xboxscene.org forums

Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Who Have Successfully Placed Mods For Kotor 1  (Read 201 times)

darth_turtur

• Archived User
Who Have Successfully Placed Mods For Kotor 1
« on: July 19, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »

OK, it seems that there have been different topics that revolve around this issue.  So before I start handing out advise and little quazi-tutorials, I want to hear from people who have successfully placed mods for Kotor 1 and were able to play them in the game.

Here's what I would like to know:

Where do you place the files? (Folder locations, etc.)
How does this affect gameplay? (Framerate, quest conflicts, etc.)
And lastly, did you download the mods from pcgamemods.com?

I would like to get a collective thought on this because i'm afraid that once I send out the tutorial, people may have a hard time understanding it.  So for now, I want to hear from you regarding the above mentioned questions.

Thanks a lot everyone...

----Your Friendly Moderator, Darth Turtur----

nule

• Archived User
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2005, 09:17:00 AM »

Hi!

So..uh..do anyone know where one puts mods for Kotor 1?Has this issue been resolved?
There´s this topic & there´s another wich gives 2 solutions to add mods to kotor 1.
Im a bit confused. blink.gif

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(nule @ Jul 28 2005, 09:21 AM)
Hi!

So..uh..do anyone know where one puts mods for Kotor 1?Has this issue been resolved?
There´s this topic & there´s another wich gives 2 solutions to add mods to kotor 1.
Im a bit confused. :blink:

There's another solution that i'm trying to work on.  I'll let you all know what happens...don't worry, we're almost there!

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »

The issue was resolved last year. Mods for KotOR 1 should go here:

E:/TDATA/4c410003/Override/

Changing ini files doesn't always work out the way it should. Using an override folder in K1's save folder, does.

K2 was different in that it was not setup for DLC, so creating an override folder in the game directory works just fine.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2005, 10:43:00 AM »

QUOTE(VoxAngel @ Jul 28 2005, 10:12 AM)
The issue was resolved last year. Mods for KotOR 1 should go here:

E:/TDATA/4c410003/Override/

Changing ini files doesn't always work out the way it should. Using an override folder in K1's save folder, does.

K2 was different in that it was not setup for DLC, so creating an override folder in the game directory works just fine.

I tried that already...the only thing is you would need to point the ini file to look for Overrides in this folder otherwise, it wouldn't load your game.  Did you have to do the same thing Vox?

EDIT:  Also, Kotor's savegame data is in E:\UDATA\4c410003...is that what you were talking about?

This post has been edited by darth_turtur: Jul 28 2005, 05:44 PM

nule

• Archived User
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2005, 10:53:00 AM »

Hey guys,you are confusing a noob here! biggrin.gif

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2005, 11:44:00 AM »

QUOTE(nule @ Jul 28 2005, 10:57 AM)
Hey guys,you are confusing a noob here! :D

Alright nule...do this:

For Kotor 1, place all the files in a new folder named Override on your PC first.  Then transfer it via ftp to your xbox.  To find out which one works, place it in 2 different areas:

First, try E:\UDATA\4c410003\<---- Place the folder itself with all the contents here.  See if that works.  

If not, delete the entire Override folder and since you still have the copy on your PC, place it here: E:\TDATA\4c410003\ and see if that works.

So essentially, try placing it in both directories and let us know which one worked for you.

This post has been edited by darth_turtur: Jul 28 2005, 06:46 PM

nule

• Archived User
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2005, 12:39:00 PM »

Okey ...

I tried the second option,putting another texture for Bastila in underwear.A TGA file to be exact.I created a folder and then transfered the TGA file to it from my pc.
Without any results.She was still wearing her old stuff.

Since Im a noob, I was wondering wich file endings I have to ignore when Im looking for mods to go along with the game?I understand that I can´t use mods wich require a cheat consol.But other than that?

Im thankfull for your help.All of you.
Well Im gonna try the first suggested option,see if it works.

Brb..

This post has been edited by nule: Jul 28 2005, 07:42 PM

nule

• Archived User
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2005, 01:05:00 PM »

I followed your instructions,but non of them worked.
With both methods,Bastila still refuses to wear her new lingier that I got her. mad.gif
She´s a b*tch! biggrin.gif

Perhaps one should try another mod?I thought that a skin would be simple enough.
Not causing to many problems.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2005, 02:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(nule @ Jul 28 2005, 01:09 PM)
I followed your instructions,but non of them worked.
With both methods,Bastila still refuses to wear her new lingier that I got her. :angry:
She´s a b*tch! :D
Perhaps one should try another mod?I thought that a skin would be simple enough.
Not causing to many problems.

Maybe the underwear you got her was from Sears.  Didn't you know that she only wears Victoria Secret?  :jester:

Here's a mod you can try:

http://www.pcgamemods.com/7925/

It's Darth Vader's armor.  Start a new game to see if this shows up in the footlocker when you first wake up on the Endar Spire.  Try both methods to see which one works.

VoxAngel

• Archived User
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2005, 06:10:00 PM »

Should be in the TDATA folder. That's where the DLC is placed and it's where I've always put the override folder for K1.

mojonation1487

• Archived User
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »

So tdata one and change ini file to direct to that overide file, right? Sorry i've been gone i was on vacation till today. came home early cuz mom got sick in mexico.

bent_knight

• Archived User
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

I have installed and run a few mods for KOTOR1 on the XBOX.  The only bios I have besides the original xbox bios is the Cromwell bios, so .ini file editing (and a hard disk install) is not required.

All files were installed to:
TDATA\4c410003\override
(I assume that's on the E: drive, but only have direct access under GNU/Linux,
where it's /mnt/hda50.)

Mods installed / tested:  (from PCGameMods.com)

Evil Temple
     No ill effects, but could use some work (one path lets Jolee escape in Bastila's ship, and it would make sense to give Juhani a DS shift when she joins you and Bastila).  Still, a good mod.  I did not test the party selection changes for playing the temple.

Bastilla's Revelation Robes
     A clothing mod.  No problems noticed, but you might not get all the changes unless you begin a new game (changes Bastila's starting inventory).

Nule:

While I'm not an expert at this yet, the readme files indicated that a .2da file is used to control skins used in game.  I don't think you will get a working clothing mod unless you have one of these files (unless the file is named the same as the original texture it is to replace; then it might work with only the texture).

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »

QUOTE(bent_knight @ Jul 28 2005, 08:05 PM)
While I'm not an expert at this yet, the readme files indicated that a .2da file is used to control skins used in game.  I don't think you will get a working clothing mod unless you have one of these files (unless the file is named the same as the original texture it is to replace; then it might work with only the texture).

The big problem with Kotor 1 is that all the 2da files are are the global rims file so you would have to extract all 7 or 8 2da files.

There are some mods that use a modified version or appearance.2da and spell.2da.  For the most part, you can place this in the Override folder and will nullify the default one used by the game.

Glad to hear that it worked for you.

nule

• Archived User
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2005, 10:22:00 AM »

bent_knight

I thank you for the tip.I find it strange that the skin mod "Bastila's new lingerie v1.0 - censored version" didn´t come along with a .2da file.

Well I didn´t start a new game when trying that skin,just tried to load a game,where Revan has become a Jedi with a lightsaber.Perhaps it´s best to try a new game when trying to use these mods?

Im gonna give a try on these mods that you & Darth_Turtur have presented.

I would also appreciate for a tip on working robes mods for the pc,Specifically Dark Sith robes.There are so many to choose from & Im only a poor noob. blink.gif

Pages: [1] 2