xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]

Author Topic: Xbox Homebrew and Larger HD on Xbox 360 - Is it possible?  (Read 3404 times)

Hack_kid

• Archived User
Xbox Homebrew and Larger HD on Xbox 360 - Is it possible?
« Reply #435 on: June 28, 2006, 01:20:00 PM »

complete bs. even with wired controller it shows the shut down controller its just grayed out. You notice both programs running you can take screenshots in? they probably took screen shots loaded em fullsecreen in XBMC then pressed start and went to the shutdown tab. I can re-create that in like 5 min. How about the fact that the 360 doesnt use .xbe files which surreal is.

just my 02 cents

Hack_kid

oddname

• Archived User
« Reply #436 on: June 28, 2006, 01:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(Hack_kid @ Jun 28 2006, 09:27 PM) View Post

complete bs. even with wired controller it shows the shut down controller its just grayed out. You notice both programs running you can take screenshots in? they probably took screen shots loaded em fullsecreen in XBMC then pressed start and went to the shutdown tab. I can re-create that in like 5 min. How about the fact that the 360 doesnt use .xbe files which surreal is.

just my 02 cents

Hack_kid

How about the fact that it might be emulated? Afaik all xbox1 games use xbe

just my 02cents

Justincredibal

• Archived User
« Reply #437 on: June 28, 2006, 01:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(BlackOmega @ Jun 28 2006, 03:18 PM) View Post

http://www.team-xecuter.com/

If team Xcuter says it´s real, them it probably is.

As for Xbox 1 software running on the 360, BIG DEAL, it´s just a matter of doing some quick tweaks to the source code, re-compile it using the 360´s SDK, done, there you have it, avalaunch for the 360.

Now, I hope the ppl over XBMC port their soft to the 360 and give us a nice media center capable of playing HD WMV/H.264/HD-Divx and other stuff that my Xbox1 is not fast enough to play.

Yup the guy with 5 posts knows how to make homebrew run on the 360. Im glad we got this break through! ALL WE HAVE TO DO IS "doing some quick tweaks to the source code, re-compile it using the 360´s SDK, done".

Shutup B-Word.

crispwarez

• Archived User
« Reply #438 on: June 28, 2006, 02:04:00 PM »

how about u all wait and see

killab138

• Archived User
« Reply #439 on: June 28, 2006, 01:29:00 PM »

i'll bet they got in a time machine, went back to 1975,
kicked bruce springstein in the nuts, then stole his pants,
jumped back in the time machine, went to 1992,
cut off billy ray cirus' mullet, punched him in his throat,
bought a issue of MAD,rolled it up real tight,
shoved it up their ass,went in the future to 2025,
pooped it out, wrote themselves a letter,
left duct taped it to the poop, got back in the time machine,
took a picture of your mom naked,then went to 1981
bought stock in m.s., went back again to hang out with jesus,
came back to 2006 and this all happened as a result.
this is exactly how it happened and i dare anyone to prove me wrong
 biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

p.s i am currently taking twelve different medications....

....shhhhhh...the beavers can hear us!!!!

Schmoozer

• Archived User
« Reply #440 on: June 28, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

I believe these pictures to be true, and I will soon have to go get a Xbox360! biggrin.gif

juanman

• Archived User
« Reply #441 on: June 28, 2006, 01:39:00 PM »

ok first off i would like to make the suggestion that to whoever posts anymore of the "look, i hacked my ps2/computer/gamecube/microwave to use the 360 guide" needs to be muted. nothing but pointless crap that has been posted before, obviously.
next up, all the retards saying about how to do it, if you dumbasses would have read even 5 other pages of posts, you would have seen this has already been covered, youre not a clever little genious  who thinks they found out how to do it
next
its real, the major people in the scene have confirmed it (ie hsd, xantium, xboxexpert, etc...), team xecuter have confirmed it (who is team x you might ask, well look some of the MAJOR and REPUTABLE modchip producers, im sure youll stumble upon who team xecuter is), and so has team avalaunch

one of the possible reasons why they didnt release it could be this, dont you think they have bugs to work out and have to improve the code and make it more stable? you know programs and apps arent released as soon as they are made, ever hear of things called alpha and beta testing? yea, this is when they test it out to work out any flaws. ever think this is what theyre doing?

if what everyone has been saying is true, it points to that the backward compatibilty has be exploited, hence why there was no need for a 360 version of avalaunch, it was just exploited and the regular version is being ran via back compat mode.
but for xboxexpert, he said that the surreal 64 in the pictures is not like what has ever seen before, which says its a new version, whihc i thiks could go like this

back compat mode exploited -> avalaunch launched -> 360 apps are then launched from avalaunch (programs made to run natively on the 360, not in back compat mode) -> hence the never before seen version of surreal 64, it is a version built for the 360  wink.gif

well theres what ive gathered from reading the 50+ pages of crap......

Terdinglage

• Archived User
« Reply #442 on: June 28, 2006, 02:22:00 PM »

Sick of all the repetition, I decided to throw together a thorough summary of the entirety of this thread.  There is about 59 pages worth of bullshit and one page worth of facts.  So pull up a chair, grab some (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif) , and sit back and enjoy the show:

Dumbass Things
1. It's the 360 Skin for XBMC!!!! <- I don't think this requires an explaination. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
2. Its photoshopped, look I can make the dashboard pic. <- Well of course you can but try doing that system tab so perfectly, I once again reiterate this point.
3. How can a source be both annonymous and trusted? <- Trusted to the mods, but doesnt want to be public and get anally raped by m$.
4. Isn't there a turn off controller button in the guide? <- Check for yourself, there isn't one for a wired controller.
5. How can he possibly have taken a screenshot of the 360 screen? <- OMFG, havent you heard of a capture card.
6. But they dont make 500 GB Sata HDs! <- Who said it had to be SATA?!?!?
7. Why havent they shown a useful menu rather than the shutdown <- Those with 360s know the full Xbox Guide capabilites are not available in during Xbox 1 emulation.
8. "the font is wrong" <- What the hell is this person talking about...
9. I'm sure there are several more, but I don't have time to look them all up...

The Theorys
1. Ultimately, the only theory gathered by these mounds of posts on the actual functionality of the exploit was simple.  The hack was accomplished by cracking the Xbox 1 emulator used by the 360 for backwards compatability to make it launch none other than the dashboard Avalaunch.  It is probably a software-based exploit rather than hardware, and is obiously still in a state which one would consider alpha, but basically getting Avalaunch to launch means any of the old Xbox homebrew is fair game.
2. An interesting theory I read about on why we have so little information is that the Scene is waiting for a big Fourth of July release to celebrate the Independece of the Xbox 360.  So, in essence, this thread remains unlocked and we remain in the dark so all the big scene members and devs can look back at it and laugh.
3. That this is somehow related to Devil360 and it turns out Devil's "small security hole" was real and they just go unsigned code booting and wanted to taunt the world.  Not something I personally believe, but hey...

The Facts
1. The news was from a trusted source, one who has XanTium's, and the rest of Xbox-Scene's trust.
2. Team Xecuter supported the legitimacy of the hack by posting the following on their site:
QUOTE(Team-Xecuter)
Xbox-Scene.com post this article today regarding some pictures (LINK)

Some ppl were screaming fake - we can assure you they are real - some way to go yet in various areas. But yes you can see a larger HDD and Avalaunch in the screenshots - no photoshop going on there  
3. Team Avalaunch also supported the hack, by posting this on their webpage:
QUOTE(Team Avalaunch)
We at Team Avalaunch would just like to take a moment to congratulate the individual(s?) who were able to take the screenshots that many of us have now seen over on X/S. We are proud of the voracity that xbox modders have shown, and even prouder that they would choose Avalaunch as a test bed. We look forward to the future and the many new applications that will follow.
4. Maxconsole also supported the existance of the hack, by posting the following on their blog:
QUOTE(Maxconsole)
Team Xecuter Confirm Validity Of 360 Larger Hard Drive & Avalaunch On 360 Pics!

Pfffft, as if us giving you our word that the pictures of an Xbox 360 recognizing larger hard drives and running Xbox 1 homebrew wasn't enough, the world renowned Xbox/360 hackers (not really 360 yet we know) over at Team Xecuter have gone and asssured the whole scene that the pics are real and there is absolutely no photoshopping trickery going on. So you have our word, you have Team Xecuter's word - now do you believe ? We sure hope so!

Summary
1. If I had to sum EVERYTHING up, I would say that this is in fact real, and will have a HUGE impact on the scene.  We will be able to continue from our previous progress with the Xbox 1, but getting to utilize a much more impressive array of resources and CPU power at our disposal.  And for the pirates out there, this probably wont lead to the effective game loading we so enjoy on the Xbox 1, but you have the DVD Firmware hack for that one  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif) .

And just to entertain the other possiblity of it being fake I will say one thing.  Let us all hope it isnt, because not only will we have lost a hack of amazing potential, but the credibility of the entire Xbox Scene may take a blow from which it cannot recover.

That's it, now you all have a good night (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) .

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #443 on: June 28, 2006, 02:25:00 PM »

Thread suspended for the time being.
Too many posts of stupid photoshop images and flaming and nonsense posts.
Too many to sort out.
Don't start this discussion any where else.
If this is to be allowed to run it will be re-opened after checking with admin on this and there will be posting rules.
Someone had to stick their head above the parapet. Guess its me.

HSDEMONZ

• Archived User
« Reply #444 on: June 30, 2006, 08:54:00 PM »

http://www.xbox-scen...kFViKlLFEvr.php

Xantium posting that news article 3+ days ago sure has stirred up a hornet nest.

While I should not be commenting on this.. I feel I must clear the air and make a statement, one that will satisfy many of the naysayers.. while probably pushing a few more to further debate and denounce the pictures as fakes.

XS, is a forum, a loose community of like minded people enjoying and tinkering and tweaking the Xbox and Xbox 360 consoles. Our community, while mandated to publicly be a English speaking site, is made up of a huge cornucopia of people from different backgrounds, cultures, and languages/dialects.

English is NOT the native language for many of our readers, members, and posters. With that being said, Xantium’s native language is not English. His written English is better than most “native” English people I know. But at times, little things slip by.

People have been commenting a lot on a comment he made..

“Look what we received today from an anonymous, but trusted, source ...”

Allow me a minute to better explain this comment. There are a number of ways he could have worded this better.. that would have stayed many of the negative feedback/comments people have been making. That’s water under the bridge. While we at XS do strive to try and give you the most professional XS news page and articles we can, we aren’t perfect. Errors, omissions, and sometimes slight (and sometimes glaring) grammatical errors slip in. We accept that. We strive for perfection, but we do fall short.

I won’t sit here and speak for Xantium. He doesn’t need me to do that for him.. nor anyone for that matter. However, I would like to clarify the comment regardless.

Those pics, are from someone that Xantium trusts. There are not many people in the scene that he trusts. There are also not that many people that he’d go to bat for, and protect in this manner. (I assure you.. it’s a temporary but necessary measure). Xantium feels we need to continue, at least for the meantime further with-hold some info like the source’s name, etc.. that that’s good enough for me. It should be good enough for many of you.

Most of you wouldn’t have modded you box, or done a lot of the things you have without this site that Xantium have carefully crafted and planned out and made available to you.

Xantium RARELY gets the credit he deserves. He doesn’t mind sitting back, quietly observing, quietly serving, knowing that he has made a community here to be proud of.

He had the vision.. and the gumption to made a site, make a plan, and work that plan into the XS you see today.

Angerwound, The Joker, MomDad, Team Xecuter, Team Avalaunch, Xantium in various ways have all said this is legit.  Add my name to that list. Guys like Sniperkilla on IRC have further detailed how this is legit and possible.  

When Xantium is ready, and when the team that has done the amazing accomplishment are ready to reveal the full scope of their work and the results thereof, XS will be here.. and we will post the Full Monty so to speak.

For those that are concerned that XS posted the news in this manner for profit, I’m not sure how to comment. I will say this though.. that every single article, not just this one, helps bring people, and help to continue to bring people back to the news page. When people visit the XS news page, and to a lesser extent the forums, there are various forms of ads.

XS is supported by ads from our sponsors. We do appreciate the support of those sponsors, and hope that the membership does avail themselves of the deal that can be had by clicking on a sponsor when you see fit.

However, we do not force anyone to view ads, We also do not endorse or condone pop-up or under ads, and have worked hard to control and prevent those type of ads.

Ads, keep XS alive. Xs, and all of the scene sites we directly host and support, need that money. However, as a user you are free (and sometimes encouraged if ads bother you) to use AD block type of technology.

The Users of XS are some of the most tech savy people I’ve met.. and if they weren’t when they first arrive.. they quickly become so.

XS, does NOT make any money unless you choose to participate and interact with an ad, and make a purchase, or click an ad, etc.

So, while we will never post a story to jerk your chain and just to drive up hits (we get plenty, we are the biggest site in the world for what we do) I, nor Xantium, would outright lie or deceive to get your attention.

The news post, while maybe not as detailed as we’d like to have post.. was a necessary evil.

We were damned if we do, damned if we don’t. If we posted absolutely nothing.. we’d be accused of holding back, withholding information. If we post everything, other shit on us and say we are somehow tied to the teams in question and are monopolizing the scene.

We do the best we can with the hands we are dealt. Things are moving quickly, and I’m sure in due time Xantium, and the dev team(s) in question will make many eat their words on this topic.

The Mods are free to re-open this topic at their discretion.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30]