xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Fceultrax Current Discussion  (Read 754 times)

deathx88

• Archived User
Fceultrax Current Discussion
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2004, 04:41:00 PM »

this is something that i've known for a while, it really doesn't bother me, its easy to work around
but when you have periods (.) in your game name this messes up the screenshots

either it won't show it in the game select screen but it will show it in the utilites and vice versa
i've only tried it on fce and neogenesis

is this a bug or something or is this the way it is with the filepath and all

jko

• Archived User
« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »

Hello!
I agree that the new version is DEFINITELY worth porting over...on top of everything that was already mentioned, they fixed up the sound problem for the FDS games! This latest version is becoming closer to the definitive emulator for NES/Famicom!

Great job on all your work, thanks!  smile.gif

-jko

dreadpiratetwosock

• Archived User
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 08:31:00 AM »

Hey,

The emulator is awesome!  Thanks guys.  I read all the faqs, I apologize if I missed something.  

Contra is not working on my xbox.  IGR is turned off on my bios and the same file works perfectly in windows using FCEUltra v. 081.  I'm using the emulator v16.  The fault is that the player and enemies show up normally, but the background is all black.  I'm using the xecuter BIOS 4983.

Is this some kind of bug?  Did my IGR settings not take effect?  Sorry if it's something stupid, I did try.

XboyAdvance

• Archived User
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 10:06:00 AM »

The "Contra' Series for the nes works fine. Maybe it's your rom.

dreadpiratetwosock

• Archived User
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 10:09:00 AM »

The rom works perfectly in windows...is there anything else I could have messed up in terms of video settings, etc?  Thanks for the reply...

I'll get another rom anyway, just in case.

XboyAdvance

• Archived User
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 10:14:00 AM »

First before we begin, Are you using FCEUltrax V.16?

dreadpiratetwosock

• Archived User
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2004, 10:44:00 AM »

FCEUltraX v.16
xbox 1.4 with Aladdin
Xecutor 4983 bios
Evox dashboard

Contra is the only game to exhibit the problem; Double Dragon, Mario Bros, etc. work normally.

XboyAdvance

• Archived User
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

Highlight the contra game and press the black button. Now choose to delete all the saves for this game, see if this fixes your problem

dreadpiratetwosock

• Archived User
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2004, 09:10:00 PM »

Cool.  I went in, played with all the video settings (don't think I actually changed any), deleted the saves, restarted and tried again, and it worked.  No idea what the glitch was, but if it happens again I'll know what to do.

Thanks a million!

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2004, 03:02:00 AM »

contra didn't work....weird. just weird. i hear crap like that and i think about how lucky i've been with my xbox. everything's always worked fine except FF8 and 9 for pscxbox.

X-Tensor

• Archived User
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2004, 11:49:00 PM »

QUOTE (deathx88 @ Sep 18 2004, 12:44 AM)
this is something that i've known for a while, it really doesn't bother me, its easy to work around
but when you have periods (.) in your game name this messes up the screenshots

either it won't show it in the game select screen but it will show it in the utilites and vice versa
i've only tried it on fce and neogenesis

is this a bug or something or is this the way it is with the filepath and all

that`s because the XBOX can`t allows some characters in the filenames (roms, videos,etc..).

. , + / " and others....

also, if you want to save roms (or whatever you want) in the XBOX HD, the rom filenames can`t be longer than 42 characters.

nevertheless, you can burn roms in a CD or a DVD with those characters, but you wont be able to save screenshots or save states.

if your roms doesn`t have this characters but they are longer than 42 characters, you can save states and screenshots as well, but if multiples roms have the same characters from the character number 1 to the character number 42, the XBOX will cut the folder filename due the 42 characters limit, that means a same screenshot for multiples roms.

Example...

if you have multiples roms like

Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu - Subette Koronde Dai Rantou (J) [b1].nes
Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu - Subette Koronde Dai Rantou (J) [b2].nes
Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu - Subette Koronde Dai Rantou (J) [p1].nes
Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu - Subette Koronde Dai Rantou (J) [t1].nes

this roms will have just one screenshot for all the 4 roms, this is because the XBOX will cut the folder filename due the 42 characters limit.

/Ike Ike! Nekketsu Hockey Bu - Subette Koro/

Xport can`t fix this, and nobody can..

X-Tensor

• Archived User
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2004, 11:54:00 PM »

QUOTE (ianmalcm @ Oct 1 2004, 05:34 PM)
the background music on FCE is way too loud. I play any game, then when I exit the theme from SMB2 is blaring out.

Could the sound level be reduced for future releases please?

you can moderate the background music volume pressing the right thumbstick (left and right)

Koitsu

• Archived User
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »

you can also default the music to 'off.'

you can also use a sound editing program like 'cool edit' to reduce the volume yourself.

one of those things are far more likely to happen than xport messing with j-red's skin himself.

pinkani

• Archived User
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2004, 09:45:00 PM »

Hi,
Read a lot of good things about this emulator, so I downloaded v16 and put into my xbox. I simply unrar the package and copied every files to F:/apps/fceultra. However, when I tried to invoke it, it kept going back to my dashboard with no error displayed or whatever - nothing. I've tried tweaking path to the skin and saves in the .ini file but nothing changed. Any help appreciated.
My xbox profile:
- v1.4
- softmod - UDE
- bios - X2 4982 BFM
- dashboard - evox

So far, the only NES emulator that works on my xbox is XNES, but its features are very limited and I have to reboot my xbox just to change games!

X-Tensor

• Archived User
« Reply #29 on: October 13, 2004, 07:58:00 PM »

QUOTE (dreadpiratetwosock @ Oct 13 2004, 05:23 PM)
Heya.  I was having trouble with my save states.  When I pushed the buttons, it said "state X saved" or loaded, but never actually loaded anything.

From searching, it looks like I need to manually create the filepath for the saves, and the problem is that the emu doesn't know where to write (I made my own file structure).

I am just writing to suggest that for the general faqs.  Seems like an easy pitfall to stumble upon and it isn't documented anywhere.  And if my solution is wrong (I haven't had a chance to do it yet), what should I do?

just like i said before, you can`t save states if your rom has characters like . , + " ,etc. This is because the Xbox keeps   the save states in the hard disk, and the XBOX file system can't allow roms with that characters that i have mentioned before. i bet that you have your roms in a DVD or a CD, don't you?

Another reason can be that save state folder has reached the files limit (over 4000 files by folder), so try erasing some files from that folder.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5