xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - February 26th 2007 Svn Rev7937 Build  (Read 505 times)

Bomb Bloke

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - February 26th 2007 Svn Rev7937 Build
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2007, 06:10:00 AM »

QUOTE(elitegamer360 @ Mar 1 2007, 01:21 PM) *

not trying to be rude but what do you suggest the optimum setting that we should use!? although for me I have no problem what so ever except with 1 mkv movie and to mention that I'm using the default XBMC settings.

Heheh, fair question.  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Truth be told though, I've no idea what the maximum quality settings the X-Box can handle are for any given codec. Not even close: In fact I've only got a few MKV/AVI files that cause mine to stutter, and those times are so few and far between that I can't be bothered complaining about them.

I recommend re-encoding several versions of that same video, dropping the bit rate by 50kbps each time until you get one that plays smoothly. Then you'll know your limits with the H.264 format.

elitegamer360

• Archived User
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2007, 06:45:00 AM »

ok thnx Bomb Bloke

thaks god the t3ch site is back biggrin.gif

zerocool_ie

• Archived User
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2007, 01:22:00 PM »

QUOTE(rramoutar @ Feb 28 2007, 10:09 PM) *
I had this problem a couple of builds back and deleting the database did solve the problem...

did the trick, thanks mate (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

anoobie

• Archived User
« Reply #78 on: March 02, 2007, 12:36:00 AM »

Here's something to look into:
Scanning a movie does not retrieve the rating info from imdb.  Rating is shown as 0.00 after scan.  

Thanks for all the hard work Team XBMC.  Hopefully there will be XBMC360 so I won't have a hard time finding an xbox.

grandmaster_b

• Archived User
« Reply #79 on: March 02, 2007, 06:20:00 AM »

I am having problems with the Quicktime movie script if I click the icon in the XBMC360 menu nothing happens if I go to the installed scripts menu and click there it will bring up the script and ask do you want to do update etc I did then when I try to play a movie in low - medium - or high it just black screens and still can't access it from the XBMC360 menu.
Anyone else have this problem or know how to solve it ?
I did fresh install deleted old version and cache.

nuka1195

• Archived User
« Reply #80 on: March 02, 2007, 06:59:00 PM »

grab the latest version in svn or wait til the next T3ch release. it's been fix in both the script and XBMC

ubernewb

• Archived User
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2007, 07:41:00 PM »

for all those having stuttering issues with your media viewing (avi, mpg, mkv, etc..) .. have you tried lowering your cache?

i used to get pissed when the box would hang on heavy action scenes, so i took a dig around the xbmc forums (official forums, not this site) and i came across a thread where they suggested lowering the settings, not increasing them. lowered my video cache (hdd, network, and dvd) to 256k and i haven't had the issue since. every release i do the same thing and i haven't had any stuttering at all for the last 6 or so builds..

beerchug.gif uber

Gawith

• Archived User
« Reply #82 on: March 03, 2007, 03:01:00 AM »

Hi guys,

sorry for asking this probably stupid question, but how do I get ImDB queries to work?
In former times I just pressed "Info" on the RC with a selected video and this started the query.
Now, nothing happens.
While selecting a music file and pressing "Info", everything works correctly...

Cheers.

grandmaster_b

• Archived User
« Reply #83 on: March 03, 2007, 05:22:00 AM »

I was running the latest 26th Feb SVM build, when I read on here about the stuttering issues I also tried to play some ripped dvds which I normally do weekly, I also now get stuttering so its unwatchable I remember this happend going back a few month ago I tried everything then gave up and just put in the DVD in the drive smile.gif instead, then can't remember which build but it was fixed in so I just rolled back to the 16th of Feb build which was working perfect except the Quciktime movie plugin and now all is well so sticking with that one until the next release is out I suggest all thouse who are having stuttering issues to do the same.

gav1577

• Archived User
« Reply #84 on: March 03, 2007, 10:12:00 AM »

QUOTE(grandmaster_b @ Mar 3 2007, 02:29 PM) *

I was running the latest 26th Feb SVM build, when I read on here about the stuttering issues I also tried to play some ripped dvds which I normally do weekly, I also now get stuttering so its unwatchable I remember this happend going back a few month ago I tried everything then gave up and just put in the DVD in the drive (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) instead, then can't remember which build but it was fixed in so I just rolled back to the 16th of Feb build which was working perfect except the Quciktime movie plugin and now all is well so sticking with that one until the next release is out I suggest all thouse who are having stuttering issues to do the same.

yeah looks like i will have to do the same until this issue gets fixed its not so much the stutter i get but more of a slight slow motion problem usualy after i skip forward or back through the movie if i pause the move then resume its back up to speed again weird  (IMG:style_emoticons/default/huh.gif)

zeozaza

• Archived User
« Reply #85 on: March 03, 2007, 03:38:00 PM »

I've been reading here for days..and read every post in this thread..

It seems that i am not the only one obviously.. I am actually getting every problem mentioned here by different ppl.
I guess its just one of those releases that is not working for me.. so i am going to rollback to an earlier svn/xbmc and install it for now.. Hoping there is a new release sometime soon.

Keep up the good work guys.. your work is much appreciated by many and i am one of them

_DNA_

• Archived User
« Reply #86 on: March 04, 2007, 11:13:00 AM »

I read through the posts but didn't see anyone mention the problem I'm having with the newest build.  The iMDB scraper works great in that it doesn't freeze up like before... but it appears that it no longer downloads the movie rating into the database!  It also seems to put movie keywords into the genre field of the database rather than the genre itself.  And just since I'm here I might as well mention that it doesn't seem to be able to download the movie poster for one file in my library in particular:  Boogie Nights (1997).avi  it gets the movie info but never gets a thumbnail... any ideas?

faceless

• Archived User
« Reply #87 on: March 04, 2007, 11:42:00 AM »

is there a way to stop the recent behavior where when you play an audio file in a folder, the playlist is cleared and all the files in the folder are added to the playlist automatically?

gav1577

• Archived User
« Reply #88 on: March 04, 2007, 12:57:00 PM »

To any one experiencing problems with dvd player in this latest build. its just been confirmed there is a bug in this latest version and will be fixed soon  biggrin.gif
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]