xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Switches * Jumper Wires * Pin Headers * Leds  (Read 76 times)

Perplexer

• Recovered User
Switches * Jumper Wires * Pin Headers * Leds
« on: January 20, 2003, 07:45:00 PM »

Don't solder wires to your X2 chip!  This solderless jumper wire lets you easily add a switch.  Includes plenty of wire (about 30") so switch can be placed anywhere.  Low-clearance jumper, will fit both pin header and wire harness installs.
Jumper wire image (X2 in photo not included  tongue.gif)  BACK IN STOCK
1-7 pcs. $1.50/ea
8-15 pcs. $1.25/ea
16+ pcs. $1.00/ea
These also work great with the Chameleon for the Power/Eject wires, if you install a 2-pin angled header... I will post pics soon.)

Here's a unique switch for your Xodus/Matrix!  Do you want the ability to switch between all four modes without installing TWO switches and forgetting which is which?  This single switch lets you "dial-a-mode".  Snap-mounts in a small (about 1/2" x 1/2") cutout.  Installation is easy, just connect three wires.  Instructions coming soon.
Mode 1-4 rotary switch image $4.00/ea Now $3.00/ea  $3.50 with wire harness

Need a pin header for your cheapmod or homebrew chip?  Lost or damaged the one that came with your chip?
Pin header image $1.00/ea Now $.75/ea

Female pin header (socket): $2.25/ea (photos soon)

High-quality DPDT subminiature toggle switch.  Ideal for enabling/disabling any mod, also ideal for controlling a mod on/off LED.  Pleasant switch mechanism, not like Radio Shack's clunky switches.  Mounts in a 3/16" hole.
DPDT Toggle switch  $3.50/ea BACK IN STOCK

High-quality SPDT subminiature toggle switch.  Ideal for enabling/disabling any mod.  Pleasant switch mechanism, not like Radio Shack's clunky switches.  Mounts in a 3/16" hole. $3.00/ea BACK IN STOCK

DPDT slide switch.  These might be a little large for your tastes, so I'm blowing 'em out cheap!
DPDT Slide Switch $.75/ea Now $.25/ea

Red LED, pre-wired, in holder.  Ready for mounting in a 5/16" hole.  Just connect the wires to 3.3V through your switch, drill a hole, and push the LED holder in the hole.  Includes plenty of wire (about 30") so the LED can be placed anywhere.  Includes a 150 Ohm resistor if you want to connect to +5V
LED in holder $1.50/ea Now $1.00/ea

3mm red/green bicolor LED.  Ideal for mod on/off indicator or other purpose.
Red/Green 3mm LED $1.00/ea

The dime in the photos is for size reference.  If you want it, it'll cost you $.10  rolleyes.gif

Other misc. items available (i.e. other LEDs, LED holders, etc.) - ask if you need specifics.

Add $2.00 (any size order) for first-class shipping within the USA in a padded envelope.  Please contact me for international shipping.  I accept PayPal, cash, money orders ($.50 discount on cash or money order transactions).  I'll reply to all questions posted here or through PM.  Thanks  smile.gif

This post has been edited by Perplexer: Aug 6 2003, 04:34 AM

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2003, 08:04:00 AM »

[Edit] all items back in stock.

This post has been edited by Perplexer: Jun 1 2003, 11:58 AM

EriCCire

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2003, 02:07:00 PM »

why does you toggle switch have so may posts on the bottom? could you please show me which posts you would use because i have been looking the picture where u only have to solder 4 wires onto the matrix
or im not too smart here, can you direct me in the right way where i can find a picture of where i solder wires and 1 or 2 of your switches on to a cheapmod, or one less expesive than the matrix?

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2003, 03:48:00 PM »

The toggle switch in the photo has six posts on the bottom because it is a DPDT switch.  Think of it as two single (SPST) switches which share the same toggle.

Here is a quick diagram:
user posted image

Connect your on/off points to contacts #1 and #2.  That's it, you're done.  Now, when you flip the switch on, it connects point #1 to #2, and your mod is enabled.

But you can also use the second set of contacts if you want.  When the switch is on, it also connects point #4 to #5 if you have something connected to it - like an LED!  There is a good diagram in this thread about adding a mod enable/disable LED: LEDs for switch thread

A DPDT switch can be substituted any time a tutorial calls for a SPST switch, just use points #1 and #2 on the DPDT.  Enable/Disable switches tutorial.

This post has been edited by Perplexer: Jan 31 2003, 11:49 PM

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2003, 04:11:00 PM »

Update: I now have a wiring harness for the Matrix Mode 1-4 switch.  Add $.50 to the switch price.

Installation is simple:
Green wire to GROUND (Screw hole)
Yellow wire to BASE of DIP1
Orange wire to BASE of DIP2
Red wire: not used

Fear my mad Photoshop skills!  blink.gif
user posted image

Switch settings:
1: swap mode
2: always on
3: test/disable
4: write enable

This post has been edited by Perplexer: Feb 1 2003, 12:29 AM

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2003, 05:03:00 PM »

emailed u with a couple of questions dude smile.gif

davidhes

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2003, 09:53:00 PM »

I'm very interested in 1 of the matrix 4 mode switches! I sent you a pm asking a couple of Q's also. But what i also want to know is arent youre modes around the wrong way that you list her.
Switch settings:
1: swap mode
2: always on
3: test/disable
4: write enable

arent the settings actually
MODE Description

Dip Switch 1 Dip Switch 2
1 Test/Disable ON ON
2 Always On OFF ON
3 Swap Mode ON OFF
4 Write Enable OFF OFF

or it different for this switch or something and finally will you ship to aus?

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2003, 07:56:00 AM »

QUOTE (davidhes @ Feb 1 2003, 05:42 AM)
arent the settings actually
MODE Description

or it different for this switch or something and finally will you ship to aus?

Since this is a single switch, instead of two dip switches, the mode settings will not match up to Matrix's "mode" designation.  The modes "are" different for this switch.

So,
"1" on switch = DIP1 ON, DIP2 OFF = swap mode
"2" on switch = DIP1 OFF, DIP2 ON = always on
"3" on switch = DIP1 ON, DIP2 ON = test/disable
"4" on switch = DIP1 OFF, DIP2 OFF = write enable

Still easier to remember than "up/down," "down/up," "up/up" etc.

I can ship worldwide, shipping to AUS should be about $5.00 USD.

nufan

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2003, 07:28:00 PM »

i just wanna say....received my stuff in the mail today, all nicely packaged and in perfect condition, thanx for soldering the wires to the switch already as well...

dunno if ur still selling but i recommend to anyone this dude, great job man thanx smile.gif

EriCCire

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2003, 07:46:00 PM »

here ill snag one of your jumper wires so i can put an external swithc on my x2lite.  would 1 buck shipped do??

davidhes

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2003, 10:44:00 PM »

Hi would you happen to have the female side of a pin header? a may like to roder 1 of thos but i would need the other part to so i could solder my matrix in and using a pin header would be good i could just solder the wires into the female header (you can solder wires ionto this things right) then just solder in the male header. so if youve got a femal and male haeder may buy?

CZECH

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2003, 12:21:00 AM »

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2003, 05:20:00 AM »

QUOTE (davidhes @ Feb 12 2003, 06:33 AM)
Hi would you happen to have the female side of a pin header? a may like to roder 1 of thos but i would need the other part to so i could solder my matrix in and using a pin header would be good i could just solder the wires into the female header (you can solder wires ionto this things right) then just solder in the male header. so if youve got a femal and male haeder may buy?

I don't have female headers currently available, but your idea is a good one.  With a 12-pin female header, you could remove the pogo pins on a Matrix and solder a header directly in their place.  Add a male header to your motherboard, and you have a socketed Matrix!

I'll post here if I get any female headers in.

dunno if ur still selling but i recommend to anyone this dude, great job man thanx

Nufan: thanks for the kind words smile.gif

This post has been edited by Perplexer: Feb 12 2003, 01:36 PM

Perplexer

• Recovered User
« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2003, 05:31:00 AM »

QUOTE (CZECH @ Feb 12 2003, 08:10 AM)
Cheaper Prices Here

Hmm...

You are NOT allowed to compare (price , quality or anything else) a store with other stores.

• This company does not offer some of the products I do.
  • This company charges more than $1.50 for shipping
  • This company probably does not ship internationally

But thanks for playing.

kaioshade

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2003, 08:53:00 AM »

got my switch and installed it. works like a charm. as soon as my friend gives my my damn camera i will take pictures of my install for anyone who is interested in this switch.