xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 2009 Holiday Bundle, (lego Batman/pure)  (Read 98 times)

craz3d

• Archived User
2009 Holiday Bundle, (lego Batman/pure)
« on: January 09, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

No.  Read at least one guide on the subject and you would have found out this information without having to ask.  Right now it is impossible to utilize this exploit and probably won't be any time soon.

moonknight

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 07:29:00 PM »

Yea I did read a couple. It says that Jaspers can be Jtagged. So I thought mine had the possibility of being Jtagged. But it also said something about the Kernal, which I have no idea what it is. As you can tell I'm a newbie, actually just bought my Xbox last week.

But the main reason I want it Jtagged is so that I can play homebrew. Is there another way for the people with newer consoles to enable homebrew?

craz3d

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 07:41:00 PM »

To find the kernel version, you need to go to the system settings window under "My XBOX"  then you scroll down to "system info" and you can see your software versions there.

Your only option now for backups is to modify your DVD drive's firmware.  This will only allow you to play backup copies of your retail games.

moonknight

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 07:58:00 PM »

If I flash my firmware can I still go on Live Arcade and buy games?? Or will Microsoft ban me because the firmware is flashed?

craz3d

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 09:04:00 PM »

At the moment you should not connect any system modified in any way to play backups, etc. to XBOX Live because you run the risk of getting banned.

moonknight

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2010, 12:06:00 AM »

So I can't even go into Live Arcade to purchase games??? I won't be playing any games online. So should I purchase all the games I want first before flashing my firmware??

craz3d

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 11:55:00 AM »

Yep, that is correct.

Ranger72

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 04:50:00 PM »

As long as your console has a manufacture date of June 18 2009 or earlier it can be jtaged. Anything after that date and it will have the CB updated even f it still has the older kernel.