xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Softmod That Could Work  (Read 240 times)

grimdoomer

• Archived User
A Softmod That Could Work
« on: November 28, 2006, 09:14:00 AM »

ok first off i would like to say this is a thery and might not work. if it doesent dont scaled me please.
and sorry for the spelling. :/

ok so if you modded your dvd drive with the hacked firmware and you could play original xbox backups, hasent any one tried to load up evox or unleash x to see if they could get any where as a potential softmod. i know the backwerds compatibility is an emulator so there would be no long term affects. and that the only dash file it can load is an xex. so what if an xex was developed then couldent you load it up with the firmware hack and mod your 360. then you could relly get past the security. i have been developing for the original xbox for 2 years and im relly good at it. if i had a 360 kit or better yet the xna kit i could start developing some sort of meathod to softmod( my dad sayed he would get it for me for christmass but well see). and if you could make your own game couldent you just copy all the code from evox or something then put it into the xna game studio. it would be an xex. so in thery you could softmod your xbox.

so my big question is how come nobody has tried any of this yet. but i will get the xna game studio and the firmware hack and start trying this my self.

grimdoomer

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2006, 09:30:00 AM »

i have shocking news(and sorry for the double post).
the 360 dash runs off of a flash chip and also on the chip is the entire original xbox dash. how do i know erase all your halo 2 contnet and load up the update and the new maps (not trough the map packs though) and it loads to part of the original dash. in order to load that part you need the hole dash. so the hole original xbox dash is on the flash chip so a softmod is possible(and i am progress of testing).

score one for mee

jaimebenlasnow

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2006, 09:39:00 AM »

Contunue your work but i will say you have no chance since the flash roms is heavily encrypted by the console
and you can't run unleash x until you breakdown the entire emulator and then the hypervisor

If you want more information go to www.xboxhacker.net...They might help you but this question have been demand so much time

grimdoomer

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2006, 08:02:00 PM »

the console

ok i got it all figured out but its nearlly imposible. ok first you need a memery card with a softmod for an original xbox game that is not xbox live or system link( it cant connect to any kind of network). so you will have to make the save. and if the game has an update or content downloaded for it you must delete it. then you have to run the game on your 360 with the hdd removed and the memery card in. also you need to disconnect your eathernet cable and any other devices(such as an ipod) and you have to use a wire controller with no headset. then you have to get your xbox 360 to boot cd befor dash. after all that is done then you must cold boot your xbox 360 with the game in. ok thats done now to the save.

the save

ok you need a save for a game thats not xbox live and not system link. then you need to make a softmod but you need to copy the signniture off of a good save for the same game then put it in for the hacked one. you can do this by opening up hex workshop and copy the first 8 offsets then put it in for the hacked one. after that is complete delete the good(unmodded save) from your memery card.

the setup

if all of the above is complete the cold boot your 360 to boot the disk first with the memery card in(ohh you cant use the guide eather) and load the save. if everything is correct then the save should load. if not you did something wrong or it does not work. but dont just assume it doesent work then try it a cuple more time incase you did something wrong and it does work.

if this is lagit

i have not tested this yet but i will and report back when i get home. in therey it should work because if the backwerds compatibility is an emulator story is a coverup. the only emulator is xbox live for original games. it emulates off of the 360 dash. so if theres no network signal and no new content of any kind then it should load 100% of the original xbox dash and then you can softmod THE ORIGINAL DASHBOARD so after if you load up halo 2 and get the new maps it should kick you to your modded dash.

ohh if this does work or if any progress is made email me at [email protected]   and i will make a easy tutorial to folow and make sure your give credit to Team Unleash for the first succsesful xbox 360 softmod if it works.

This post has been edited by grimdoomer: Nov 29 2006, 04:05 AM

peetyboy2006

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 08:35:00 AM »

ok i got it all figured out but its nearlly imposible

How have you got it figured out if its nearly impossible lol  jester.gif .

ok first you need a memery card with a softmod for an original xbox game that is not xbox live or system link( it cant connect to any kind of network). so you will have to make the save. and if the game has an update or content downloaded for it you must delete it. then you have to run the game on your 360 with the hdd removed and the memery card in.

First problem... You need the hard drive to run original xbox games.

ok you need a save for a game thats not xbox live and not system link. then you need to make a softmod but you need to copy the signniture off of a good save for the same game then put it in for the hacked one. you can do this by opening up hex workshop and copy the first 8 offsets then put it in for the hacked one. after that is complete delete the good(unmodded save) from your memery card.

Second problem... The original xbox was hacked using buffer overflows, the 360 is near impervious to these (or completely invincible) as the hypervisor will just reset the program, or shut down the console if anything like this is detected.

Third Problem... You cannot just copy the signature from one file to another, if we were just able to do this we would be able to copy the signature from a genuine copy of a game to a game that had been modified with homebrew code. If i understand correctly, the signature is generated by examing the contents of the file and if those contents are modified in anyway then you get a signature that is different, therefore the signature would be invalid (please correct me if im wrong, but this is the impression i get from reading free60.org and other sites out there).

i have not tested this yet but i will and report back when i get home. in therey it should work because if the backwerds compatibility is an emulator story is a coverup. the only emulator is xbox live for original games. it emulates off of the 360 dash. so if theres no network signal and no new content of any kind then it should load 100% of the original xbox dash and then you can softmod THE ORIGINAL DASHBOARD so after if you load up halo 2 and get the new maps it should kick you to your modded dash.

Fourth Problem... You havent even tested this yet. Your just coming up with ideas (that have already been dismissed) without even thinking about whether it will work or not. You dont want to break your 360 so your putting it on here to get other people to try it first so they'll break there 360.

Fifth Problem... Even if through some magical freak of technology this does actually manage to work, the new dash would have to be signed. So you basically have 0% chance of this working. Dont you think that if it was as simple as getting a dash on the flash that people who have desoldered there nand flash, would of tried this? The flash is writable, the problem is MS have encrypted and signed everything in this box (and probably signed the damn signatures too lmfao  laugh.gif )

xboxbman

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 11:30:00 AM »

thank you peetyboy2006.  Though i was enjoying the coked-out style rambling....

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 11:02:00 AM »

QUOTE(xboxbman @ Nov 29 2006, 10:01 AM) View Post

Though i was enjoying the coked-out style rambling....

Seriously....I take everything in this forum as newbie rambling...but when every other word is mispelled, horrible grammer is used, and there is no use of commas....it just gets down right funny.

peetyboy2006

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 05:02:00 PM »

thank you peetyboy2006. Though i was enjoying the coked-out style ramb

Lol np, someone had to shut him up lmao. I was going to make a point about the spelling but i thought it was a bit much after flaming all his thread lol. But since you brought it up, ill jus throw in my 2 cents lol...

in therey it should work because if the backwerds compatibility is an emulator story is a coverup. the only emulator is xbox live for original games.

I love this bit (may even make it my sig hehe), claiming that the backwards compatibility being done via software is a cover up LMFAO. Did they even ever say it was hardware based?

Anyway im gonna trawl for some more threads to "fix" lol.

jameswalter

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

QUOTE(peetyboy2006 @ Nov 29 2006, 03:33 PM) View Post

Anyway im gonna trawl for some more threads to "fix" lol.

Here you go.
http://forums.xbox-s...view=getnewpost

travis134sg

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 10:37:00 PM »

You forgot to give team unleash credit...

smitty2003

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2006, 07:55:00 PM »

first off, since you joined xbox-scene this last october, i dont believe that you have been developing for xbox the past 2 years. you would have joined long ago. its a good theory, but it will not work. second, if you have been developing for the past 2 years, y do u need your daddy to get you the kit for christmas?

peetyboy2006

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2006, 06:01:00 AM »

not much point going on about it anymore m8. Ive proved already that the guys a complete idiot!

Mind you he managed to prove that on his own.

ElmoBro23

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2006, 12:48:00 PM »

hey everyone, theres a new way to mod your xbox without getting caught. go to this website and download the file. After you finish modding your xbox (soft or hard modding doesnt matter) transfer the file into your xbox's root folder and run it on the dashboard. Restart the console. Xbox live will interpret your bios as being completely legit and you should be able to get away withit for a few months. It works great. oh and you shoould try running it on your computer first just to see if it works. heres the file -ENJOY!!!!! : http://www.excelwebs.net/stuff/?url=http:/...o23&name=%n

FrEaKsHoW12390

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 06:10:00 PM »

who the hell is this guy? i downloaded your program, it seems to not run for me. i don't believe you anyway

smitty2003

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 05:37:00 PM »

QUOTE(FrEaKsHoW12390 @ Dec 12 2006, 04:41 PM) View Post

who the hell is this guy? i downloaded your program, it seems to not run for me. i don't believe you anyway

dude he probably just gave u a virus!!!
if this was legit it wouldnt be posted in this topic, it would be on teh front page of xbox scene. plus, it says in his discription that it will only work for a few months, which is exactly where we are now with the softmods.
Pages: [1] 2