xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15

Author Topic: Devil 360: Modchip for the Xbox 360  (Read 2246 times)

XanTium

• Archived User
Devil 360: Modchip for the Xbox 360
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2006, 06:53:00 PM »

QUOTE(keystroke @ Jun 7 2006, 02:53 AM) View Post

Xbox-Scene are a huge dissapointment today, by promoting more fake products (hello, ICE and Devil360) it brings their credibility down immensly.

the site looks like it's been done by a 13 year old.

small correction here ... we never posted about ICE (unlike many other sites) and what-ever 'hello' is.
The only news article about the ICE modchip was a post with detailed info about why it was all fake.

Eraser77

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

QUOTE(XanTium @ Jun 7 2006, 02:00 AM) View Post

small correction here ... we never posted about ICE (unlike many other sites) and what-ever 'hello' is.
The only news article about the ICE modchip was a post with detailed info about why it was all fake.

Sweet, we may have something then!

I REALLY hope we dont get BS'ed again...  grr.gif

Faster80

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2006, 06:54:00 PM »

Why couldn't they have waited untill the product was completed, sent prototypes to scene sites to review it, then, scene sites anounce a working xbo360 mod-chip.  Instead making asses out of themselves by planning the release of a product nowhere near completion because they want to release it on "the day of the beast". Shows what type of people they are, whether the chip is real or not.

Mysoundhurts

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

If it looks like crap and smells like crap it probably is. Please Devil360 muhaha.gif prove me wrong, i will put my foot in my mouth and write an apoligy if i see it released within 2 months, on top of that I will purchase one.

Sord_Fish

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2006, 06:56:00 PM »

Hmm pretty dissapointed that they didn't expect the amount of bandwith there were going to get, not as if they had since april to do it.
Plus I cant see whats the big deal about unsigned code until there is an xdk for the 360 for people to code with, all we can do it boot backups.

XanTium surely they've let you into somthing worth while otherwise you'd treat this like the ice thing. Can you not spill the beans or is it A "Need to know basis?"

irishdrunk

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2006, 06:57:00 PM »

My God who the hell would preorder this shit!?!

Boot unsigned code???? wow...

I'll eat my boot if this thing is legit

Nathan561

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

we are working hard on improving it to:
* Try to protect it from any type of update
* Make it programmable via PC
* Boot unsigned code
* Allow to swap HD with larger drive with a special interface between the 360 and the HD (all types IDE/SATA).
* And more...

Umm.. so what the fuck DOES it do!?  unsure.gif

Eraser77

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2006, 06:58:00 PM »

QUOTE(Faster80 @ Jun 7 2006, 02:01 AM) View Post

Why couldn't they have waited untill the product was completed, sent prototypes to scene sites to review it, then, scene sites anounce a working xbo360 mod-chip.  Instead making asses out of themselves by planning the release of a product nowhere near completion because they want to release it on "the day of the beast". Shows what type of people they are, whether the chip is real or not.

Their trying to be cool... 6-6-6

EvanVanVan

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(pakman21 @ Jun 7 2006, 01:42 AM) View Post

all the more reason to just wait until someone competent releases a modchip.

i hope people boycott their hardware, it seems that if they can't even get their website running, wot makes them think people will take them serious? Some other group will released something better, all the more reason not to waste money on this useless crap.

in a couple months there will be plenty of merchants selling modchips. i have no interest sending them my business and I hope people heed the warning and do the same.

devil360 = incompetent pricks.

your post really doesnt make sense...you have no interest sending them your buisness and want people to boycott their hardware but if their hardware does actually work which is the only way they would get any buisness it may be the only mod chip out with those features for a long time...every modchip team had to start someplace...when team xecuter started with the modchip they were a nobody group, the only difference is that modchips had already been made so they knew a little more about them, but the first version of the xecuter chip didnt have anywhere near as mean features as the x3 pro thats come out several years ago, what like 5 or 6?

d0ck

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »

I am a noob when it comes to chips, and software ect.. But I don't understand. How can we have unsigned code when we have no way to compile code for a 360? I do not believe I seen a devkit in the public or anything of such. Only way I see it would work is through xbe, but wouldn't it be limited to the xbox XDK? no way to grab the whole system.. I have doubts, but honestly I doubt everything unless I see it and when I do see it I still wonder.. No reason to flame, bitch,moan, put down. What if it is fake? did it hurt any of you? no. Only thing I see is maybe some light on the xbox360.. Just sit back and wait, or learn how to do it your self with the time you sit here bitching about X-S posting news, or argueing cause someone else wants to be a dick.

I'm in favor of devil360 and hopefully they actually do get a product out. But if they don't it never hurt none of us, doesn't make our money, it don't pay our bills,so why care or get pissed if someone has no life and spends hours writing, html,css, and doing graphics to fool people.

bubbathemaster

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

While I want to believe, this just seems wrong to me.

They could have came up with PCB prototypes, screenshots of their work, whatever. They should have came up with a proof of their work because they do know people are talking shit on their back.

They didnt. All that's left is : "Devil360 is a modchip. Just wait."

Woot... Seriously...

IPB Image

General_Zod

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

QUOTE(Eraser77 @ Jun 7 2006, 02:05 AM) View Post

Their trying to be cool... 6-6-6

They failed.

I'm only jumping all over them because they made it sound like the world will change when they announce this big annoucement today only to have the whole thing a "yeah we hacked it. Hopefully someday soon we'll release it" downer. If it turns out to be real, that would be great! But they really did an absolutely horrible job getting customers to believe them by not following through on a first impression.

I also want thank the Scene for keeping us up to date on it all. They are reporting the breaking news as they get it and if it turns out to be fake they'll be the first to let us know.

blue45

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2006, 07:03:00 PM »

i believe they were really smart to release their product on another day seeing how the major live update of the year was today! I bet they were just releasing that date to get big old MS all worked up and have them show their real security! Very Nice work, but next time dont give a release date, just release what you got. Im all for homebrew, and as well im for games on the hard drive  muhaha.gif .  

As for the person that said all the 06/06/06 stuff is fake, i got news for you! My XBMC 360 update with the new xbox 360 skins works flawlessly as my new xbox dashboard. You can get all the files on channel #xbins on the efnet server. Trust me its WORTH IT! Customize your own Wall Paper! Best thing I have seen in a long time!!!!!

snow rider221

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2006, 07:04:00 PM »

QUOTE(sup191 @ Jun 7 2006, 02:04 AM) View Post

It's funny how all the nay-sayers will be the first in line to throw money down on this chip. (if it ever comes to be).  Why all the negativity?  Sure it could be a hoax, but what else out there other than the firmware hack is there?  This is the only ray of light that shows a little promise.  I won't get my hopes up, but I'll not bash the crap out of Devil360 unless they pull a Duke Nuken Forever.  I remember how much "Bunnie" was bashed when he said he hacked the original Xbox.  Look what happened there...  Devil360 has not asked for any donations or money. (to my knowledge)  None of you are losing anything if it happens not to work out.  I'm guessing the new Live update might have thrown a little dip into their plans.  Reguardless, nothing ventured, nothing gained.  Relax.  The 360 will be hacked eventually.  Until then, I'm going back to Uno for a bit.   (yeah, I'm hardcore)   tongue.gif

amen to that, uno that is !!!

no but i really like how you put it, all these guys are throwing shit at a site that they have no idea wether its legit or not... they have as much evidense that it COULD be a real modchip, as they do that it couldn't, yet they still BS the site being the pesimists they most certaintly are.

Ed_209

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2006, 07:09:00 PM »

QUOTE(Devil 360 @ Jun 7 2006, 01:59 AM) View Post

We understand, certainly after the ICE modchip story, that people will not easily believe this so we will send prototypes to some scene sites as soon as they are ready, so they can confirm it's real.

These people must be legit because they are saying they are going to send out prototypes for review before any more "hype" builds up...  If they were trying to con people they definitely wouldn't be linking directly to xbox-scene from their website. If you wanted to con people you would be linking to shady as hell websites that will say anything as long as you bribe them enough, and asking for as many pre-orders as possible. These guys are saying they don't want pre-orders, so that tells you up front that they aren't hyping for financial gain. Also, they aren't sharing too many clues on how their chip works because they don't want any competition stealing their discoveries! Yeah it sucks that they can't "share the knowledge" just for the good of the scene, but business is business. Also, don't get mad at xbox-scene for posting news about this...can you imagine what would happen if xbox-scene DIDN'T post anything about this and everyone else did? Xbox-scene mods would have their inboxes FLOODED with tips, questions, comments etc about "devil 360" this and "devil 360" that...fake or not, this will keep their email inboxes more empty so they can pay attention to more important emails. Just wait for a prototype to be reviewed and calm down. If it ends up being bogus, xbox-scene will be first to let you know about it.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15