xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: 360 And Media Center Connection Problem  (Read 64 times)

robbro9

• Archived User
360 And Media Center Connection Problem
« on: October 28, 2006, 01:26:00 PM »

I had my 360 and my media center pc set up to connect and stream audio/video and such. I've recently moved, and now must do this wirelessly. I have a Buffalo wireless router which I have installed dd-wrt on (my primary wireless router is built into my dsl modem).
I have configured the buffalo such that a pc hooked up to it has no problem connecting to the net, and even seeing shares on my main pc which is wired into the primary router of my dsl modem. The Buffalo also works well for xbox live, I can log on, download demos and all from it perfectly. The 2 previous statements are true both for setting up the router as a client bridge and when using WDS.

What I cannot do is connect my media center pc and the 360 any more. I've tried removing the media extender program, reinstalling and completely reconfiguring it, but every time after I enter the 8 digit number my 360 gives me, it says it cannot find a 360 on the network. After extensive searches, I see only people saying their dd-wrt v.23 router works flawlessly with their 360 in either client bridge mode or wds mode. Mine fails in both.
Any suggestions on what to change to get this to function?

I have even recently reinstalled windows vista and tried media connect on that to see if it was a problem with my media center install, and the problem persists. I have no firewall other than the default windows firewall installed.