xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: A Review For Full Spectrum Warrior  (Read 329 times)

mario_ps2

• Archived User
A Review For Full Spectrum Warrior
« on: June 11, 2004, 02:20:00 AM »

I ;)  had been waiting for this game, I saw the videos and it looked great, it has nice graphics, however, the simulation part is just not good for me :( .

I mean, one wants to be playing the game not giving orders and tell your compan ion to shoot or throw.

I'm quite dissapointed because of this simulation thing, If only they had left it the other way where you control 100 the player and the action, it would have been a solid hit..in my opinion.

What do you guys think? :unsure :  

Oh by the way, Riddick's game is one of the best game I have ever played..and yes the graphics are much better than HALO... I don't know about HALO 2 but it really has pretty nice impressive graphics...

<

miracleboy

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2004, 06:17:00 AM »

I agree that this would be a frustrating game for a pure FPS-head, I think this is more of a thinking man's combat game. I have been very impressed by this, and have played for hours on end at times. The graphics are extremely good, and there is no more satisfaction than running two teams down a street covering each other to get within grenade range of a machine gun nest. I would recommend this game to anyone who is into the combat genre, and doesn't mind not just playing a point and shoot game.  <

vel0city

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2004, 04:26:00 PM »

I can't wait for this game to come out in Aus. I've heard so many good things about the FSW game that it's driving me nuts. It's gunna steamroll that piece of shit Socom2  <

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

i'm boycotting this game because it doesn't have system LINK in it.

I love getting together with 3 other buddies and playing Friday Night xbox games!
I like to KNOW who I'm playing and not someone on LIVE that I don't know and I can't joke around with in person.

I sure hope NEW xbox games don't go the way of LIVE ONLY!  So please pass on this game ....MONEY TALKS!

I don't mine if one game is not system link ... but if the NEW thread goes with only LIVE ... that would ruin one of the main reasons for playing xbox ... to PLAY with REAL people at my house or theirs!   It sure beats having to bring my computer to their house! :)
 <

DuDeR MaN

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2004, 09:32:00 AM »

Wow I'm starting to think I'm one of the only members in this entire forum who has a mod and yet still loves xbox live.

Anyway, you here a lot about games on live and this one has come up in coversation plenty of times.  Every seemed to really enoy it but nobody told me it was a sim.  I rented it and I really didn't like it too much.

I won't say this game sucks because it will appeal to an audience that enjoys strategy games.  <

triggernum5

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2004, 11:10:00 AM »

I mean, one wants to be playing the game not giving orders and tell your compan ion to shoot or throw.
Real bummer Socomm wasn't on xbox.  But every other game is built like that.  This is EXACTLY what I was waiting for.  C&C style (kinda).  Its based on an engine that the US Army used to train leadership ability.  The gameplay is awesome in my opinion.  I just hope there will be new missions available.  I can't wait for a sequel.
To see the US Army version enter HA2P1PY9TUR5TLE in the Cheats menu.  Its a whole other game.
i'm boycotting this game because it doesn't have system LINK in it.
I'm a big fan of system link too they really dropped the ball there

<

djkym

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2004, 03:54:00 PM »

FS isn't a FPS, and if you can get over that, then I think the game is pretty decent--you can't compare it to a FPS, and i think you pretty much have to think of it as a separate 'type' of game--like fps stratetgy or something. that's why i didn't agree w/ gamespot's review of the game, cuz i think they kept trying to compare it to a fps.  <

rgtaa

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2004, 05:46:00 PM »

after reading some of the PRO reviews I think the GAME is missing the Multiplayer Aspect even on LIVE ...since you can only play on LIVE in Co-op Mode... not verses mode.
I like killing my Friends and laughing as I do it ... so that option is missing in this game.
I wrote about boycotting this game because no system Link ...and that's TRUE ...but  no Killing other players and only co-op mode is another reason to PASS on this game.
It is a GREAT concept for a game and I hope maybe future versions will have both system Link and combat mode against other players.
I guess it's a Single Player Game that could have been a GREAT multiplayer game ( like Rainbow 6)  <

The_Master

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 06:55:00 PM »

I LOVE this game!
The graphics, gamrplay, simulation are dead on. I am normally a FPS PC guy. I have SERIOUS problems playing FPS on with the console controller. I guess I am too used to plyaing with my gamepad, and mouse. Becasue of my probs with the console controller, I usually backaway from FPS on my xbox. The C&C kind of play, makes this experience VERY satisfying for me.
I Highly reccomend it.  <

MoeMan949222

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2004, 06:52:00 PM »

Full spectrum warrior really dissapointed me. i truly thought it was gona be like ghost recon or another rb6 in some sort of way. like you said i rather control the soldier.  <

ArcticWolf

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2004, 02:13:00 PM »

Is this game played in the first person perspective, only?  I hate first person perspective games because they induce motion sickness.  Hitman Contracts allows you to switch between first person and third person perspectives, so I don't see why other games can't offer the same flexibility.
 <

overdrive

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2004, 03:10:00 AM »

I guess I'm one of the few that actually enjoyed this one.  Granted I've done the Socom thing, Conflict Desert Storm, etc....

It was a little refreshing. Sometimes frustrating but overall nice.  If offered a little bit of a change compared to alot of other stuff out now.  I agree with the posts about system link capabilities, but how would you do that anyway?  They would just sit there and shoot at each other untill someone eventually got capped.

I dunno, I'd give this one a 7.5 out of 10.  <

robwoods

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2004, 07:24:00 AM »

I am just getting into this game and so far i love it, the fact that its not the same as rainbow 6 and not another FPS is a positive boon in my books  <

jopo

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2004, 01:03:00 PM »

i was waiting for something that was more like dessert opps, or something where you still used stratagy but you got to use the guns too, i mean, in real life just because you have a "shield" over your head, ifyour exposed youll get shot, and its like, when your giving oppressing fire the enemy will always look at that person, i was looking for something a little better, i mean like where you could play as the soldiers.  <

ILLusions0fGrander

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »

yea, you really have to know who you are playing with in this game, lucky for me i have a regular splinter cell partner and we kicked some major a$$... we both rented it, and beat it in three solid sittings...

M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M-M 203!!!!!!!!!!
blowing each other up when the other isnt expecting it with a grenade launcher is one of the most fun parts... without that aspect, we would have beaten it in two sittings...

i HIGHLY recommend this as a rental, and a must rent.

the dead body pile and its horrid graphics is hilarious... try and aim right and you can blow alpha squad right into the middle of it!!!!!

good times.
 <
Pages: [1] 2