xboxscene.org forums

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Xboxmediacenter - May 21th 2006 Cvs Build  (Read 340 times)

slumberpod77

• Archived User
Xboxmediacenter - May 21th 2006 Cvs Build
« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2006, 03:39:00 PM »

no more hand editing XML sounds great smile.gif

i also confirm the context menu "settings" option bug.

one thing i just realized, in the My Programs settings, there's only Video Mode Switching for 60Hz games. since i am in the USA, i use NTSC. it would seem that for NTSC users, a "50Hz games" option would make more sense, since our games are normally 60Hz and we want to make our 50Hz (PAL) games run @ 60Hz automatically. maybe an option could be added to the Video Mode switching to pick which kind of game you want effected, since it would make no sense to have to effect both 50 and 60Hz games. i just figured this would be a good idea since XBMC has always been developed as a global project for use anywhere in the world...

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #31 on: May 22, 2006, 03:51:00 PM »

another bug report:
after you enable the new My Programs mode, subdirectories directly off of a bookmark containing programs are displayed and navigateable.
this lets you have additional levels of sorting in your stuff, for example:
say you have the normal Games bookmark, pointing at F:\Games\.
instead of having your games all in subdirectories of F:\Games\, you could have folders for each genre of game (a thing some people have talked about doing in the past on this forum), so like
F:\Games\Action
F:\Games\RPG
etc...
your actual games would be located like so:
F:\Games\Action\Halo 2\default.xbe
F:\Games\RPG\Morrowind\default.xbe

then, when you click the Games bookmark in My Programs, instead of a giant list of all your games, you will instead see the folders you made for each genre.
the bug is this: unlike the other sections of XBMC, in My Programs you cannot press the usual button (like B on the controller, Backspace on keyboard) to go "Back" up one level. instead pressing this control pushes you back to the My Programs root sad.gif this is most inconvenient if you have the Parent Folders item turned off like me, and i'm assuming this behavior is a development oversite and not really a true bug. in any case, it "isn't right" wink.gif

jmarshall

• Archived User
« Reply #32 on: May 22, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

That's already been fixed as well.

Next!

powerismine

• Archived User
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2006, 08:27:00 PM »

I am having an issue with the playlists, I can't seem to simply add by pressing 0, and then title to go to "now playing". Any ideas?

Thanks Guys.

I just updated today with this build, could be a bug, I dunno.

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #34 on: May 23, 2006, 01:09:00 AM »

are ya sure you have "look for thumbnails on remote shares" turned on? if they're remote shares, that MAY be your problem...

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #35 on: May 23, 2006, 02:22:00 AM »

here we go again.

slumberpod; apply some brains wink.gif

you obviously want ntsc games to run in ntsc. and u state that u want pal games to do that as well.

this is precisely what happens if you DISABLE auto switching. you have no need for auto switching. it doesn't make sense to have a auto switcher that does nothing.

slumberpod77

• Archived User
« Reply #36 on: May 23, 2006, 02:26:00 AM »

that wasn't really clear to me as an end-user, but thats what happens when you don't RTFM wink.gif
-EDIT-
devs, have you seen this:
http://forums.xbox-s...howtopic=514487

EGOvoruhk

• Archived User
« Reply #37 on: May 24, 2006, 03:08:00 AM »

Did they remove the ability to use the DVD Remote's keypad to jump to a certain time in a video file? Pressing the numbers does nothing for me

spiff

• Archived User
« Reply #38 on: May 24, 2006, 07:08:00 AM »

well, we removed the default keymapping for it since we wanted to use the numeric keys for stuff such as the volume etc. however, if u map them back to the numbers, the function is still there.

jbmartin87

• Archived User
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 09:13:00 AM »

all the game icons i had before the new build still work but when i try to add a new default.tbn it doesnt show up... just the "stock" app icon remains

Fred_PJ

• Archived User
« Reply #40 on: May 24, 2006, 10:15:00 AM »

QUOTE(slumberpod77 @ May 22 2006, 10:46 PM) View Post

no more hand editing XML sounds great smile.gif

i also confirm the context menu "settings" option bug.

one thing i just realized, in the My Programs settings, there's only Video Mode Switching for 60Hz games. since i am in the USA, i use NTSC. it would seem that for NTSC users, a "50Hz games" option would make more sense, since our games are normally 60Hz and we want to make our 50Hz (PAL) games run @ 60Hz automatically. maybe an option could be added to the Video Mode switching to pick which kind of game you want effected, since it would make no sense to have to effect both 50 and 60Hz games. i just figured this would be a good idea since XBMC has always been developed as a global project for use anywhere in the world...

The reason that there's a 60Hz games option is that 60Hz games may run in NTSC-M, NTSC-J or PAL60 modes. 50Hz games only run in PAL mode so that's the only option.

imamafackinhokie

• Archived User
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2006, 10:22:00 AM »

delete the myprograms db and the x y and z caches and see if that fixes anything about the folders blink.gif

brak3r

• Archived User
« Reply #42 on: May 24, 2006, 11:06:00 AM »

QUOTE(piquete @ May 24 2006, 03:58 PM) View Post

Should I submit the emulator/xport problem as an official bug of the newer CVS's? Does that qualify as a bug?

yep, always log at sourceforge if you want a stand a higher chance of getting it fixed. remember to in-cluded as many details such as chip type, bios you are running, region(pal or ntsc) etc as possible.

also in-clude a debug log if you can.

jbmartin87

• Archived User
« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2006, 12:16:00 PM »

QUOTE(jbmartin87 @ May 24 2006, 12:50 PM) View Post

all the game icons i had before the new build still work but when i try to add a new default.tbn it doesnt show up... just the "stock" app icon remains

ok i fixed my problem by deleting the .tbn files from my /E/apps/XBMC/UserData/Thumbnails/Programs
this should also work for music, video, and pictures folders as well... but im not sure as i dont have this problem

Sigvard

• Archived User
« Reply #44 on: May 24, 2006, 10:27:00 PM »

Mmmm I can't seem to add any videos to the playlist, Music playlist is fine though. Sorry if this had been mentioned before.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4