xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Windows Media Center In Windows Xp Working With Xbox 360!  (Read 665 times)

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
Windows Media Center In Windows Xp Working With Xbox 360!
« on: May 20, 2006, 10:46:00 PM »

I don't know if anyone has done this before but here it is for you to mess with.  Its called a Virtual machine people.  Install it and make it your new best friend.  I successfully integrated the 360 to work with a VMWare installed Media Center.  This means you don't need to reformat your XP machine and install Media center to use the full capabilities of your Xbox 360.  Here is a little video I whipped up before I start on my tutorial.  If you guy want me to follow the wires your not going to get it.  There no way I rigged this up and it work 100%.  If you don't believe me or think this is fake....your an idiot.  I am at a loss for words at points through out this video so please don't think I'm an idiot when it comes to speaking.  I would do it without audio but I think me explaining wtf is going on and what is what makes it easier for the people who are like wtf is this.  I am awake about 26 hours  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleeping.gif)  so please bear with me here cause i'm doing this for you not me.  Thanks  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)

Tutorial (Installing Windows) Pending May 22
Tutorial (Setting up Windows) Coming May 23
-xboxexpert

Overview:
(IMG:http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/xboxexpert/xbox360tutorials/th_WMCEinWXP.jpg)

Tutorial (Installing Windows MCE)
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2947122419053467825

This post has been edited by xboxexpert: May 23 2006, 01:36 AM

potato10

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2006, 10:23:00 PM »

wow. impressive. it also looked like you had windows 98 or maybe thats just the skin in xp. none the less very nice. although i already have media center this will help a lot of people nice job! biggrin.gif

patrick2269

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2006, 11:01:00 PM »

LOL, Really now

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2006, 11:01:00 PM »

The way I have my XP looking is classic not skinned.  The I-Face is much faster that way.  Sorry for the confusion.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

sicknasty413

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2006, 11:13:00 PM »

sex.

Anyways, to bad my desktop is running media center (still havent got my 360 to work with media center yet.. erg  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) ) but my laptop is running xp pro!

Does this work on pro? or just home edition? or visa versa?

This post has been edited by sicknasty413: May 21 2006, 06:14 AM

patrick2269

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2006, 11:17:00 PM »

This is vmware we are talking about here!!!, LOL, It works on any thing (OS), well most of the time

taikwondoejoe

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2006, 12:33:00 AM »

Can you upload to youtube please?  Macromedia hasn't released the newest flash player for linux, so I can't watch

trip0d

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2006, 07:18:00 AM »

cant wait for the tutorial! thanks in advance

NYYankees133B

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2006, 03:19:00 PM »

Just wondering I'm dying to get the windows media center on my windows xp and wanted to know since im not really advanced with computers would this be hard for me or is it not that difficult.  Thanks.

Aaries

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2006, 04:08:00 PM »

Which thing is the right one to download? VMware Player?

halofun121

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2006, 06:35:00 PM »

xboxexpert, you dont have to format your hard drive and install MCE. You can set up a dual boot system, can you not?

For those of you who are wondering what to do, you need an OS emulator. xboxexpert is using VMWare Workstation. There are others like MS VirtualPC. Some free ones to like qemu, but I'm not sure as to how well they would work with this.

People have done this before, to.

This post has been edited by halofun121: May 22 2006, 01:37 AM

xboxexpert

• Recovered User
« Reply #11 on: May 21, 2006, 06:09:00 PM »

I know I can dual boot but I have my xp just the way I want it.  Some people these days have HDD's cluttered up with all sorts of stuff and dont want to be bothered with Dual boots.  Also most of the people were talking about here are on there parents machines and we dont need little johnny messing up his dads pc trying to dual boot and get an ass woopin when the dad gets home.

This tutorial will be complete soon.  I'm going to have very nice photos of what exacly you should do and maybe even a screen record so you guys can see the actual install in a movie smile.gif

-xboxexpert

halofun121

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: May 21, 2006, 07:01:00 PM »

QUOTE(xboxexpert @ May 21 2006, 08:16 PM) View Post

I know I can dual boot but I have my xp just the way I want it.  Some people these days have HDD's cluttered up with all sorts of stuff and dont want to be bothered with Dual boots.  Also most of the people were talking about here are on there parents machines and we dont need little johnny messing up his dads pc trying to dual boot and get an ass woopin when the dad gets home.

This tutorial will be complete soon.  I'm going to have very nice photos of what exacly you should do and maybe even a screen record so you guys can see the actual install in a movie smile.gif
-xboxexpert

Good points..nevertheless, it's an option. I still say MS should let us play our videos off of the HD or let us stream it with Windows Media Conncect. Cheap bastards.

henmill

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: May 21, 2006, 08:22:00 PM »

nice work, but is that screen REALLY necessary?  Geeeez! just plain ridiculous

McFace5

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2006, 08:28:00 PM »

Wow, I had no idea this software existed. Within 2 hours of seeing your post I got my hands on it and installed MCE2005 with no problems. Now my 360 can connect and I can stream HD material without having a dualboot. Very cool indeed!

This post has been edited by McFace5: May 22 2006, 03:29 AM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5