xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8

Author Topic: Pcsxbox V18  (Read 1084 times)

digital71

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #15 on: September 21, 2006, 04:49:00 PM »

APE

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2006, 05:15:00 PM »

Any improvement is good news. Few things that crossed my mind reading this thread:

A)The restrictions on an XBox are minimal to say the least. With a Voodoo3 and a p3 850 I was able to play playstation games without an issue of any sort. A Voodoo3 is lesser than a gf2 powerwise (if memory serves), and if I'm not misstaken the XBox's GPU is superior to that of an ordinary GF2. I'm not worried about full speed Playstation emulation across the board, it's just a matter of time.

B)Blah blah don't like the emu? Go get a real playstation and leave the rest of us alone.

C)Am I the only one who can't get games to run off their original disks? I seem to recall bin/cue being required but I thought that was for NeoGenesis.

guybird

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2006, 05:23:00 PM »

Thanks for the update.  Just wondering, is the dual shock emulation native?  Meaning if the game supported dual shock (like say Twisted Metal 3) and it had rumble, will this rumble accordingly?  Or do we have to program it in as normal?  Thanks again

Potato Bob

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2006, 05:49:00 PM »

hrm

Potman

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

nice, thanks xport.

Potman

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2006, 07:10:00 PM »

just a tip:
in configure controller, then "change joypad mappings", then "change game mappings", turn off emu15(up), emu16(down), emu17(left), and emu18(right)... or else u'll get a jerky analog control (using the dual shock option).
then decrease "change analog stick sensitivity" number down to 1.
(the analog control were shitty in final fantasy 8 but after changing the control settings to these settings, the analog control got alot better).

This post has been edited by Potman: Sep 22 2006, 02:11 AM

xboxjason

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »

QUOTE(Timerever @ Sep 21 2006, 10:21 PM) *

If I don't hail, Xport as the God of us all I'm a jerk and should be banned. Cool.
In one word: Meh...

The post below just exemplifies what I said. Meh

No, a simple "Thanks" would suffice, and a lot less "
QUOTE(Timerever @ Sep 21 2006, 09:22 PM) *

Yeah right.... I have yet to see a single game that runs anywhere near full speed. Even those listed as running fine like Thunder Force 5 lag all the way down to 40FPS, Klonoa for example runs at 30FPS yet it's listed as 95% working! Just WTF? I didn't even bothered to check my other games but I'm sure the rusult will be the same.

Unless the game game is running at 60FPS without frameskipping in my book it's not ok, and if it's not possible to make them run like this we might as well have no PSX emu at all. That's what I do anyway, I get the new releases, check if the games run at full speed and if they don't (they never do) I just delete the emulator again.
/rant ". That's all... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
~Jason

micbic

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2006, 09:48:00 PM »

A)The restrictions on an XBox are minimal to say the least. With a Voodoo3 and a p3 850 I was able to play playstation games without an issue of any sort. A Voodoo3 is lesser than a gf2 powerwise (if memory serves), and if I'm not misstaken the XBox's GPU is superior to that of an ordinary GF2. I'm not worried about full speed Playstation emulation across the board, it's just a matter of time.

You can not play all games full speed on that machine. It just doesnt.

Unless the game game is running at 60FPS without frameskipping in my book it's not ok, and if it's not possible to make them run like this we might as well have no PSX emu at all. That's what I do anyway, I get the new releases, check if the games run at full speed and if they don't (they never do) I just delete the emulator again.

Newsflash asshole, we dont give a fuck what you do. If you dont like the emulator dont use it and dont complain about something that you are getting for free. People like you are the reason xbox homebrew has such a bad reputation

madmab

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 09:56:00 PM »

Man... release a great emu and all the lewzers start coming out from under their rock.  Crawl back under yer rock and when you come up with a better PSX emulator feel free to come out again.  Oh and while your at it, we could use a full speed N64 emu, and what the heck, since we don't have it a dreamcast emu would be nice as well.   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sleeping.gif)

Anyways thanks x-port this is kinda what I was hoping for, I got a couple games I wanna try the true dual analog on.  The website thing alone is a worthy addition as well!!   (IMG:style_emoticons/default/pop.gif)   To bad about ape escape.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)  Oh well..

See ya!!!

APE

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 10:25:00 PM »

QUOTE(micbic @ Sep 21 2006, 08:19 PM) *

You can not play all games full speed on that machine. It just doesnt.

You misunderstand. I know it doesn't play them all fullspeed but based on the fact that my little old box is actually worse hardware (once you factor in the overhead Windows98 had along with the fact the emulator had to run on god knows what hardware) full speed, that I fully believe the XBox to be capable of full speed emulation across the board. It's only a matter of time before it's perfected. Closed platform+virtually no overhead that isn't the emulator+game data=very good chance of perfection. Xport is doing a wonderful job and can only see this getting better.

This post has been edited by APE: Sep 22 2006, 05:25 AM

law56ker

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 10:39:00 PM »

QUOTE(APE @ Sep 21 2006, 10:56 PM) *

You misunderstand. I know it doesn't play them all fullspeed but based on the fact that my little old box is actually worse hardware (once you factor in the overhead Windows98 had along with the fact the emulator had to run on god knows what hardware) full speed, that I fully believe the XBox to be capable of full speed emulation across the board. It's only a matter of time before it's perfected. Closed platform+virtually no overhead that isn't the emulator+game data=very good chance of perfection. Xport is doing a wonderful job and can only see this getting better.

Ah well someone probably would have to make an emulator from scratch, get coding:)

jcautela

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2006, 06:42:00 AM »

Thanks for everything.  Finally we have fully emulated controlers (dual shock+rumble+L3/R3) natively!!!!!!

I'm content now as everything is functioning and working like a real playstation, and isn't that the goal in the end?

After years of dev you've got it to the point of perfection.

That ass who complained about his games not running full speed never mentioned that they all played well enough to enjoy them...

tabsaid

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2006, 08:38:00 AM »

Really quite shocking that people would complain about this emulator.  Think about it for a second.  Your microsoft xbox is playing sony playstaion games.  I think its an amazing feet, and every version keeps getting better.  Anyway thanks for your work xport.  Countless # of people love it for every ass that complains.  I must have ripped atleast 70 of my psx discs and all games work atleast 90% with alittle tweaking.  I really don't understand what people are bitching about.

compton

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #28 on: September 22, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

I love you guys!!!

this is by far my favorite XPORT app, and now with the recent mad updates it feels like the xbox 1 is very much alive still.

i was in love with this program back in v. 11, now it is just amazing (duelshock.)

Timerever

• Archived User
Pcsxbox V18
« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 08:45:00 AM »

It's nice to see how I haven't really insulted anyone (check every post if you doubt) but eveyryone calls me an asshole, a jerk and a looser, and to make things even funnier I get someone telling me that:
QUOTE(micbic @ Sep 22 2006, 04:19 AM) *
People like you are the reason xbox homebrew has such a bad reputation

Yeah it's people like me that are ruining the homebrew scene, not everyone else around here that insults anyone who has a diferent opinions from theirs. Funky.

And all I said was that this statement was incorrect:
QUOTE(manu_xl @ Sep 21 2006, 08:25 PM) *

i think we have a version here which may be considered as a decent final one for the current xbox1 ... many thanks xport!!

No, it's not a decent final version, a decent final version would be an emulator that runs most of the games at full speed. That doesn't mean that Xport did a bad job (never said that, check the posts), it means that there is still plenty of room to improve.

But let's insult the n00b instead, it's funnier, raises your e-karma and get's stuff done (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rolleyes.gif)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8