes along!!

A Few Questions:

1) Is this real?

2) Where can this all be found?

3) Is this for the full distro or the partial one?

4) For laymen, how hard is it to set up an NFS share, and can it be done on windows?

diNgdoNg

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #73 on: April 05, 2007, 03:47:00 PM »

QUOTE(diNgdoNg @ Apr 5 2007, 08:19 PM) View Post

Unlucky me...     the holy cd refuses to boot     sleep.gif
-  of course my machine meets all the well known requirements
-  backup runs smoothly
-  patching iso - patch ok

but booting the patched iso I just get a black screen, even BEFORE reaching the 'start-menu'
 after initially making the usual boot noises the drive freezes in a spinning state

any ideas ...?

I forgot to mention that I actually have a HITACHI drive. The unpatched backup boots just fine, so I can't figure out why it doesn't after the patch returning 'ok' - even on two different systems (4532)

XBoX-ThIZZ

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #74 on: April 05, 2007, 04:38:00 PM »

My kernal 4552 and my rom is modded. I have a samsung drive will it work???
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7