xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: New King Kong Exploit  (Read 546 times)

semajturtle

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2007, 04:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(diNgdoNg @ Apr 5 2007, 02:54 PM) View Post

I forgot to mention that I actually have a HITACHI drive. The unpatched backup boots just fine, so I can't figure out why it doesn't after the patch returning 'ok' - even on two different systems (4532)

I have the same problem as you dingdong. Patched iso just goes to a black screen despite the fact it says patched ok. Normal backup works fine. I'm using gmb-kku.iso. I have my own copy a game but i think they are a pain to backup yourself right?

openxdkman

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #76 on: April 06, 2007, 12:09:00 AM »

CODE

RX
      |
J2B1  1  3  5  7  9  11 13
      X  X  O  O  O  O  X
      X  X  X  X  X  X
      2  4  6  8  10 12
      |        |     |
      TX     +3.3v  GND

semajturtle

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #77 on: April 06, 2007, 10:08:00 PM »

any luck getting it to work ding dong? mine still black screens after i put it in.

tmbinc

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2007, 09:59:00 AM »

QUOTE(openxdkman @ Apr 6 2007, 08:16 AM) View Post

Of course, you don't need a serial device if I manage to make an ethernet loader (but no ETA).
Also, Linux fans with hitachi drives have the cd based loader version now.

The samsung problem is a problem in the linux kernel. Both the shader and xell know how to work with samsung.

Plus XeLL already includes lwip (an IP stack), and can be used to boot via tftp (it's used when no kernel on media is found). XeLL of course can not only load linux, but anything you want.

So you could safe yourself a lot of work by just extending XeLL, maybe by  a GUI to configure network, for people who don't have a serial port.

openxdkman

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #79 on: April 09, 2007, 02:49:00 AM »

But, actually, that would mean insert KK (patched with xorloser readcd shader), run it, eject it, reinsert another cd with new extended xell at lb20, and later, if any crash occur... reboot, eject xell-cd, reinsert KK, run it, eject it, reinsert xell-cd, etc...

Currently, with serial device, you just reboot console and hit start and you are ready for a new attempt.

So if I'm trying to put some ethernet loader in a shader, it's really to avoid all the "eject" & "insert" stuff...

Once again, no ETA.

Since shader has to be small, I won't use tcp/ip. I will use some ugly raw packets technic.

tmbinc

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2007, 07:19:00 AM »

Then why not just remove the eject, and load the full loader from the KK disc? There are plenty of locations where it can be put (for example, just overwrite one of the skipped movies).

openxdkman

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2007, 09:04:00 AM »

Oh... I thought readcd was for reading cd, not a dvd backup (I assumed that since no one suggested this obvious solution... Lol)

Ok... Overpatched kk seems the best thing to try then...

Another question: do you think a cross compiler for cygwin can be done with crosstool? (I've lost myself in that thing... So I'm just writing my own assembler right now... Also I've done some test with gentoo and its compiler, but serial device ports, for example, are protected and any access to them create an access violation... Hacking a protected console, to have a protected linux running... Lol)

I managed to recompile cpas's xell_choice version by downloading it from internet with epiphany brower running in gentoo (my pc acting as dhcp server and gateway) into /gentoo and just typing 'make' (nice...). But the process of testing the result of each compilation is a bit tricky unless I've missed some communication tool in this gentoo livecd... (for now I'm sending an email to myself with the compilation result as attachment, still thru epiphany browser, by logging my web mailbox on internet). Too bad 'ftp' doesn't exist in this gentoo live cd... but I know almost nothing about this gentoo beta live cd, maybe good tools are hidden in there... (maybe I should just download a ftp client source as well and just build a ftp client that will be called automatically by makefile, to save time). Too bad I don't have TWO vulnerable xbox360's, Lol...

So... for making an extended xell version, it's ok (I will see how to have user choose the ip configuration, probably with a tool like miniconf -see PC0 platform forum in off topics forums category- to launch before patching KK).

Now I need knowledge about the right lba number to choose for readcd and where to put the extended xell version in KK backup exactly (I feel somehow blind in that matter...).

joshwaan2k

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2007, 06:44:00 PM »

Hi Guys

Great work on getting this Exploit to work with Linux OS's.

I have the following like many other people. MS28 drive updated to 5.2A firmware + 4532 firmware on PAL
Xbox.

I was wondering how hard would it be to get sound to work with Linux?
Another thing do you guys have full access to the 512MB of system memory when using Linux?

I have a PS3 and run Gentoo on that and I have only got 256 free to use because Sony is not allowing access to the RSX at this present time.

My question is with full access to the system memory Gentoo and Ubutoo should run great correct?

I can't wait till someone get's the Samsung drives to work with this method.

Cheers

Josh

caster420

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2007, 07:05:00 PM »

QUOTE(joshwaan2k @ Apr 10 2007, 08:51 PM) View Post

I can't wait till someone get's the Samsung drives to work with this method.

They do work for linux, but you have to upload boot via tftp or upload via a serial connection.  The issue is that they need to be in 0800 mode to work, which requires loading the enable 0800 disc prior to booting linux.  That is currently the issue....

Afaik, you have access to all of the ram (from what i have read).  I havent run linux yet, as my exploitable box is laying all over my work desk.

Caster.

joshwaan2k

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2007, 07:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(caster420 @ Apr 11 2007, 02:12 AM) View Post

They do work for linux, but you have to upload boot via tftp or upload via a serial connection.  The issue is that they need to be in 0800 mode to work, which requires loading the enable 0800 disc prior to booting linux.  That is currently the issue....

Afaik, you have access to all of the ram (from what i have read).  I havent run linux yet, as my exploitable box is laying all over my work desk.

Caster.

Thanks for that, that's great that all the memory can be accessed, I'm looking forward to running MAME and dosbox with my xbox 360 smile.gif.

What I'm wondering is how much of a speed increase will the video driver give over the framebuffer?

With sound the Xbox's CPU controls all of the sound with a built in codec. Where the old xbox 1 had a dedicaded sound chip. maybe that's why there's no sound as there is no software built for this type of hardware yet.

Joshwaan

stivheys

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #85 on: May 11, 2007, 05:40:00 AM »

hi all this is my first post im quiet new to this but not thick if u no wot i mean lol anyway would it be possible to spoof the firmware of a samsung to a hitachi and then run the exploit etc?

thanks

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #86 on: May 12, 2007, 05:05:00 AM »

the exploit works on both drives, what didnt work in the past was the linux bootloader. but this is also allready fixed

Sonic-NKT

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #87 on: May 13, 2007, 04:26:00 AM »

btw, i just bought KinKong Pal German. its not the classic version, has someone allready tried german pal, and can say this works?
i allready made a backup and also patching with the kk-exploit software worked without problems. now i just need a new dl dvd.

Hope this works this time, the copy i got from a friend just hanged at a black screen. what to do if it is still the same problem?

springysprocket

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2007, 08:36:00 PM »

sry for the noob questions, but can someone explain why an original copy of the game is needed?

and also, clear up how to get TS drives to boot linux?

openxdkman

• Archived User
New King Kong Exploit
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2007, 12:31:00 AM »

The rules of the site are clear. If you talk about piracy you will get suspended or banned.

Thus, whatever you do and post about, you have to start from a legal retail copy.

About German KK, I would bet the 5 main european languages version, known simply as the first PAL version, includes german. I'm using it and it works.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7