xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]

Author Topic: Banned! - Using Ixtreme (newest)  (Read 2406 times)

Radi NL

• Archived User
Banned! - Using Ixtreme (newest)
« Reply #465 on: November 21, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »

Btw Samsung MS28 with iXtreame 1.3 here NOT banned.

Devedander

• Archived User
« Reply #466 on: November 21, 2007, 02:23:00 PM »

QUOTE(robpury @ Nov 21 2007, 10:40 PM) *

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the email, but I never heard a live update called a firmware update before. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In the context I would say it's pretty safe to say the guy is simply misusing terms.   Obviously if he knew what he was saying he wouldn't be sending you to MS to reverse the process... and if you look at how he refers to you updating your firmware to play TS it doesn't make sense in the context of him knowing what he is saying... if he thinks you updated your firmware to play a backed up copy of the game (something I am sure Vivendi doesn't want you doing anymore than MS) he wouldn't be offering you any support.

I would bet dollars to donuts he means software update, not firmware.

This post has been edited by Devedander: Nov 21 2007, 10:27 PM

nu1mlock

• Archived User
« Reply #467 on: November 21, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(robpury @ Nov 21 2007, 10:40 PM) View Post

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the email, but I never heard a live update called a firmware update before. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Eh, well I have. Nintendo Wii updates are often called "Firmware updates", Playstation 3 updates are called "Firmware updates". Why do you think that guy says "Firmware update"? It might have something to do with all other consoles naming updates "Firmware updates".

Anyway, when I read the email, I clearly see that the guy means a Live Update.

nu1mlock

iwillrace

• Archived User
« Reply #468 on: November 21, 2007, 02:32:00 PM »

I have a TS drive flashed with 1.2 that is not banned I have been playing Rainbow Six Vegas online and a retail of Call of Duty 4 online those are the only games I have played online I have never ever downloaded a scene release or what ever you want to call them the back up I have made have been of my personal retail copies and all of them pass the stealth check in xbox backup creator some do not have the split vid but most do hope the info helps keep up the good fight!

throwingks

• Archived User
« Reply #469 on: November 21, 2007, 02:33:00 PM »

I highly advise everyone that wants to talk about playing backups on Live! or even hint about piracy in any form, stop.

People are worried about getting banned from Live! Well, people are about to get banned from here too. There have already been warnings, there are no more chances.

This thread is close to being closed as well, because a few people cannot follow rules. Apparently, anywhere.

geeserver

• Archived User
« Reply #470 on: November 21, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »

Using Ixtreme 1.2

Not banned yet.

This post has been edited by geeserver: Nov 21 2007, 10:40 PM

greendayz

• Archived User
« Reply #471 on: November 21, 2007, 02:44:00 PM »

more or less two weeks ago a friend of mine that runs one Xbox news site here in Portugal told me to dont play burned copy of Mass Effect before realease date because MS would ban people.
I dont know how he got that info or even if is true but at least apparently he knew that a ban was coming.
I have Hitachi 47 with xtreme 2.4 and not banned yet, I escaped the previous ban too

SecurityHacker

• Archived User
« Reply #472 on: November 21, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »

what is banhammer ?

Chancer

• Archived User
« Reply #473 on: November 21, 2007, 02:46:00 PM »

This thread is shut end of
 I have spent the last 2 hours going through the posts from all the morons who feel the need to share their pirating ways and post lists/admissions/pictures of the scene releases they have.
Did you all think the rules here don't apply to you.
XS has zero tolerance of this sort of thing and staff will have zero tolerance of any new threads or posts along the same lines.
If this all starts in another thread then that will be closed staright away and accounts will be once again lost.
To everyone that lost their accounts .. tough shit. You asked for it and thanks for proving my point on my earler statement about the amount of pirates with firmware flashers.
Don't Pm me to plead your case i am not interested.
Do not pester HSD either he has more to do than answer Pms from pirates. You won't regain your accounts anyway.
 There were so many warnings in this thread from mods but as usual the selfish ones get the the Thread locked, so before you all decide to vent at me  think about why this was really shut down and who caused it to happen

This post has been edited by Chancer: Nov 22 2007, 12:08 AM
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32]