xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13

Author Topic: 'Hello World' - First Public Homebrew Code Running via Hypervisor Expl  (Read 1705 times)

4real*leb

• Archived User
'Hello World' - First Public Homebrew Code Running via Hypervisor Expl
« Reply #75 on: March 02, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »

I have the damn 4552 firmware, but hopefully there will be a workaround for it. I cant wait for the emulation, ps2, dreamcast, n64, maybe even the wii, doubt ps3 though.
When we say "blew" an efuse does this mean that the update physically damaged it to an unrepairable state, or that the efuse is just not being used by the updated firmware.

Fragreaver

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: March 02, 2007, 09:27:00 AM »

If there would be only a way to rip the efuse-depency out of the older firmwares  flamethrower.gif

Helliano

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: March 02, 2007, 09:25:00 AM »

QUOTE(4real*leb @ Mar 2 2007, 05:27 PM) View Post

I have the damn 4552 firmware, but hopefully there will be a workaround for it. I cant wait for the emulation, ps2, dreamcast, n64, maybe even the wii, doubt ps3 though.
When we say "blew" an efuse does this mean that the update physically damaged it to an unrepairable state, or that the efuse is just not being used by the updated firmware.

There probably wont be any Wii or PS3, maybe not even a GC. Its too hard to make a emulator for that amount of code. Sure its possible but for it to be downloaded it needs to be free....

about the fuse, get back to page 5 and read.

QUOTE(ConteZero76 @ Mar 2 2007, 05:18 PM) View Post

It's been already told but I'll say it once more...

eFuses are INSIDE the CPU, and there's NO WAY to downgrade because PRE 4552 firmwares required that fuse to be NOT BLOWN to start.

There are no way to tell that yet, remember several amount of people trying to developing this as we speak. However one thing is sure, you cant recover the eFuse.

benjmole

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2007, 10:02:00 AM »

Hey, people.
This Really Is Great News!
Would anyone, be a dear and post the compiled code for me?
This would be of rather a large amount of use to me.

MANY THANKS!

mike96sc2

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2007, 10:05:00 AM »

When the only hack we have currently involves a serial port and a kernel version most do not have I find it difficult to believe it will go too far. It will be fun for poking around for new vulnerbilities, but call me skeptical if I see this opening up the pandoras box everyone thinks.

xcalixxryderx

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2007, 10:25:00 AM »

anyone know where to get a serial port adapter (3v) ?

nevermind i believe i found one

d-range

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2007, 10:21:00 AM »

QUOTE(Helliano @ Mar 2 2007, 05:32 PM) View Post

There probably wont be any Wii or PS3, maybe not even a GC. Its too hard to make a emulator for that amount of code. Sure its possible but for it to be downloaded it needs to be free....

Nonsense. A few NGC emulators for the PC already exist that can play or partially play commercial games. The Wii is just an NGC in terms of hardware architecture, only faster. And ofcourse it has the special remote but that has been reverse engineered completely as well already.

Considering the raw power of a 360 I'm 100% sure full speed NGC *and* WII emulation should be possible. Not easy, but possible.

infamous_Q

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2007, 10:40:00 AM »

QUOTE(d-range @ Mar 2 2007, 12:28 PM) View Post

Considering the raw power of a 360 I'm 100% sure full speed NGC *and* WII emulation should be possible. Not easy, but possible.

i agree. the hardest part would be configuring the remote control stuff, but even then it would just take time. i may be wrong, but i think the wii is only running a 1 core processor at under 1ghz isn't it? i'm pretty confident that the 360's total of 6 cores (i think its 6) running at 3.2ghz each could run a wii emulator at full speed...but only time will tell.

ps3...never. cell architecture is already a bitch to program for, programming an emulator for one would be ridiculous.

Millenia1x

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2007, 10:53:00 AM »

impossible
not even the ps2 can be emulated correctly because computers do not have enough raw power yet
so how can the xbox 360 with only 512 mb of ram even compete
i can only get so far with ps2 emulation with my pc whcih has a amd x2 64 6000+ cpu and 2 geforce 8800(sli) with 8 gb of ram

you can forget it for 360

its totally impossible

and the 360 does not have 6 cores it has 3

Raven2x

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2007, 11:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(Millenia1x @ Mar 2 2007, 06:53 PM) *

impossible
not even the ps2 can be emulated correctly because computers do not have enough raw power yet
i can only get so far with ps2 emulation with my pc whcih has a amd x2 64 6000+ cpu and 2 geforce 8800(sli) with 8 gb of ram

its totally impossible

yeah about that... the reason why it cannot be "emulated correctly" is because pcsx2 is not done yet...
just try running FFX (a very compatible game) and it will run full speed on your rig 100%

smair1984

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2007, 11:06:00 AM »

Millenia1x that may be the dumbest comment I have read on this site.  Do you recall that the 360 emulates the original Xbox to play the games?  The Xbox is much more powerful than the PS2, ergo, the PS2 could easily be emulated.  It's just a matter of time before a fully working program is created.

Raven2x

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2007, 11:08:00 AM »

Once PCSX2 is at a better stage and 360 homebrew is at a better stage, we will have PS2 emulation on the 360. It's only a matter of time.

infamous_Q

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2007, 11:05:00 AM »

QUOTE(Millenia1x @ Mar 2 2007, 12:53 PM) View Post

impossible

its totally impossible

sorry bout that, i thought it was 3 dual core processors totalling 6 cores. but it's 3 cores running 2 hardware threads at once. my bad.
also...GC is less powerful than the ps2, wii only has a faster main processor.

QUOTE(smair1984 @ Mar 2 2007, 01:06 PM) View Post

Millenia1x that may be the dumbest comment I have read on this site.  Do you recall that the 360 emulates the original Xbox to play the games?  The Xbox is much more powerful than the PS2, ergo, the PS2 could easily be emulated.  It's just a matter of time before a fully working program is created.

also a good point.

Fragreaver

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(smair1984 @ Mar 2 2007, 07:06 PM) View Post

Yep, but you forget some things...

1. Microsoft has the complete specifications and instruction-sets of the console
2. There are programmers way more talented at Microsoft (I hope so, at least -lol-)

Viper323

• Archived User
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2007, 11:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(Millenia1x @ Mar 2 2007, 01:53 PM) View Post

impossible

its totally impossible

That is only because the current PS2 emulators are incredibly inefficient, not because current computers / the 360 don't have enough power to emulate the games.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 13