xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Eeprom Switch  (Read 81 times)

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Eeprom Switch
« on: December 08, 2002, 08:59:00 AM »

Of course, im banned, the one thing is, i dont have a clean eeprom to use, and i dont have the time to take out my drive, connect it to my computer, unlock it, etc etc. Right now, is there anyway i could do all that while keeping the drive in the xbox? i have a v1.0 box with a matrix chp evox 2.6 bios and all original hardware. Ideas? (also pm me if you are willing to "lend" out an eeprom)

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2002, 09:14:00 AM »

anyone?

Pr0crastin8r

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2002, 11:19:00 AM »

cant that new eepromer program also lock/unlock hard drives? then yes, you could.  unlock your hd, copy new eeprom, lock your hd.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2002, 12:19:00 PM »

has anyone used the eepromer program yet? if so what functions does it have.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2002, 01:23:00 PM »

noone has used it? man it must suck.

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2002, 06:03:00 PM »

i really need to know with this program if i can just give it an eeprom and it will do everything for me. Is that how it works? anyone? undead?

emailer33

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2002, 09:46:00 PM »

get onto irc, get EEPROMer .4 at the usual places, and then it will do all of those fuctions, it's great

undead

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2002, 10:46:00 PM »

supefr0 just fixed the app !!  it works great now.. he just needs to add v1.1 support

its cool to be able to lock your hdd directly from xbox !!!!

Senku Setsu

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2002, 01:36:00 AM »

QUOTE (undead @ Dec 9 2002, 06:09 AM)
Hey Fuzzy..

the app has some glitches still.. sometimes calculates incorrect hdd passwd and then ur screwd..  locks hdd and can unlock again.. unless you hook up with a PC and figure out what the pwd it used was..

also, it doesnt work on 1.1 boxes yet..

the app only backups/restores eeprom, and lock/unlocks hdd..  

superfro is working on the glitches so it should be working soon...

Yo, which version of the app has glitches ? i want to make sure i have the right one befor i use it  blink.gif

Kickace1616

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2002, 04:53:00 AM »

Eeprommer V0.45 is the most recent version.

V0.4 & V0.1 are the past versions with glitches.

teetu

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2002, 11:48:00 AM »

In the text included by superfro, he has numerous warnings saying "if you dont really know what you're doing...", but it seems quite straightfoward.  What are possible problems i could have while doing this?  What is he alluding to?

Also, he says "make sure you are booting to evolution x".  Does it matter if I am running evox off of a cd?  I know this is a very noobish question, but I certainly don't want to mess anything up at this point- but when getting the working eeprom from a different xbox, I simply use the backup function in evoxdash?

xdrei

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2002, 03:03:00 PM »

so can u use the program to figure out the eeprom of ur friend's xbox too?  and then u type it in or something when the program is in ur xbox?  do u ever have to take anything out of ur xbox now?

robby2souls

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2002, 03:55:00 PM »

I just used eeprommer .45 and it worked great, now im back on live.
I have evox on my HD, and i didnt have to take anything out of either box.
The only glitchy thing i noticed is that rather than in drive z, i had to put the virgin eeprom in drive x.
Also, for anyone who wants to obtain a virgin eeprom. do what i did. offer to install a chip for someone you know, that doesnt yet have live. Then just borrow  wink.gif  their eeprom and switch it with yours... dont do this to a good friend  smile.gif . with this new proggy you can do it in less than 5 minutes

cheers, thanks to superfr0 for making a great program

xdrei

• Archived User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2002, 05:07:00 PM »

so what aobut the drive z and drive x thing?  instead of putting the new eeprom in drive z i put it in x?  is it easy to change that?

Fuzzy

• Recovered User
Eeprom Switch
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2002, 05:31:00 PM »

is there anyone here (im really really really sorry that this is a request) but is there anyhone here that will let me have an working eeprom they dont use i want to od some working xyz live code tests but i cant without an eeprom. Please pm me if you can help, ill gladly alow you to be a beta tester when i come out with the xyz decoder testing program to see what ur codes mean
Pages: [1] 2