xboxscene.org forums

Author Topic: Fried My Box  (Read 101 times)

leigao84

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« on: April 05, 2003, 10:29:00 AM »

tsk, tsk, tsk you musta messed up your tsop and then either you matrix has a bad flash or a bad connection. Maybe your soldering job was bad. But hey good luck.

shanafan

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 12:29:00 PM »

Ouch, sorry farmer but you made some bad decisions. EEPROMER basically sucks compared to Configmagic. If you needed help with Configmagic, should have asked here. Soldered your Matrix in? OUCH, why did you do that? The point of having a Matrix is to take it out to flash it.

I just hope for you and your Xbox's sake, you ask before you do something you really aren't sure about

emailer33

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 12:36:00 PM »

QUOTE (FarmerB @ Apr 5 2003, 02:20 PM)
Hi
I`m resigned to having to buy a new Box. Just felt I should ask in the slim hope that someone can help.
I got banned from live and obtained a new eeprom.bin file from another xbox.
Config magic didn`t seem to place it so I used EEpromer. I flashed with the new eeprom and my box died with Flashing red light.
I tried a config.magic disc but didn`t even fire up (red flashing xbox).
I read about and got the debug v1.03 bios and flashed my Matrix with it.
I couldn`t get the matrix back in my box properly so I soldered it in.
I now have an orange flashing box and it dies and restatrs 3X before running.
Now looking on Ebay for a cheap box.

here are some problems i noticed w/ your ways:

• If ConfigMagic didn't work, stop and re-check everything.  Don't go use soemthing like eepromer that could apply a bad file.  Most likely you corrupted your eeprom.
  • The debug v1.03 bios minimum is 512k, so if you reduced it to 256k, you basically have 256k of garbage.  Debug bioses and very minimum 512k and almost always distributed as a 1024k image.
  • Soldering your matrix in ruined yoru matrix since the obviously bad flash was now on their permantently, cuz you can't boot toe xbox to flash w/ evox.
  • Take out the matrix, get a new chip like the x2pro or something, put on the debug 1.03 bios, and use a configmagic reset disc like you tried before.  that should hopefully recover your xbox from any damage you did.
  • Good luck. wink.gif

P.S. to anyone that has a similar problem.  I noticed that when i accidently friend my eeprom, I put on the x2 4974 bios.  it actually boot the xbox like the complex 1.03 bios would.  Now i'm the only one who seems to have found this, except someone else i remembering posting in a thread.  Hope this helps ya.

Ace25

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 10:09:00 PM »

Just wondering, why couldn't you take the matrix out and reflash it on a PC? I know its soldered it, well, unsolder it. Flash with X2 bios and be done with it, forget about live on that XBox, if Live is that important, keep at it like emailer33 stated.

Tobias Redfield

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2003, 12:46:00 AM »

Hey, I have been baned off live and I don't want anything like this to happen to me, so I have to use config magic right? and the eeprom that I get does it have to be a certian version say if my xbox is v1.0 and the unbaned eeprom that I want to use is v1.1 or v1.2, does it matter?

LepPpeR

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 12:50:00 AM »

QUOTE (Tobias Redfield @ Apr 6 2003, 03:46 AM)
Hey, I have been baned off live and I don't want anything like this to happen to me, so I have to use config magic right? and the eeprom that I get does it have to be a certian version say if my xbox is v1.0 and the unbaned eeprom that I want to use is v1.1 or v1.2, does it matter?

No, you can use it from a 1.1 or 1.2 xbox.  They are all the same.  Just dont blow it like this guy though.  Use config Magic.

Tobias Redfield

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 12:52:00 AM »

Ight thanks fer the ifo but is there a tutorial that I can use so I don't screw up my xbox just in case , I should take all nessary precautions

FarmerB

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 07:23:00 AM »

HALLELUYA...HALLELUYA....HALLELUYA....HALLEELLUUUYYYyAAAAA

Emailer33 if i could find ya I would kiss ya.

Got the bios suggested and my box is up again. You should see my face biggrin.gif . Like that only a bigger cheesier grin.

And the moral of this story is..

If you are going to fanny about with things you don`t really understand and things F%^K up and you think you have no hope.. at least ask... cos there`s always someone out there who might just have the solution to your hopeless problem.

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

Hey Ace
I got that email petition about the cats from I guy I thought would have more sense. Even when I emailed to say it had to be a joke he still wasn`t convinced.

Thanks for the backup EVERYONE biggrin.gif

FarmerB

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2003, 01:24:00 PM »

Hi again
i`ve got the box running with an unlocked drive from another machine.
The 80gb drive that was in when I screwed it up is locked ( i unlocked, flashed the eeprom and locked it and then it died).
I have the key ( its stuck onto it with a sticky label and  it matches the backup copy i`ve got on disc) but when i try to unlock it with hdunlock it wont unlock??
When I look at it with ATAPWD it shows it`s still locked.
I`ve tried unlocking another locked drive with the backup key and it`s the same story????

It`s the same machine I used back in November to lock my drive originally.

Any suggestions uhh.gif

FarmerB

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 06:37:00 AM »

Hi again (saga continues for anyone that`s interseted)

I realise now that when I flashed the new eeprom the key would change.
I`ve used liveinfo beta with the eeprom I flashed to generate the new key but still can`t unlock it with hdunlock??

Anyone got any ideas????

amirxbox

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2003, 12:37:00 PM »

try again take your hd key from livein.. do the boot disk run hddunlock then hddisabl if its say done you done it.(i have the same prob i saved my hd but still can't save my box)

emailer33

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2003, 10:11:00 PM »

QUOTE (FarmerB @ Apr 6 2003, 02:23 PM)
HALLELUYA...HALLELUYA....HALLELUYA....HALLEELLUUUYYYyAAAAA

Emailer33 if i could find ya I would kiss ya.

Got the bios suggested and my box is up again. You should see my face biggrin.gif . Like that only a bigger cheesier grin.

And the moral of this story is..

If you are going to fanny about with things you don`t really understand and things F%^K up and you think you have no hope.. at least ask... cos there`s always someone out there who might just have the solution to your hopeless problem.

THANKYOU THANKYOU THANKYOU

Hey Ace
I got that email petition about the cats from I guy I thought would have more sense. Even when I emailed to say it had to be a joke he still wasn`t convinced.

Thanks for the backup EVERYONE biggrin.gif

i'm a guy.  don't kiss me.  don't EVER kiss me. lol.

emailer33

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »

QUOTE (FarmerB @ Apr 6 2003, 08:24 PM)
Hi again
i`ve got the box running with an unlocked drive from another machine.
The 80gb drive that was in when I screwed it up is locked ( i unlocked, flashed the eeprom and locked it and then it died).
I have the key ( its stuck onto it with a sticky label and  it matches the backup copy i`ve got on disc) but when i try to unlock it with hdunlock it wont unlock??
When I look at it with ATAPWD it shows it`s still locked.
I`ve tried unlocking another locked drive with the backup key and it`s the same story????

It`s the same machine I used back in November to lock my drive originally.

Any suggestions uhh.gif

what did you use to lock it?  Cuz if you used configmagic, it applies a master "savior" password of TEAMASSEMBLY.  i'll try to help ya thru this wink.gif

FarmerB

• Archived User
Fried My Box
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2003, 06:39:00 AM »

at last.. sorted
Config magic wasn`t providing the correct locking code.
Should have checked this at the start... the backup file had a different locking code which worked using hdlock on the pc