xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Who Have Successfully Placed Mods For Kotor 1  (Read 202 times)

nule

• Archived User
Who Have Successfully Placed Mods For Kotor 1
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2005, 11:30:00 AM »

Hi again...

I´ve tried the Darth Vader Armour,some skins & the Bastilas robe wich bent_knight used with great success .
With no result at all. mad.gif

Put all the conten to a folder named Override & put it in my E:\TDATA\4c410003\ ..started a new game...nothing.No Vader armour there! :huh:Loaded some games to see if Bastila got her new robes.Nothing,same old.. sad.gif

I forgott to say that my game is a PAL version,so perhaps that might be a problem?
Damn pitty it won´t work for me.Im gonna try some mods for my TSL game,wich is a NTSC.

I would sell my sister for some working Kotor 1 mods!If I had one that is biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

Anyway thanks for all the tip & help.I keep an eye open on this topic.Hoping for a solution to this.

bent_knight

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2005, 12:18:00 PM »

nule:

When I first installed the robe pack for Bastila, I didn't see any effect either.  I had to start a new game and play through to see that it worked.  This is because it dosen't reskin any existing clothes, but adds new clothing items and places them in Bastila's starting inventory.  You might also be able to see the change if you have a save before entering the top floor of the temple on the unknown world, but that would only give you the second set of robes.

darth_turtur

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2005, 01:21:00 PM »

QUOTE(bent_knight @ Aug 2 2005, 12:29 PM)
nule:

When I first installed the robe pack for Bastila, I didn't see any effect either.  I had to start a new game and play through to see that it worked.  This is because it dosen't reskin any existing clothes, but adds new clothing items and places them in Bastila's starting inventory.  You might also be able to see the change if you have a save before entering the top floor of the temple on the unknown world, but that would only give you the second set of robes.

In addition, make sure you familiarize yourself with the contents of the mod.  Any mod that has a file with a .2da extension would mean that it will REPLACE the game's default one to the mod's "new" version.  E.g.  if you were to place a mod that changes Bastilla's appearance and there is an appearance.2da file in the mod, then this will nullify any other mod that uses this file.  For robes and/or clothing, a file that ends in .tga is the actual texture (graphic file) used for the mod.  So in essence, if a mod requires the cheat console (not available in Xbox), you can do one of two things:

1) Rename the file to replace an existing default game file (e.g. PMBI03 is the file name used by the system and if you rename a robe to this file, it will automatically replace the game's Blue Jedi Robe)

2) DON'T USE IT.

Hope this didn't confuse you even more.

Jonathon

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2005, 01:40:00 AM »

I took the skin files from http://www.pcgamemods.com/14671/ and put them in the E:/TDATA/4c410003/override directory and it worked flawlessly. I also tried putting them in the an override directory in the game's directory and it sort of worked but the colors were wrong.

Jonathon

Carlitos Way

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2005, 11:56:00 AM »

Hey Darth_Turtur i downloaded a pretty cool stormtrooper mod ( http://www.pcgamemods.com/8068/ ) and it worked in the overdrive in the game save directory.  The body has nice reflex and all but the helmet doesn't seem right. It has an appearance.2da and a helmet.2da file in the directory. I was wondering if you can give me step by step how to apply those files into the game. I believe its those files i need to do something with but i don't know what to do with them.

Thanks alot,
Flame Away  muhaha.gif

Dak Vesser

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2005, 11:51:00 PM »

QUOTE(Carlitos Way @ Aug 22 2005, 08:00 PM)
Hey Darth_Turtur i downloaded a pretty cool stormtrooper mod ( http://www.pcgamemods.com/8068/ ) and it worked in the overdrive in the game save directory.  The body has nice reflex and all but the helmet doesn't seem right. It has an appearance.2da and a helmet.2da file in the directory. I was wondering if you can give me step by step how to apply those files into the game. I believe its those files i need to do something with but i don't know what to do with them.

Thanks alot,
Flame Away  muhaha.gif

That's because all .mdl and some texture files from the PC version of KotOR/KotOR II are *not* compatible with the xbox. This has to do with the size and bit difference between the graphics. So anytime you see a MOD on pcgamemods.com that has a new helmet or new weapon, more likely it's gonna crash the xbox when it tries to read the new .mdl file.

And what sux even more is that the tools that are used to convert Kotor model graphics - so they can be edited in G-max, only work on PC models, and not those of the xbox..

yodasatomicweed

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 07, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »

most mods ive tried work fine, and ive placed them in the override folder in the TDATA or UDATA folder. i forget which it is. the only problems im having are when a cheat console is involved (thanks for mentioning that bit about overwriting a game file, ive gotta try that!), or when im trying to get stuff to work with the DLC. seriously, if you havent been on xbox live, just use a 2 month trial to get all your downloading needs, you shouldnt get banned as long as you dont keep your chip on when going on LIVE (or have a non-original BIOS running in some way, shape, or form), dont try to use modded content on LIVE, and you dont switch your HDD. that should at least give you time to get the DLC you want. but yea, override in  TDATA or UDATA works for me, the only problem is trying to use both mods and DLC, but i might have that fixed now, i havent been able to test it fully. oh, and dak vesser, ive got the same problem with the stormtrooper armor, its not just you.

digital71

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 07, 2005, 05:45:00 PM »

Does the DLC cost any money?  Because I've also been experimenting a bit with KotOR mods on the Xbox, but after I've read this:

the only problem is trying to use both mods and DLC

I thought maybe I should take a look if it's free (although you said that you've pretty much figured it out), and if it costs money I should just forget about it.

yodasatomicweed

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 03:06:00 PM »

i said i MIGHT have figured it out, i havent fully tested it. the downloadable content is free if you have xbox live. thats the only place to get it. like i mentioned earlier, if your xbox has never gone on xbox live, you should be able to use a 2 month trial without any problems as long as you dont do anything stupid (most notably, dont switch hard drives unless you want to get banned). what ive done is i ftp'd all of the DLC for it over to my computer, then deleted the non-essential stuff, like the signature key or whatever. i cant remember exactly what it was, but there were a few files (not related to actual gameplay, just stuff that wouldnt be in a normal mod) i deleted. i ftp'd all of it (minus the parts i had deleted) back to my xbox, into the override folder in tdata. i deleted the dlc folder from the tdata folder, so that it wouldnt try to run the dlc (putting mods in that folder result in your xbox not accepting any of it, mods OR dlc, because it doesnt match the signature), and made sure i had all the mods i wanted to use inside the override folder (the same one with the dlc). i got to taris fine, with all of the mods i had used working fine. just make sure that the mods are compatible with the dlc. ive also tried using dlc in its normal folder along with mods in a seperate override folder, and it didnt work all that well. anyways, this is all i can remember about it at the moment, and my apologies if ive screwed something up.

gazza1988

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2006, 10:17:00 AM »

right i have the pal game. i download lots of mods off of pcgamemods. they ALL work. i put them in a override folder in the game directory itself. when put in the game dirctory all the mods work.

ChaosTony

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2006, 02:07:00 AM »

GAAAAAH! I've tried everything to no avail!

I've unpacked the Darth Vader mod to:

E:\TDATA\4c410003\override
E:\UDATA\4c410003\override
and
the main KotOR folder\override

I start a new game and every time it doesn't work!! Can anyone tell me if I need to edit .ini files or do anything to activate them? Also, the E:\TDATA\4c410003\ wasn't there, and I actually had to create that...which is weird...

please help! I deleted my save game because I thought that was required to install the mods, and I don't want to start over without the mods!
Pages: 1 [2]