xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Running The Xbox Os On A Pc  (Read 1040 times)

Maddogthesahr

• Archived User
Running The Xbox Os On A Pc
« on: February 17, 2004, 02:22:00 PM »

Hi all.
I'm kind of a noob in this entire hack'n crack world, so here comes a weird but innteresting question, don't know if any one else have asked this.

I think it would be cool to run the xbox operating system on a pc.
I know that it would take a lot of work generating/creating some drivers that would fit the xbox OS, but wouldn't it be cool. I don't know if you can use some dll's from a windows OS.

I just think of it like this:
1) My computer starts the vga bios and does a memory check
2) it starts looking on my harddrive for a operating system and swing there is the xbox OS
3) My computer then boots the xbox OS, and then i'm in the xbox OS.

Maybe i'm a little weird for asking this, but i'd like a fx5950 ultra on my xbox.
If something like this already exists i would like to know about it.

PS. i'm not looking for a windows emulator

Thanks all

cooljerk_dv

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2004, 03:45:00 PM »

yaa... I don't know where to start.
1.  The xbox OS will NEVER been run on a pc, it is designed only for the xbox hardware.  Besides why would you want to, windows or linux are much more functional.

2.  There is no possible way to get your fancy Nvidia 5950ultra to work in the xbox.  First its not physically possible with the hardware.. no room or agp slot.  And if that were somehow possible (it isn't), none of the games/software are written for it, thus they wouln't work.

I suggest leaching around these forums, reading old posts, and learning something for yourself.  These are pretty stupid questions!

Peace

This post has been edited by cooljerk_dv on Feb 17 2004, 11:45 PM

simbot82

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2004, 03:28:00 PM »

Nice reply jerkWAD. Jeez the guy said he was new, 1 post in fact, and you act like you have been around forever and treat him like shiate.

Maddog interesting questions dude, just not feasible. Jerk just aint very good at getting his message across in a polite manner. He doesn't seem to understand the concept of forums being to ask questions. Sure the search button is jsut above but I doubt whether this question has been asked before and even if it has, try replying with something other than insult and innuendo cooljerk.

Peace  dry.gif

EgoX

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2004, 06:59:00 PM »

arhhh so refreshing simbot you've single handedly retored my faith in humanity.

If only it was possible to run Xbox Os on PC it would be great because the DirectX implimentation is much leaner,  faster, the thing  that Jerk fails to realise is that sometimes less functionality is better

So yeah naive but interesting question.

This post has been edited by EgoX on Feb 18 2004, 03:00 AM

Maddogthesahr

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2004, 12:42:00 AM »

Thanks for backing me up on the noob side guys.
But as Egox was saying less features to run, more stabil OS.
I Just don't think any windows where ment for gaming.
If i was MS then i would make, for an exampel, a directx OS whit no DHCP services running in the background or something else.
And yes i know that you can disable services etc. etc. but to make a dedicated gaming OS would be great.
And thats why i thought that the xbox OS (which has "standard" pc hardware inside) could be an option.
Thus i think that it on some level would be possible to make some drivers for it.

Now i rest my case, thx guys.

ZASADAR

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2004, 01:41:00 AM »

man i want the same thing what i like most about this "Impossible" idea is nothing is running in the backround and i go right into my game no windows bull SH*$#&$T

simple setup for simple gamers with little time or patience for windows to me windows needs to much maintenance

i think my util os and my game os would be best seperated for both convenience and performance

it might be possible if some one knew how to convert windows drivers

This post has been edited by ZASADAR on Feb 18 2004, 09:48 AM

Maddogthesahr

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2004, 01:49:00 AM »

Exactly ZASADAR, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Does anybody know if the source code to xbox OS has been cracked?

derf

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2004, 06:38:00 AM »

I don’t think the concept of running the Xbox OS on a PC would be impossible, but the one thing I do believe would cause the most problems is the way the Xbox bios interacts with the OS. I would love it if you could do this; just think more memory available to the emulators etc. On another note if someone did manage to do this, would you need exactly the same hardware has them?  :blink:

Derf

XBLamer

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2004, 03:51:00 PM »

Anything is possible especially if someone leaks the source onto the internet

betaluva

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2004, 06:10:00 PM »

as far as i know,the os is a hacked version of win2k which you find on the disk,not the xbox, i cant see a way to make it run from a hard drive.

fragmaster170

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2004, 07:40:00 PM »

sad.gif drop it now, this thread makes baby jeesus want to cry.

Maddogthesahr

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2004, 01:17:00 PM »

This has to be posible.
I'm going to take this up in my next semester on my technical college, there is a lot of brains there.
I will let you know IF anything comes out of it.

And if this seems to illegal for those brains, then i am going to purpose an emulator OS, and a xbox emu that works ;-)

And please if anybody has an idea to some of these "insane" thoughts, then please let me now.
And if anybody has other crazy thoughts like these then i would be glad to hear them too.

thx all (please have faith in my ideas ;-)

:beer:

fragmaster170

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: February 19, 2004, 12:09:00 PM »

you do understand that as soon as they look at that source they can never code again? micro$haft only has to prove that you looked at the source code, not that you made a derivitive work or actually stole it, to sue your ass off and screw up the rest of your professional life.

betaluva

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2004, 08:45:00 PM »

whats jesus got to do with it?

vladivar

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2004, 09:58:00 PM »

maybe jesus wrote the source code and is really bill gates dad?   tongue.gif  tongue.gif  tongue.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 4